It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me why I should vote for your candidate for President!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Simple little thread/survey.

Please, tell me why I should vote for your candidate. It's not a secret that I really like Sanders. I could also have been persuaded to vote for Rand Paul. I like a real Libertarian. Those two might seem like polar opposites but they're both way better than the old, tired two party system we have and the established politicians that keep doing the same thing over and over again.

So seriously, tell me why I should vote for Trump or Clinton, or even Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. I see those last two as protest votes though.

I need more than propaganda and talking head stuff. Don't tell me that "Clinton is a career criminal" Or "Trump is a racist" Of "How could you possibly vote for a democrat after what Obama did the last 8 years" or "Trump has a classy first lady" LOL Give me some real stuff and real reasons.

For myself, if I had to chose between Trump and Clinton, I'm seeing that they're very, very similar in most policies. You could even call Trump a conservative democrat or Clinton a liberal republican and I don't think you'd be too far off the Mark. Being that I see them as so similar. I don't see the country being that different with either of them at the helm. I see them both as war hawks and similar economic principles and I don't see either of them reigning in our police state/KGB state that we're currently living in.

What I do see is clinton being more active in equal rights for minorities/LGBT more than trump. Clinton has publicly stated that she believes in science, especially in the case of climate science and Trump thinks it's a Chinese conspiracy. He might just be saying that to pander to the hard right voters during the primary. I believe it worked, but with the small nuances, I feel like Clinton is a better candidate than Trump.

Your turn. Why should I vote for your candidate? Real reasons. Not just right and left wing hyperbole.
edit on 19-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Vermin Supreme

Reason? Ponies

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Gary Johnson is a Libertarian.

Gary Johnson 2016

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't want you to vote for my candidate, I want you to vote for yours.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna vote Trump though. He came up with this great idea. We don't have to worry about our debt because we can just print more money.

Trump 2016

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't have a candidate but I would argue that you should vote third party.

If you vote for a democrat, you cannot seriously complain about the corruption in the party. You would be supporting a party that substituted the voting choices of 600,000 of its own members with the choices of a committee of party leaders, in 2008. You would make yourself an accessory to their corruption.

You would also be supporting the two-party system that schemes behind our backs to dilute our votes and filter our tax dollars into their pockets and the pockets of those they are beholden to.

On the other hand, if you vote for a third party you will have spent your vote wisely on a cause that is worthy -- tearing down the two-party system.

It's clear this is what the two-party Establishment fears the most and that is why third party candidates are completely ignored by the media.

You can hold your head up high and your hands will be clean if you pretend the Democratic and Republican parties do not exist when you go to vote.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

holy# at least someone is showing how retarded politics is, I want my free pony.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Vote for the lesser of two evils. Trump. I f clinton wins sanders might as well hang himself because you do not insult a clinton and live if you are a polotician in washington.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

ALL HAIL LORD BOOT HAT

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I don't think that's a new idea, in case you haven't been paying attention for the past 15 years. But Trump has called repeatedly to audit the Fed.

So yeah, Trump. Why? Because he doesn't take any #.
edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I don't think that's a new idea, in case you haven't been paying attention for the past 15 years. But Trump has called repeatedly to audit the Fed.

So yeah, Trump. Why? Because he doesn't take any #.

So you support his notion on printing more money?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What I do see is clinton being more active in equal rights for minorities/LGBT more than trump. Clinton has publicly stated that she believes in science, especially in the case of climate science and Trump thinks it's a Chinese conspiracy. He might just be saying that to pander to the hard right voters during the primary. I believe it worked, but with the small nuances, I feel like Clinton is a better candidate than Trump.

I don't have a friggin' candidate in this race...........and you've obviously already made up your mind as between Clinton or Trump and considering that there isn't a third party candidate with a chance in hell of winning this, I really don't see the point of your OP!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Because he's not Hillary.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Vote legitimize the libertarian party because the 2 party system has failed. The red and blue turds will fail this country it doesn't matter which one takes office.

