It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: luthier

The morality of exposing girls to male genitalia. What part of that do you NOT understand?

I don't think that's a morality. That is a cultural phenomenon guided by the cultures morality.
Like I said people all over the world have co Ed and nude exposure. Without incident except of coarse by the religious fanatics immigrating in to take advantage of the refugee situation.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: neutronflux

Schools do not require showers after PE. This isn't 1950. I teach wrestling and have in three states. No one uses showers in school anymore.

It was in my school in the 90s. Needed a letter to get out of the shower. If you would not shower before and after swim class, you didn't get to take the six week course.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

OK. Even in the UK you have more nudity on regular TV and adverts.

On mainland Europe you are well aware of what I am referring to though correct? As well as Scandinavia?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Isn't it bigotted, prejudiced...racist even, to assume all europeans are nudists?

I know of nobody here who walks around int he nude.

So...let's get this ironed out...this should be a laugh:

I'm a right-wing, superstitious, religious nudists who is bigoted against transexuals from Europe.

That practically makes me a nazi.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: neutronflux

Schools do not require showers after PE. This isn't 1950. I teach wrestling and have in three states. No one uses showers in school anymore.

It was in my school in the 90s. Needed a letter to get out of the shower. If you would not shower before and after swim class, you didn't get to take the six week course.

Sad as it is that was almost 30 years ago. Not many schools can even afford pools never mind kids showering. A lot has changed since the 90's.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not really, no...I think the assumptions you are making as akin to Englishmen in bowler hars and Scots with ginger beards and bagpipes.

But, please...do go on - so, I'm a bigot...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

All Europeans are nudists?

Never said that.

Just wondering if you ever saw the unisex public bathrooms or are aware of saunas as a tradition aspect of some European cultures.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

First off my wife is polish. We are looking at buying a home near Galway (I know not England) I have spent months in Europe. Not all europeans are nudists. But nudity is far less stigmatised then it is in the US. I was shocked the first time I went to England when I was twelve. I saw boobs on regular TV.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We have a watershed, sexual content isn't shown until after a specific time, 9pm I think.

To be totally blunt, much of the sexual or suggestive content is on kids tv shows. Adult jokes slipped into cartoons and by overy sexual and promiscuous presenters...all part of the very thing I've been speaking out against, so yeah.

you are right, tv is far more liberal in sexual content here in Europe...and it's part of the problem. So I appreciate you both supporting my argument in some way, much obliged.

P.S - I'm in Scotland, Galway is lovely, you have good taste and best of luck

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Interesting. This thread started with a lying fallacious article written about an editorial about a letter sent by the Departments of Education and Justice at the request of school districts nationwide that, in its actuality, is directed toward insuring that all students (including, much to the dismay of many, Trans* students) have equal access to private safe public facilities.

In response, we've had some clear statements that, despite the mantra that concerns about this letter and public policy in the United States complying with the Constitution and the laws of the land (Title IX among them), the real concern here is that gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans* folks are really perverted child-molesters who must be kept away from children.

Forget the fact that this topic is technically, at least, about responses to policy statements about equality and the rule of law.

How disturbing that so many of our friends on the right so clearly have such elaborate imaginations about how bad things can happen to children! I think this disturbs me as much or more than as the rampant bigotry on display.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Many people have been pushing PRVATE schooling or schooling at home.

How much more yall want to put of with ?

Public schools are no longer about education. It's all about indoctrination.

Prime example with the gender 'issue'.

They are the borg,

They will assimilate you.

Your BIOLOGICAL and uniqueness will be added to the collective.

So there is no longer individual identities.

Resistance is FUTILE.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well said.

It's unfair to lump gays, lesbians and bi's in the same category as people who harbour severe delusions.

Bigoted, almost.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Thanks man and glad we can agree to disagree.

Believe me I have very strict morals and ideals.

Having coached a trans kid and some of my wife's experience as a professor has given me some awareness of the reality for trans kids and adults. I am really just putting in my two cents so they have a fair shake at life and happiness. Sexual situations are different. I don't think nudity has to be sexual especially regarding kids. I think there should be privacy stalls in changing rooms if your modest. Most teams kids are very modest and 99 percent of the time would be the ones using the privacy stall. They just don't want to be bullied and beaten.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

"I don't think that's a morality. That is a cultural phenomenon guided by the cultures morality"

Well ok then 😸

link   
No one is pushing private schooling or home schooling (wait, are right wingers against that now? I can't keep up.)

Public schools are what they've always been about. Now, a few more children don't have to feel like they're out of place by going to their appropriate restroom/changing room/etc.

Dark, disturbing fantasies aside ... these policies (ostensibly mentioned in the OP) are actually about insuring that kids get to be individuals, that they can be who they know themselves to be without being constrained to "fit in" by a heavy-handed school system.

These policies are a boon to anyone who believes in personal freedom, the Constitution and the rule-of-law: in short, the American Way.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Well there is also the fact that public schools also see the most situations and children and understand what's out there.

But I do partly agree with you in how bad schools are. My concerns are more about the education and learning part.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Thats the problem these confused boys are wearing panties which can't contain the excitement within them... As chemical reactions beyond their control cause the genitalia peek out in interest revealing the truth of their existence...

Yeah, puberty blockers or spironolactone (testosterone blocker) and estrogen really make those male hormones rage, by golly! Ever hear of chemical castration?

Doing it anyway... Transgender school GIRLS.

Those are all boys who look like girls. Just because the guy in the movie "Predator" looks a lot like an Alien hunter, doesn't mean he's not just a guy in a costume. What has happened to your brains that you cannot see this?

Because the law recognizes them as female.The right is on about this because they were not naturally that way at first. Unless They are scared of dating one accidentally one day and think they are going to hell. Sorry. if They are ignorant of her previous sex God wont hold that against them.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more...nobody deserves to be beaten or bullied and I appreciate your honesty, you're clearly passionate about the issue and capable of holding your own on that regard.

I don't mean or want to be offensive, it's a touchy subject.

I reckon this'll be the last thread of this type I take part in, I have my views and opinions but at the same time my aim isn't to make enemies, and I've done enough of that of late.

For what it's worth you have my full respect and I was sincere in wishing you the best of luck.

Much obliged.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you see the difference?

Morality is a fluid subject.

It was moral to have public executions at one time now its not. It was moral to not allow woman bank accounts now its not etc.

When you apply logic to morality then we have a better arguement.

Right now you have not provided that arguement.

The boogey man doesn't count.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well said.

It's unfair to lump gays, lesbians and bi's in the same category as people who harbour severe delusions.

Bigoted, almost.

Cute.

Folks said the exact same things about those gays, lesbians and bi's for decades a few years ago in this very thread.

Sometimes minorities have to stick together, despite their differences.

When you're the focus of the hatred we've seen in this thread, you'll understand.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join