It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visions when one closes their eyes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hi

I'm creating this thread to ask for some info on the idea of visions when you close your eyes. Does anyone else experience it?

I have been meditating daily for almost a year now. To be honest it is coming along slowly. ...however I am persevering with it.
Recently I experienced something I have only remembered happening 4 times over the past couple of years. A few weeks ago I was settling down for meditating. I closed my eyes and was faced with the same darkness and swirl of colour etc. However as I was staring forward into the darkness to the lower left side of my view was a small almost screen type thing. It was roughly 1 fifth of the whole view. It was as though the I was looking at it through a dark bush.
In it was a scene as though I was watching a television. The colours and images were as vivid as watching TV but with slight darkness in front of it. I don't really see the point in going into the content but it consisted of people talking in front of a fire. There was no sound.

Like I said this has happened before but I put it down to weird connections my brain was making with the colours when I close my eyes.
However the scene was so vivid and fluid that it went beyond this.

Finally I want to say this happened before I really settled into my meditation and carried on for around 15 minutes then literally just blinked out.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Hoping I don't sound a bit crazy....but this is the only place I feel I can find some answers.
Thanks in advance

edit on 19-5-2016 by InMyShell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

Every time that I close my eyes and wait just a few seconds,I will start
seeing grass with yellow flowers.I used to see what was like a mosaic
with multi-colors.The colors were white,yellow,green and royal blue.
Some times at night,while trying to fall asleep,I will see images of faces.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am familiar with seeing images and faces etc. But these experiences and particularly this one was in live motion.
Ithe was basically like watching a fully moving television program. I just kept my eyes closed and watched. The shapes colours movements etc were as real as watching it live.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Hi yes I had the very same thing the other day..very startling...I just led back and watched almost like a television or projection of a fairly mundane 'clip' of a street scene...white car reversing in a suburban street...the clarity was quite amazing

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I sometimes get strange things if I'm doing this when very tired, and dropping off into a semi wakeful dream state.

Were you very tired at the time?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When I was younger, I started meditating. One time I came in from work, sat down just closed eyes and relaxed, and meditated. Then I was watching tv, and watched a whole episode of a popular show. When the show ended, I opened my eyes, and the tv was in fact switched off. I had imagined/dreamed the whole thing, but it never felt like I was sleeping, or even meditating. Most confusing, but it taught me how powerful the mind is in creating very real and believable realities. It was very different than just imagining something, and if it was just a dream, I must have entered that dream state almost instantly.
Around that age too I explored lucid dreaming. Amazingly real experiences to be had, I particularly enjoyed flying in that state. Very easy to do with a bit of practice. You just need to keep a dream journal, writing down dreams on waking, you recall many details which fade quickly. And secondly you need to reality test yourself many times in the day...am I dreaming...let me see...no. After a while you will ask yourself that question when you are dreaming, and boom...the lights go on and you are aware that you are in a dream, and can do whatever you like.

The mind is amazing!

Sounds to me like you are starting to explore that realm between awake and asleep. There is much info out there but nothing beats your own experience.

Keep exploring and thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I experience this fairly often.
I see a lot of faces.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes, I do. I don't think it is too unusual Google "closed eye hallucinations" for info.

I never see simply darkness when I close my eyes. I see patterns of swirling light or sparkles of light at least. More often I see shadows moving, faces, or entire elaborate scenes in full color and motion.

Brains are weird.

Eta - people that don't experience this might think it I s imagination... But I guess it is, in part,.., but this is completely different than imagining an image in your mind, or "visualizing" something. First, it feels random and totally outside of your control. Second, it isn't in your mind... The sensation is that your eyeballs are literally seeing this. It's hard to explain the distinction if you don't experience it, sorry if I'm not saying this clearly.
edit on 19-5-2016 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
when such experiences aresis than do not cling or try to identity them and just enjoy the moment

after meditation or in next meditation, try to learn the true meaning with descriment, intuition and insight.

But don't try to do that while having an experience,
as it is time to just watch - enjoy and observe without expectations.

well ... this is a bit how I do it, heh

good luck.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So I'm not alone.

I see faces.Hundreds and hundreds of faces.Changing,morphing,various expressions.
Just before I go to sleep.

ETA:Just as Veghead stated,I actually see this.It doesn't seem to be in my head and it seems to be black and white,although redheads stand out.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Ericthedoubter because: Nailed it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I used to get this thing,since i was a child,where as i closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep,a place would appear,as if shoved in front of my face.A place,somewhere in the world.Sometimes there would be for instance a woman taking food out of her oven,or a guy shooting hoops,or someone standing in a park etc.Sometimes just buildings,sometimes an animal like a dog running down a sidewalk.Just mundane scenes,ordinary people and places.But never the same people and places.Almost like involuntary remote viewing?

Once i was looking at a young woman,pretty and came across as a sweet person,she had a dear,lovely smile.We were in a big garden,or a park,but this time i was Seen.She was looking up at me+smiling at me-it was like i was looking at her through someone else's eyes-then it passed but i always after had the sad but certain feeling that she really existed-and would be murdered within a short time frame after i saw her.To this day,to think of it makes me sad.

