It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Messaging Blackhole...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yep, me too, makes it impossible to communicate. We figured i'd be able to send a letter from here in OZ to the U.S by snail mail would be quicker. Donations going well i see

Yep, you were one of my co-victims in this...and I still don't think we've managed to effectively communicate yet.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

you were my case in question lil miss. BTW, no one has guessed that secret sound yet. i updated that thread with more clues too.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

you were my case in question lil miss. BTW, no one has guessed that secret sound yet. i updated that thread with more clues too.

Ok, I'll check it out. We can still win!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The ATS U2U system isn't really that advanced to begin with.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Happens to me randomly too where I didn't receive a message that I should have. Sometimes I'll have a message, but the envelope icon isn't white to alert me.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I received an applause the other day, but there was no notification. I don't recall not receiving a notification before.

As for messages being deleted, I've notice that messages do expire after a while. They have done this for as long as I remember.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I was told by, I believe someone from the ATS staff, that if someone sends a message, then goes into their 'Sent mail' and clicks on said message, to perhaps re-read what they just sent, it will cause the recipients message to look as if it has been read by them already...
Hope that helps. Syx...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I figured that one out awhile back, so it may be a contributing factor in some of the mysteries... I would love such a simple explanation for the missing messages.

Thanks for the reminder!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You are correct, that's exactly how that happens.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

We recently hired a new mailman, his name is Newman. I believe, based on a deep dive investigation, he's hiding ATS PMs in an empty apartment in Queens rather than delivering it.

He's seemed a bit off during the interview, the fact he fell asleep toward the end of it should have been a hint that we just missed.

edit on 5-20-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

My brain is Frizzle Dizzle Dazzled, help would be great
Western Union may soon be your friend !! lol

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

*clenches teeth, imagines those beady little eyes behind which lurks all the evil in the world*

"Hello, Newman."

But why? Why would he DO that??????

Well. That explains it.

So it IS a monster after all!!!

- AB

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

You are correct, that's exactly how that happens.

But what about the messages that just don't make it to the recipient at all? It just happened to me again, only this time it's still showing in my outbox. I had the thing happen to me before where the message didn't come through highlighted, so I always double check, but these messages never made it...both ways, too. I'm not getting their replies either.

I kind of figured maybe it's the mobile version? My laptop took a powder so I've been using my phone...maybe it's some weird compatibility issue. It just sucks when you've typed a long reply and it never gets thru. *bitch bitch* *whine whine*

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Download Chrome for Mobile devices.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Download Chrome for Mobile devices.

I did, but this morning I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Hopefully that did the trick. Thank you!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i have just realise - i may have contrubuted to the problem

i have always been skeptical of the ATS message system - messages pop up in non chronological order - and other wierdness

we now know that if a sender re-reads a sent message - then it becomes ` marked as read ` in the recipeinets inbox

now i has just deleted a sent message - as its inconsequential - and i clear the decks from time to time

but the thought occured - if the recipient didnt read it - could my deletion of my copy delet his too ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It used to. Doesn't work like that anymore

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Has anyone had a weird glitch where a sender's message is repeatedly sent at different times? I've had that happen, it's frustrating because I'm not sure if it's accidental system duplications, or something eating the message & spitting out an old one in it's place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join