It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma lawmakers have passed a bill that makes performing an abortion a felony.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I wonder what the rise in cost for Social Programs and Welfare/Food Stamps will be to cover all these new unwanted babies that are being brought in to this world??? Plus the medical bills, daycare, etc. Because I imagine many of these women who are being forced in to birthing them won't be able to raise them without help from the Gov.

That doesn't even start to explore the extra costs of a couple generations of it going on. Or any other ramifications this may have from the boom in population.

It's gonna cost money so...Let's just kill em.

Seems resonable.

Maybe if abortion was illegal and murder wasn't an option then dumbasses would think twice about unprotected sex instead of knowing they can get a free pass at the clinic.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is so stupid. Are they gonna charge pharmacists with a "felony" too? Are ERs gonna need to get a judge to sign off on giving rape victims an abortion pill? Are they gonna pull Plan B from the shelves? What about IUDs? Or any birth control method that makes the womb hostile so a fertilized egg can't implant?

What a grand standing, waste of tax payer monies! It seems like Republicans WANT to give the White House to Hillary Clinton!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hmm...interesting how conservatives can think like this and not see it...."more localized laws make for less tryanny". Really, more laws and less freedom equals less tyranny?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
This is so stupid. Are they gonna charge pharmacists with a "felony" too? Are ERs gonna need to get a judge to sign off on giving rape victims an abortion pill? Are they gonna pull Plan B from the shelves? What about IUDs? Or any birth control method that makes the womb hostile so a fertilized egg can't implant?

What a grand standing, waste of tax payer monies! It seems like Republicans WANT to give the White House to Hillary Clinton!

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think it's wrong to assault another person. if that person happens to be carrying a fetus then one would normally assume that the person, as well as her family, might suffer an additional sense of loss because of it.

but I also believe that these laws had unexpressed motives behind them, as evidenced by the number of innocent women being caught in their trap, as well as you expressing your confusion over the conflict between the two contradictory legal stands.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think it's wrong to assault another person. if that person happens to be carrying a fetus then one would normally assume that the person, as well as her family, might suffer an additional sense of loss because of it.

but I also believe that these laws had unexpressed motives behind them, as evidenced by the number of innocent women being caught in their trap, as well as you expressing your confusion over the conflict between the two contradictory legal stands.

While we may not agree at least you see there are two contradictory legal stands on unborn children.
The info you have provided on how laws are turned on mothers is terrible. No one should have to endure that.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
why is it republicans are always yammering on about smaller government, then they pass laws like this ?

Not all Republicans. I'm pretty hard right and this is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. I need to read more to see if there is more to it but abortion is the woman's choice and therefore, there have to be doctors available that can and will perform the procedure.

PERIOD!

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

funny thing is....
your description seems to fit a few conservatives also... daleiden comes to mind...
I ain't saying that there isn't a few liberals doing the same thing, but I will say that when it comes to running the nation, we'd avoid a heck of alot of problems in the future if we could just keep an eye on the truth instead of running based on lies and misconceptions.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes...the right lies also. But the left has made a religion of it. When the majority of what you say is a lie, you become worthless and useless. That is the majority of the left in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

and the right uses religion to excuse it!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
here's the stupid law...

webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us...

the only exclusion is to protect the LIFE of the mother, not her health, not to prevent unnecessary pain in the case of a prolonged miscarriage.. so what if she is a 12 year old victim of incest... none of that matters...
just if things get so bad that no one will question that her life was in immiment danger..

only the fact that the doctor was forced to sit on his arse waiting for the heartbeat to stop is going to be the reason why some of these women's lives were put into danger to begin with...

one of the biggest lies coming from the conservative politicians.... that they want to end the needless abortions in the country. if they really did want this, they would be at least trying to create laws that show an understanding of the medicine involved, the complications that can arise, and make sure their laws aren't putting women in unnecessary danger. instead, they seem to deliberately neglect that part of the equation, which will make them quite unconstitutional in the long run.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow, this is absolute insanity. It makes no sense to think a law like this would stand.

When they pass something ridiculous like this in one hand and wave it around in our faces, it really makes me wonder what that other hand is doing behind their back...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.npr.org...

Under the bill, doctors who perform an abortion could face three years in prison, and lose their medical license. There are no exceptions for rape or incest — only the mother's life. Oklahoma lawmakers passed the measure with no debate. The only doctor in the Senate — a Republican — voted no, calling it 'insane.' "

How do the legislators of the state of Oklahoma expect to get this past the supreme Court? Didn't Roe v Wade settle this?

The SCOTUS is currently short a justice due to the GOP refusing to hold a hearing to confirm...

Trump has said he will hold doctors (and patients...though he flopped quickly on that part) legally accountable for Abortion.

He then said he would leave it up to the states.

With Scotus hobbled (and the empty seat possibly filled by Trump in 12 months) and elections the way, Oklahoma is just giving us a peek at what they hope will be the permanent new normal under Trump.

**And not for nothing, but the Governor of OK who must sign this into law? She is on Trumps short list of VP picks**

Edit to add: She just vetoed the bill as being "to vague" on what was considered an exception and expressed hopes for a Pro-Life SCOTUS nominee to overturn Roe v Wade.

WIth that...I think she is on the really, really short list to be Trumps VP pick. She managed to tack away from the extreme while still being extreme in sentiment. She is dreaming about electability on the national stage.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

WIth that...I think she is on the really, really short list to be Trumps VP pick. She managed to tack away from the extreme while still being extreme in sentiment. She is dreaming about electability on the national stage.

Going against Roe v Wade will doom her and Trump both in the POTUS elections. I't didn't work for Palin/McCain and it won't work for Trump. Might as well just give it to Clinton.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Indigo5

Going against Roe v Wade will doom her and Trump both in the POTUS elections. I't didn't work for Palin/McCain and it won't work for Trump. Might as well just give it to Clinton.

I think Indigo makes a really good point, his analysis does seem plausible to me.

But I also agree that it would be poison to the Trump campaign to get behind overturning Roe v. Wade. Even if the balance on the court shifted to this even being a possibility, I don't see the public getting behind it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
KWTV - NEWS 9

42 mins ·

Governor Mary Fallin on Thursday vetoed a measure that would have banned abortion in the state, because the bill was vague and would not withstand a criminal constitutional legal challenge. ‪#‎News9Breaking‬ ‪#‎OKcapitol‬

Senate Bill 1552 would have made it a felony for physicians to perform abortions. It also contained a provision to revoke their medical licenses unless the abortion was necessary to save the life of the mother.

You can all calm down. Go back to your lives citizens; nothing to see here.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave

KWTV - NEWS 9

42 mins ·

Governor Mary Fallin on Thursday vetoed a measure that would have banned abortion in the state, because the bill was vague and would not withstand a criminal constitutional legal challenge. ‪#‎News9Breaking‬ ‪#‎OKcapitol‬

Senate Bill 1552 would have made it a felony for physicians to perform abortions. It also contained a provision to revoke their medical licenses unless the abortion was necessary to save the life of the mother.

You can all calm down. Go back to your lives citizens; nothing to see here.

To late the damage is done. The Republicans will look back on this dumbass pandering to the right and ask themselves WHY?
Even the very mention of overturning Roe v Wade will bring out women that are normally apolitical.

edit on 20-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All part of the "fundamental transformation of America". The problem, reaction, and solution are all part of the process. Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
why is it republicans are always yammering on about smaller government, then they pass laws like this ?

Why is it if someone kills a pregnant woman. it's a double homicide, and a double felony?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join