I never talked about this remote viewing type thing,it was just such an ordinary everytime i tried to fall asleep thing,and i assumed of course other people got it too,it's not the type of thing one thought about discussing.But since i got a pc+starting reading online a few years ago,i realised it's not something everone got,so i started talking about it.And now i never get it anymore.Well bitterly seldom.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Ummm...yeah...it happens every time I close my eyes...It's like a movie theater playing behind my eyelids...

I'm of the opinion it's some over stimulation in some cortex thingy or another...it's annoying sometimes...but I usually try not to close my eyes unless I'm ready for sleep...

I wonder if I'm REM stating during waking moments...I also wonder if it has anything to do with the feeling of brain numbing tiredness that lingers from the moment I wake to the time I sleep again...
It's like I didn't really sleep at all...

Probably just some crossed wires...or virus in the code...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I used to get this thing,since i was a child,where as i closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep,a place would appear,as if shoved in front of my face.A place,somewhere in the world.Sometimes there would be for instance a woman taking food out of her oven,or a guy shooting hoops,or someone standing in a park etc.Sometimes just buildings,sometimes an animal like a dog running down a sidewalk.Just mundane scenes,ordinary people and places.But never the same people and places.Almost like involuntary remote viewing?

Once i was looking at a young woman,pretty and came across as a sweet person,she had a dear,lovely smile.We were in a big garden,or a park,but this time i was Seen.She was looking up at me+smiling at me-it was like i was looking at her through someone else's eyes-then it passed but i always after had the sad but certain feeling that she really existed-and would be murdered within a short time frame after i saw her.To this day,to think of it makes me sad.

I never talked about this remote viewing type thing,it was just such an ordinary everytime i tried to fall asleep thing,and i assumed of course other people got it too,it's not the type of thing one thought about discussing.But since i got a pc+starting reading online a few years ago,i realised it's not something everone got,so i started talking about it.And now i never get it anymore.Well bitterly seldom.

The person you noted in the dream was not a human, it was a demon. Don't worry about whatever else.

Everyone here that has such visions, the majority of them at least, are also seeing visions given to them by demons.

Mediation, this type, is demonic, and invites demons into their lives. The majority of people doing this have no idea. Demons are minions of Satan the Devil.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I've had experiences where it's as if I'm watching a film and I just let it run.

More interesting, for me, is when I can run a computer game and actually play it, but it will always be a game I've recently been playing. Just lately it's been Free Cell which is rather more complicated than Brick Shooter, which I could play for ages

edit on 20-5-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies. A lot of good info and nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Just to add to the weirdness the thing I was seeing when this happened was a person speaking to what I can only describe as a yellow robot. I don't think I can extract any hidden meaning other than I'm not playing with the full deck.

I wasn't tired when this happened. If anything I was perfectly at ease. I believe this wasn't imagination. It is hard to explain why but it just was too real and unpredictable.

Finally I'd like to add all my life from as long as I can remember I've seen or heard things. Doors swinging open, weird dreams, seeing dark figure behind me in a reflection, dark figures standing over my daughters crib. Also these things have happened in many different houses.

Also I'd like to add that when I left my parents home where a lot of strange activity occurred my parents told me the weirdness stopped. They also would see things in the house.

Am I being followed or is it just coincidence and I'm making connections. Thanks again

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Everything you described is demonic.

It happens when one delves into the occult. The realm of Satan.

Whatever you did you attracted Satan and his demons into your life. If it is following you, and not just where you used to be.

And you will know this is true. You will know if you are involved in the occult, which is the only reason this follows you yourself and not the rest of your family.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
When one does meditation often some sort of visions come rather to distract the mind. One should not concentrate on them, but continue the meditation process. That's why one should have some process which follow and also a mantra which protects and helps with meditation.

Mantra's vibration is peaceful and when you repeat it the mind calms down more easily. In astral there are many beings that might try to distract, that's why also mantra is good, but for that purpose you have to find the mantra that fits for you. Intuitional search always brings the right guide finally. That's what I have experienced with 30 years meditation.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterH

Hi

I don't think I did anything to attract demons. This has been going on since I was a young child. And has followed me through 6 houses. The house I'm currently in hasn't brought anything except this vision experience.

I'm hoping it's not demonic. One instance was I had the experience of walking to the top of my stairs in my student apartment. At the bottom of the stairs was a very old frail woman screaming "Get Out". The screams shook my whole body. I found myself back in my bed and had lost the feeling in both of my legs...which took around 10 minutes to come back. It scared the he'll out of me. Maybe the spirit there wasn't impressed with my activities when staying there.....I know I wouldn't have been happy with me.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterH

Hi

I don't think I did anything to attract demons. This has been going on since I was a young child. And has followed me through 6 houses. The house I'm currently in hasn't brought anything except this vision experience.

I'm hoping it's not demonic. One instance was I had the experience of walking to the top of my stairs in my student apartment. At the bottom of the stairs was a very old frail woman screaming "Get Out". The screams shook my whole body. I found myself back in my bed and had lost the feeling in both of my legs...which took around 10 minutes to come back. It scared the he'll out of me. Maybe the spirit there wasn't impressed with my activities when staying there.....I know I wouldn't have been happy with me.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I know exactly what you mean about the distraction. I do get that a lot where my mind wanders and imagines/creates weird situations...anything to stop me from quieten in my mind which is frustrating.

This is different I think. This happens almost as soon as I close my eyes when I am starting to prepare for meditation. It is really random and is almost like someone left the television on in my left hand field of view.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join