It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't terrosist take ocean cruise's ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thank you thank you for saying that phrase...It does seem odd.a reply to: CJCrawley

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Achille Lauro hijacking

In 1985, Klinghoffer (then 69, retired, and in a wheelchair) was on a cruise on the Achille Lauro with his wife Marilyn to celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary. On October 7, four hijackers from the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) took control of the liner off Egypt as it was sailing from Alexandria to Port Said, Egypt. Holding the passengers and crew hostage, they ordered the captain to sail to Tartus, Syria, and demanded the release of 50 Palestinians then in Israeli prisons, including the Lebanese prisoner Samir Kuntar, who had been responsible for the murder of five civilians in a terrorist attack in 1979.

The next day, after being refused permission by the Syrian government to dock at Tartus, the hijackers singled out Klinghoffer, a Jew, for murder, shooting him in the forehead and chest as he sat in his wheelchair. They then forced the ship's barber and a waiter to throw his body and wheelchair overboard

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I laid that to rest a few posts back. Real as the way our Governments lay out for us and try to get us to believe terrorism.....No cruise liner ever has been targeted. In our modern times of terrorism......post 911. Nor will it happen in my opinion. To much cash in that industry.a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Trains, planes and buses are simply "boxes" or "tubes' in which all face in one direction and a clear defined border between "outside" and "inside". All hostages are VISIBLE and there are few hidden compartments. A cruise ship is a high-rise floating lengthwise. With 1,000's of shafts and ducts and compartments only the builders and service techs are aware of. Plus they float with some 5,000+ people and a few 100 of crew. So a good guess as in a lottery to chance it that some ex SWAT or other SF guy is on board and knocks the terrorist out. A cruise ship is even worse a target than lets say single school that is a stand a lone site within a city. It is akin to taking an office tower where you got no clue what agency or department has the 15th floor rented.
Klinghofer paid the price but the "result" in terms of "terror propaganda" was zero. The Somali pirates prefer cargo ships and tankers for the simple reason that these are crewed to the minimum. An average tanker or container ship works with a crew of 35 or about. So that is a lot easier to manage such a small group than 5,000+. The pirates also use the piracy to extort money for the release of the cargo. Totally different ball game.
Terrorists are cowards; they prefer not taking chances for failure.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

when your premise :

Makes me wonder why not one single instance of terrorism onboard a cruise ship.

no date specific caveat appears in the OP

has been falsified

just man up and admit you were wrong

FFS - do not move the goal posts and make it date specific

because hey - in 2012 a cruise liner was attacked - but the attempted boarding was repelled

my hint for you - is claim " mandela effect " - thats the current excuse de-jour for people unable to admit they were wrong

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No cruise liner has been the target of a post 911 terror attempt. Is that more to the point for you. More than once I said...IMHO which means In My humble opinion. Do you fully understand that statement? After all you use the descriptor "Ignorant" in your avatar.a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

you moved the goal posts - that is fooking dishonest

now you have shifted the criteraia to post 9-11

there is still the failed 2012 attack

logic is not your forte is it ?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm with you on this theory.
It's all "controlled" terrorism.

If these guys were all on their own acting without oversight, you would see nations leaders and congress people, etc HIDING in a bunker.

edit on 19-5-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There are so many soft targets it isn't even funny. However, the reality is that there aren't that many terrorists who have the reach and capability to pull off an attack anywhere, much less a cruise ship. I think it is just a function of probabilities. I'm sure you aren't the first to think of it....

When I was at the airport the other week I wasn't so much worried about a plane hijacking, but the actual terminal and TSA line itself is a sitting duck.

I've just come to accept that no where is really safe anymore. However, they are still relatively rare, so I can't waste my time worrying about it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
No cruise liner has been the target of a post 911 terror attempt. Is that more to the point for you. More than once I said...IMHO which means In My humble opinion. Do you fully understand that statement? After all you use the descriptor "Ignorant" in your avatar.a reply to: ignorant_ape

Nothing ignorant about Ignorant Ape's comments. They were spot on.

I won't call you ignorant; but I will suggest that you can do better than this. You wrote the OP and thus you established the faulty premise. If you failed to correctly state your premise, you had every opportunity to acknowledge and correct your misstatements... insulting another ATSer was neither necessary nor appropriate. If you were ignorant of successfull and/or attempted cruise liner hijackings, you had every opportunity to acknowledge and correct your misstatements... and, again, insulting another ATSer was neither necessary nor appropriate.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I remember when they killed Klinghoffer. He was in a wheel chair, they wheeled him up to the edge of the deck, shot him with an Ak47 and pushed him overboard.

You want to know why they don't hijack cruse ships anymore, theres too much political fodder there.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Have fun in CIA land or FBI ville when they come haul you off in a few hours.

Toodles!

-Alee

[Im probably on a stupid list now for even clicking this particular thread, great RIP]
edit on 5/19/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262...they could sink one with ease...

i disagree, it would not be as easy as you seem to think it is, cruise ship staff undergo rigorous training for such a scenario as terrorists or pirates, cruise ships can move pretty damn fast, you'd be surprised, they can simply outrun most threats. also no one gets on board that ship without having their every possession analyzed by security, they check every piece of luggage and make every passenger go through metal detectors while also making them empty their pockets to an xray machine. so threats are not able to board, and they are not able to chase the ship down,

there are some further added measures, just in case they do somehow reach the ship cruise ships are equipped with very powerful water canons which cover them 360 degrees which can also be used to push back even sink anyone approaching the ship.

then ontop of all that, cruise ships try to stay within militarized waters, the few moments they are vulnerable is when they are traversing from one country to another, and thats typically where they haul ass.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a possible reason: its called terror for a reason.

What are you more terrified of:

- the prospects of your boat going down, and you have to get on a life boat and float in the ocean for a few hours
- the prospects of your plane going down, and you can't fly

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does everybody on here now think I'm a terrorist....to damn funny. I suppose I'm the only one in the whole wide world who has thought of this scenario.....Deny Ignorance Indeed. I just think it's odd that entire industry is left the hell alone by them mean ole terrorist. And the fact fellow members would say the authorities are coming after me......What a damn hoot that is. I can't be the only one on here that thinks it's just damn odd.

Text

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Does everybody on here now think I'm a terrorist....to damn funny. I suppose I'm the only one in the whole wide world who has thought of this scenario...

I don't think you are a terrorist, you'd have to be a stupid terrorist to post on ATS lol...but I often think of my potential risks, and I've also thought of 'soft' targets in my region of the world, easy, unguarded, and way more deaths than a bomb on a bus. I've not posted my thoughts though, I wouldn't want to be a victim myself if by posting it I gave someone the idea.

*Edit*
I would not want anyone else to be a victim either of course, but my selfish will to live primarily concerns me in my thoughts of security holes in the UK.
edit on 19.5.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
French terrorists bombed our Rainbow Warrior which caused death. While not a commercial cruise ship it was still an act of terrorism by the French.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Do you actually think I'm the only person to think of this? over 6 billion people on earth and lil ole me is the one that gave terrorist's the "idea" of taking a cruise ship as a target. LMAO. IMHO the terrorism we see is theatre for the mass's. Can't have that life-long war on terror without a good plentiful supply of bad guys....... a reply to: grainofsand

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seeing as how I don't know how to swim....the terror for me would be my boat sinking. As far as being on a plane. Want happen, unless I'm dead and their moving me somewhere else. a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes, see the terrorists know we have Steven Seagal on our side, so they will never win that one.

www.imdb.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join