It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't terrosist take ocean cruise's ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cruise line doesn't take them where they want to go. Their just better off hijacking little speedboats and go for the ports. They are not as stupid to cause a shutdown on cruising on certain countries.
edit on 19-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Good point and good original throught.

A question Paul Craig Roberts asks is why none of them ever attack the neo cons?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Because there's no such thing as terrorists. U mean see eye ahh proxy soldiers

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I could care less if you think it's "cool " or not. Pointing out a fact.....fact is ignorant is a word he use's to describe himself. How is my repeating it not cool. Regardless..I'll stand by my OP that no cruise line is nor will be a target for the theatrical terror we all endure.....Also understand I want be PC to anyone anymore.a reply to: Boadicea

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I could care less if you think it's "cool " or not. Pointing out a fact.....fact is ignorant is a word he use's to describe himself. How is my repeating it not cool. Regardless..I'll stand by my OP that no cruise line is nor will be a target for the theatrical terror we all endure.....Also understand I want be PC to anyone anymore.a reply to: Boadicea

Okay. If that's who you want to be, I'll just say thanks for the heads up. It's always a good thing to know when someone will resort to name calling and insults rather than owning their own words -- and especially their misstatements. Got it!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There's no miss statement there. NO terror organization in modern time post 911 world has went after a cruise liner full of people. Nor have they in the past...save two incidents. And those incidents compared to todays TV reported terror...is to say the least small potatos. You don't see terror involving cruise lines because if there was just one incident of it ....cruise industry would just dry the hell up. TPTB...aint gonna let that happen. You want see an act of terror involing a cruise line in my lifetime. I would bet my life on this fact. Too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is to be lost. Simple as that. And if the member has ignorant in his avatar title....well that's on him.reply to: Boadicea

edit on 20-5-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Because its a dumb idea mostly. You trap yourself from escaping knowing navy seals will be on the way. Most Americans don't even like cruises so threatening them most Americans don't even care. The reason for terrorism is to change peoples life through fear. Then theres security yes they have access to firearms there is an armory on board.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OK, here's why....

1. It is nearly as difficult to get weapons on a ship as it is a plane.

2. Areas even close to accessing the bridge are secure, so breaching this would involve a bit more tech and sophistication.

3. Even if they took the bridge, there are other points of access and control not so easily accessed and controlled by terrorists.

4. A ship is extremely large. Securing it completely would require TEAMS of terrorists...(and of course, weapons). The ship's security would likely be plenty effective enough.

5. Once night falls, they KNOW the ship would be infiltrated by SEAL type teams, and that they'd easily be able to position themselves masquerading as passengers.

Simply put, there are much softer targets that are FAR easier to secure, than a large cruise ship.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

But yet again, on 911 they managed to do the very things you say can't be done. Terroism is a man made government ran operation to keep the mass's inline.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I said nothing of the sort. Airplanes are rather easy in fact, to defeat security wise. When I flew a lot more, I always had a stun gun with me (it was disguised as a cell phone). This was prior to 911, haven't tried it since then.

On ships, I only said it was difficult, not that it can't be done. The main problem of a ship is sheer size. It's too large to secure. So, a rescue effort would not be difficult at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Wow, reviving an old thread. As I said, terrorists are not stupid enough to get the cruise line to shutdown.
First, the cruise ships are not fast as planes to get away from the navy.
Second, why hijack cruise lines for hostage, when you rather take hostages of people leaving cruise ships making it a lot easier to get away with.

See how Somalia pirates got it now compare to the cartels taking foreigners as hostage which you called tourists. The only people that hijacks cruise ships are suicidal ones. Way too many people to watch and no way of escaping without sinking the ship.
edit on 20-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wow, reviving an old thread

The one before me did the thread necromancy, hehe...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join