It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Now this is my final word.
If you're shy, get a towel!
We understand ladies.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Annee

are they not protected by the same laws?

What laws exactly?

Do you honestly believe a trans kid is going to expose him/herself?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

No I dont honestly believe a trans kid would do anything like this.
What I think or believe does not matter.
We all know some ahole cop or da will.

You still haven't answered the question I asked about the law in the first place. Are you telling me that laws that were put in place to protect children are now all of a sudden discriminatory?
Please remember I am only talking about minors not adults.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You still haven't answered the question I asked about the law in the first place. Are you telling me that laws that were put in place to protect children are now all of a sudden discriminatory?

Explain what law you mean and how you mean it.

I need to know exactly what you mean before I answer anything.

I can guess what you mean, but I'm not going to.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I posted earlier in this thread what the current law for expose for minors is in the state of NC.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I posted earlier in this thread what the current law for expose for minors is in the state of NC.

That's exactly what I thought you meant.

Again - - what exposure do you think a minor is going to be exposed to in school?

You've already agreed a trans kid is not going to expose themselves.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What you 'sound' like you keep parroting is that trans kids are little angels who would never ever cause a ruckus. Remember, it was you who said there are thousands, who's to say they can't start their own little gangs and who said trans people aren't bullies too, or troublemakers too, or 'place name here'.

It goes both ways not just 1 remember.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

lol
you just refuse to answer because you dont like the answer

just because the law does not fit your agenda does not mean children need less protection

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

lol
you just refuse to answer because you dont like the answer

just because the law does not fit your agenda does not mean children need less protection

NO

You're playing games. Trying to be clever. You are not the first to pull this.

Yes, there are laws about exposure.

I am not sure what the law is about a minor in school accidently exposing him/herself - - are you?

AGAIN, which you have already concurred, a trans kid is not going to intentional expose him/herself.

If anything, it will be bullies trying to get a peek at the transgender's private parts.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

What you 'sound' like you keep parroting is that trans kids are little angels.

No, kids are kids. All kinds of personalities. But, the last thing a trans kid is going to do is intentionally expose that part of themselves.

I hate it when posters try to be clever playing "sneaky mind games" about the exposure law.

Of course there is an exposure law. We all know that.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No, kids are kids. All kinds of personalities. But, the last thing a trans kid is going to do is intentionally expose that part of themselves.

=============================================================================================================================
Reply:

That would depend on the situation as for anyone straight included. The point i think or might i say problem with this is that most people don't want it. Yet its being pushed and pushed.

Here look at this just today, another indication of just how angry people are that the Govt is stepping in and mucking it up whenst there were no serious mucks. Anything done by force and to the point of demand never goes over well.

www.breitbart.com...

“The Obama Administration has taken Title VII of the Civil Rights Act – it was designed to prevent discrimination on the basis of sex – and they’ve created a whole new class of accommodations, for a minuscule part of the population,” she continued. “And so the Obama Administration, time and again, has tried to force government entities to accept this gender identity issue, the bathroom issue, against common sense and the will of the people.”

Lafferty said this coercive agenda goes far beyond the transgender bathroom controversy. “They’re taking whatever law that’s out there, and twisting and perverting it,” she said. “We see it with regulatory actions, with EPA and others.

This Administration is corrupt. This Administration has tried to use the heavy hand of government to force the American people to comply, on a range of issues.” Lafferty worried that the public didn’t fully understand the significance of the bathroom issue.

“This is not just about a guy going into a women’s bathroom at Target, or wherever. It’s also about schools,” she explained. “There is a broader agenda, and I hope those that are running for office will understand this.”

It's a ticking time bomb, and yes they've done it to divert other issues but this too is nonetheless an issue to many people.

This isn't quoting at all or letting me insert content. OP we need an OP!

edit on 5/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Breitbart is not a source that works for me.

Just an FYI. I was a 40 year Republican, a Hawk, a Christian when I was younger.

Life and years has changed my thinking on many things, more then once.

My AZ "straight" daughter (age 47) would probably agree with you. My "wild child" (age 44) probably not.

We are not going to agree on this. I 100% support forced Equal Rights. I've experienced it several times. It works and its the right thing to do.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

fair enough.

Yes i too have changed my thinking on many things, including religion which isn't a part of my ideology now. I do believe life feels better when you don't have people in power pushing things on others, it should have been left well alone.

Forced equal bathroom rights are different in that, children are being used as pawns here, and that's just not cool at all. Where are their rights? Why don't they get a say in this? I would never have survived had i been born into this nutty generation today, i know myself pretty well, and i would have totally been self conscious about a boy being in the shower/change/bathroom with me.

I'm not the only one, i know many many others who feel the same way. This thing they're pushing isn't Normal to the majority of us. It makes many Women unconfortable and vulnerable knowing that any Man can just walk in on them.