So vote for something that will actually change things. For the next 4 years we are screwed, but at least we will have some hope at the end.
edit on 19-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Never vote FOR anyone; always vote AGAINST the FASCIST corporate lapdog.

Not that it will make any difference....but if you don't sit at the table, you can't play the game and have no right to whine.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't have a candidate but,

Hillary is a snake
Bernie seems smart but,
Trump seems to be able to really clean house.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No, but I support auditing the institution that is doing it which is the first step.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I wish I HAD a candidate for President.

Unfortunately none of them met my criteria for being decent human beings.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Never vote FOR anyone; always vote AGAINST the FASCIST corporate lapdog.

I am voting against Hilary as well.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't want you to vote for my candidate, I want you to vote for yours.

Damn, beat me to it.

Bernie's out, he simply hasn't accepted it yet. The others mentioned are simply fringe candidates that likely won't get more than 1% of the vote. I used to not believe in a "wasted" vote, but really, nobody's listening to our protest with such small numbers. The surge of Bernie and Trump though, show that the people are fed up, if nothing else.

Personally, I'm voting for Trump.

Here's why I am, then make up your own mind.

You're not far off when you said the two are similar in mindset. The difference though, is in who is pulling their strings. Hillary is basically bought and paid for by special interest, Wall Street, big banking, and even foreign donors from China and Saudi Arabia. Given this, it's hard to believe she will truly represent US as in Americans, in her policy decisions. On the other hand, Trump could still take such monies, and simply ignore any of their directives, because politics isn't his life. If you go back to even the 80's, you'll see that Trump's position on many issues and what it takes to make this a great country, really haven't changed. You can tell he has a GENUINE passion for America and its success.

Both candidates have changed their minds on social issues, but then again, so has mainstream America. In 2008 for example, the nation's moral stances on issues like abortion and gay marriage weren't so skewed in one direction or the other. That all said, such issues are now a matter of law already on the books, so these factors don't really even factor into this election at all.

As for immigration, none of Trump's rhetoric is really any different than what Hillary's hubby called for when he was President. Only he used the term "border controls" instead of a "wall". None of the other candidates were going to touch the issue until Trump raised it, because it's an area we're hemorrhaging money. Likewise, like Bill, Trump is questioning our role in being the world policeman, except he's taken the line of "hey, we should get paid for it, if we're doing it"....

The current administration (which Hillary is a part of), has made some really boneheaded international deals as of late. Take the Iranian deal for example. We basically agreed to letting them continue doing what they were, and to allow them to police and inspect THEMSELVES, and open diplomatic relations. What? How on Earth does this make any sense? Where's our benefit here? It isn't the ONLY such deal, but a prime example of how our representatives must obviously be making decisions based on who pays them, not the people they are supposed to represent.

Simply put, I've read the plans as outlined in his book. While I don't agree with all of it, it certainly is the closest thing in line with my own ideas as to how we can improve.

Obamacare started out as a great idea, but in the process of passing it, it got morphed and altered by Insurance companies and their paid politicians, until it was basically an unconstitutional mess that benefits insurance carriers more than Americans. It's beyond fixing. Under Clinton, basically nothing would change (because her financiers don't want it to). Trump would rather revamp it from scratch.

Do I LIKE Trump as a person? No. But that has nothing to do with whether or not he'll make a good President. Does he sometimes say things that make one cringe? Sure, but really, all of them have at some point or another.

Nothing will change under Hillary....well, except maybe more erosion of our civil rights. After all, she's made no secret about her stance on the 2nd Amendment (i.e. why does anyone need guns?...even though she's surrounded by men with them). In other issues though, she'll simply take her orders from the same folks her current boss does.

Granted, Trump will face a hard road getting anything through Congress...but at least he's bringing some fresh ideas to the table, instead of the same old stale ones that got us here in the first place.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join