It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Search For Cures, Scientists Create Embryos That Are Both Animal And Human

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheparoo2
I dont see what is wrong with it if its saving life's or or helping the human race to overcome problems and survive. People say we shouldn't do it because its playing god. Isn't it about time the church stops holding back the human race from in the name of a fictional charictor called god that doesnt exist! They have been doing it for the last almost the last 2000 years. I wonder how mutch more advanced humans we would be if the church never existed?

Of course you don't see anything wrong with this. Atheism makes all things permissable.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Kali74

Stop with semantics and start speaking reason. I do not believe in "God" either but do know we know very little about DNA and the repercussions of playing with it. I have nothing against science, just for the record, but playing with some "things" is just wrong because we don't know how it works, completely.

Then how are we supposed to learn how something works? In order to gain unknown knowledge, one must take a risk.

Without risk, one would never get anywhere.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Saving this read! Should be interesting

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

But humans ARE animals. Your title is like saying that people are creating dogs that are both dogs and canines.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Siiiiiiigh.

Our species isn't ready for this sort of stuff yet.

This has the potential to go so, catastrophically wrong, and while I really want to say "finally!" I'm just dreading what's going to happen in twenty short years.
edit on 23/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kali74

I can't imagine it will be too much different than animal testing today, which I don't agree with largely... except I'm selfish and want to live. There's too much unknown about this type of research as of yet to form a strong ethical opinion of. I don't think it's going to result in hybrids though... think of GM Salmon.

So it's completely ethical to create an entirely new lifeform, part human, for the sole purpose of doing medical research? And this in a society that has the vapors if a chimpanzee gets tested for something?

Yes. And not only that, but these organisms are standard commercial products and a well established part of modern biomedical and generic research.

For example: www.jax.org...

A substantial number of contemporary biological therapeutics, in particular antibody based ones, were likely developed using these lab technologies in the research phase.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
originally posted by: Bigfatfurrytexan

P.S. Humans are animals...

I don't understand people that insult animals like this.

Incorrect. If I had said

"Animals are humans."

That....would have been an insult to animals!

edit on 30/5/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ah yes, I've committed a technical foul.
Crap !

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join