It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clintons took payments from Trans-Pacific Partnership backers last year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
#WhichHillary made HRC famous for her flip flops of political pandering, put simply HRC has a huge problem with voters not trusting her. With trade agreements being a major campaign issue. Voters are wondering if Hilley will just flip again and endorse the TPPP once she is elected. Lets hope we never find out, or should I say lets hope she is not elected, if she is elected we may soon find out that she was just pandering for votes and never meant to follow up on being against the TPPP and will be flipping on many of her campaigns promises!

Former President Bill Clinton raked in millions of dollars from special interest groups in the weeks just before and after his wife announced her presidential campaign, including $325,000 from a group that pushed for the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Hillary Clinton came out against the trade deal in October under pressure from her rival, Bernie Sanders, and his progressive supporters. Sanders denounced the agreement early in his campaign, arguing the deal benefits major corporations at the expense of American jobs.

But the National Association of Manufacturers, which paid Bill Clinton a hefty fee just one month before Hillary Clinton launched her candidacy in April, lobbied for the Trans-Pacific Partnership, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

source

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They are all corrupt.. This doesn't surprise me at all..

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

At what point in life have you made enough money that doing the right thing becomes your priority? I almost feel sorry for her with her pathetic and empty life.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only hope we have against the TTP and TTIP and whatever the other ones are... is Bernie. Democrats really shot themselves in the foot this election.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Voters are wondering if Hilley will just flip again and endorse the TPPP once she is elected.

Good grief...........you really have to ask?

Of course she'll endorse it. Sometimes I really have to wonder about people!

Why the hell Wouldn't she endorse it? The TPP will further hollow out the US Middle Class...........she hates the US Middle Class!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

At what point in life have you made enough money that doing the right thing becomes your priority? I almost feel sorry for her with her pathetic and empty life.

Ya know,
After 10 to 20 million dollars you would never see my ugly butt again. Hermit city!
But I suppose I would want to do some good with that money to.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The National Association of Manufacturers has worked with the Clinton Foundation before to help with skills and technical training for workers in the manufacturing industry.

Washington, DC, June 25, 2014: Today, The Manufacturing Institute announced its Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Commitment to Action to provide technical assistance to at least five communities in the Framework to Make U.S. Manufacturing Strong as part of their participation in the CGI America meeting. Manufacturing employs more than 12 million people with innovative and rewarding jobs that include salaries and benefits well above the national average. Yet over 80 percent of manufacturers still cannot find the skilled workers they need to fill important jobs within their companies. There are pockets of excellence around the country, including innovative campaigns around youth, women, and veterans; strong technical education and community colleges; and state policies that are propelling regional successes. Yet, closing the skills gap will require more than individual successes; manufacturers and their partners must agree on a series of coordinated actions that will take the models to scale.

The Skills Certification System is designed by and for industry, and endorsed by the National Association of Manufacturers. The Skills Certification System has activities in 36 states, and 73 community colleges are on the “M-List” recognizing education institutions that align to manufacturing certifications in credit-bearing programs of study. Since 2011, 290,478 certifications were awarded, positioning the System on target to achieve the goal of 500,000 certifications issued by 2016.

www.themanufacturinginstitute.org...

The are helping train people that work or may potentially work in the manufacturing industry in the US.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They also lobbied for the TPP:

But the National Association of Manufacturers, which paid Bill Clinton a hefty fee just one month before Hillary Clinton launched her candidacy in April, lobbied for the Trans-Pacific Partnership, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

From the OP

new topics

top topics

join