The biggest point being that, Now that the 'Sick Pervs' know this, they will mark my words... Will use this to their advantage. That is where the real upset is coming from.

I mean seriously, if a Man came into a washroom and i was alone, who's to say he can't take me at knifepoint or try something on me or even take photo's? I couldn't possibly overtake him, i'm not a big nor beefy kinda Woman, how would i defend myself?

This is going to cause much unease and unrest for many many Women in particular. The more allowance for this sort of thing and encouraging it, the more severe the blowback will be.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I mean seriously, if a Man came into a washroom and i was alone, who's to say he can't take me at knifepoint or try something on me or even take photo's? I couldn't possibly overtake him, i'm not a big nor beefy kinda Woman, how would i defend myself?

I carry a small canister of pepper spray. Oftentimes, I stick it in my pocket, especially in places where I'm most likely to be attacked - that is in places where it's perfectly legal for men to be: parking garages, elevators, walking trails - any public place where there might not be a lot of people around at any given moment. Ban all men from those places, and I'd sure feel a lot safer.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The definition is "As a legal expression, indecent exposure is the deliberate exposure in public or in view of the general public by a person of a portion or portions of his or her body, in circumstances where the exposure is contrary to local moral or other standards of appropriate behavior"

...so if a boy decided to pretend to be a girl for a period of months and longer and changing his name and growing his hair long and getting his parents to agree that he now lives as a girl in the expectation that one day he's going to be able to go into girls' bathrooms and girls' locker rooms to wave his wand at them... that's indecent exposure.

It's also byzantine and weird and the parents would probably be prosecuted, too.

However, I don't see any boy or man going to that much trouble. I can see bullies pretending to do so but the actual work needed to "pass" just so they can get into the locker room/bathroom at school is beyond most of them.

I also notice a complete lack of concern about female-to-male transgendered people exposing themselves in the men's locker rooms and men's restrooms. Given that three of the four TG people I know are female-to-male... shouldn't this be of some concern?

...just wondering.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

fair enough.

Yes i too have changed my thinking on many things, including religion which isn't a part of my ideology now. I do believe life feels better when you don't have people in power pushing things on others, it should have been left well alone.

It took me 65 years to completely step out of the "God Circle", can't say I didn't give God a shot. And it was as if a huge weight was lifted off me. I stopped living for the "end reward" and pleasing an imaginary being I was told existed. Everything became Right Now and all responsibility was mine.

I lived before Fair Housing, the Disability Act, Women's Rights, Civil Rights, no smoking in restaurants, and a few others.

Each one had to be forced. And society/life became better after each was forced.

A real life "hands on" testament to Forcing society to get along.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I doubt that anything was "forced" that didn't already have mass appeal (or simply didn't bother enough people), but is the argument that society will be "forced" into men in women's locker rooms and vice-versa feasible?

I'd be careful with that argument.

You can force some things onto people, but not all things.
Especially if the intellectual basis and justification is absolutely missing for 99 percent of people.
And they see it as a disruption to their lives and children, rather than their safety.

I have a feeling your force is about to be forced back, because it's used irresponsibly.
It's being abused.

In fact. many of the gains we have made through gradual friendship and political activism are going to be pushed back.

But yeah, try bulldozing it and conflating it with all kinds of other issues.

History happens through gradual social change; not through force.

I feel sorry for transgender people, because now they're on the vanguard of social justice warriors, and I think most of them never intended this kind of social disruption that makes the majority very angry.

edit on 23-5-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

This whole issue smacks of cultural distraction. It is wrong to expect girls to tolerate it.. but while they have everyone focused on this freedom (which is imposing a loss of one) they are attacking many other freedoms.

Hmm which freedom to protect so many choices now..

Class war is a complicated thing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

I doubt that anything was "forced" that didn't already have mass appeal.

Are you kidding? Mass appeal by who?

You think the majority of citizens voted not to have any say in who moved into their neighborhood? Hence, Forced.

NO, there were objections and made up excuses, just like this Equal Rights fight.

Christian churches fought - - and won - - not to have to accommodate the handicap.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Now if a female-to-male trans person did his ablutions in the men's locker room, that's fine.
I'm fine as an adult, and due to his cosmetic surgery nobody would even notice.

But the OP article is about teens, and allowing people into opposite gender locker rooms who haven't even had the full procedure.
Essentially they're trannies!

Yes, I would mind very much if I had a son and some female paraded about the locker room naked.

There is a gender disjuncture about this which is indeed misandry.
Not only are men easier classed as pervs, but even the Olympics make a gender binary.
Male-to-female trans people must be on hormones to partake; but female-to-male trans people can partake unrestricted.
www.theguardian.com...

Whatever the case, to me no dude with male genitalia belongs in the girls' locker room in school.
I don't care what the libtard consensus is.
I will take that man out personally.
And I'm sure, many people would do the same.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join