It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis compared ISIS to Jesus sending his disciples to all nations "the same idea of conquest"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I searched and searched at the time and came up empty. If you've seen something that I've missed, I'll be more than happy to recant on any specific issues.

Also, I used just one example of what I call his short-sightedness but to me, it seems to be a theme with him.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I'm guessing it's because he's Left.

ETA: In other words your opinion of the Pope has to do with politics and ideology, not God.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm guessing it's because he's Left.

ETA: In other words your opinion of the Pope has to do with politics and ideology, not God.

Thank you for telling me how I form my own opinion.

I find that a bit odd, considering you yourself didn't seem to counter my previous assertion.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Pope Francis compared ISIS to Jesus sending his disciples to all nations "the same idea of conquest"

Huh?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Google search

Thank you for telling me how I form my own opinion.

Am I wrong?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't feel like I can say anything bad about ISIS on ATS without the PC liberal patrol protecting them because they are muslim. Especially the LGBT community here is the U.S., they will protest You if You say anything negative about Islam, even though their middle eastern "family" members get their head cut off or thrown off a building for being gay.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Racist! Please, no free expression is allowed without prior approval.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Idiotic comparison, at best...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Reading the entire thing before forming a contrary viewpoint, would make it impossible to retain the dogmatic and divisive mindset. Who would honestly engage with such a thing, other than a heretic (someone who loves his fellow human beings well, rather than as a mere exercise of faith)?

Not much I can add to that

:-)

Except: Willful ignorance...it's seems to be out of control these days, and explains so much

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Thanks for that. I hadn't really thought about that particular issue for a while. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong on a particular issue. On this one, I'm actually glad that I was wrong. Still doesn't change my overall opinion of the guy, but thats another story.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Do you want the Pope to condemn St Augistine's, A.D. 354-430, "The Just War Doctrine"?

"But, say they, the wise man will wage just wars. As if he would not all the rather lament the necessity of just wars, if he remembers that he is a man; for if they were not just he would not wage them, and would therefore be delivered from all wars."

"They who have waged war in obedience to the divine command, or in conformity with His laws, have represented in their persons the public justice or the wisdom of government, and in this capacity have put to death wicked men; such persons have by no means violated the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill."

Or Thomas Aquinas?

First, just war must be waged by a properly instituted authority such as the state. (Proper Authority is first: represents the common good: which is peace for the sake of man's true end—God.) Second, war must occur for a good and just purpose rather than for self-gain (for example, "in the nation's interest" is not just) or as an exercise of power. (Just Cause: for the sake of restoring some good that has been denied. i.e., lost territory, lost goods, punishment for an evil perpetrated by a government, army, or even the civilian populace.) Third, peace must be a central motive even in the midst of violence.[15] (Right Intention: an authority must fight for the just reasons it has expressly claimed for declaring war in the first place. Soldiers must also fight for this intention.)

SOURCE

How about Pope Alexander VI 's Papal Bull, of 1493, "Discovery Doctrine", and the Catholic "Age of Discovery?"

The Bull stated that any land not inhabited by Christians was available to be “discovered,” claimed, and exploited by Christian rulers and declared that “the Catholic faith and the Christian religion be exalted and be everywhere increased and spread, that the health of souls be cared for and that barbarous nations be overthrown and brought to the faith itself.”
www.gilderlehrman.org...

edit on 19-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You live in delusion... ISIS doesn't equal Islam, maybe that's why you're confused. No one is going to defend ISIS but people will defend ignorant, blind hatred of an entire religion and one need not be LGBT to do so! Where are these legions of LGBT defenders of ISIS protesting anyway?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess he is trying to break some dogmas, which is actually good, but most of the times I cant shake the feeling, that he is putting a show.. Politically, he is left leaning, no doubt about it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You live in delusion... ISIS doesn't equal Islam, maybe that's why you're confused.

I always wonder about this

They seem to be a little over the top - almost like they materialized just to make sure people hate Muslims. Enough - and at the right time

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That's exactly what ISIS wants. If we (the west) do the dirty work of bombing and causing chaos for them, they can swoop in and crack the whips on the remaining impoverished, traumatized populace... it's all about power and greed for them, not Allah.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Every time he opens his mouth, he affirms that he cannot be trusted. His statement isn't even accurate from a Biblical sense, and it's clear he's got an agenda.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The Pope is a scholar. He is speaking in a scholarly way. He does not really think the disciples are like ISIS. Go back to school.

So, you claim he didn't mean what he said, offer no evidence, and state that the OP needs more education? Do you have anything of actual substance to add? Any facts to back your claims? Anything at all other than your negative statement? Anything other than a personal slur?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You live in delusion... ISIS doesn't equal Islam, maybe that's why you're confused. No one is going to defend ISIS but people will defend ignorant, blind hatred of an entire religion and one need not be LGBT to do so! Where are these legions of LGBT defenders of ISIS protesting anyway?

ISIS does equal Islam. What does ISIS stand for??? ISLAMIC STATE!!! It's not the Jewish state JISIS, or the Christian state CISIS. It's the ISLAMIC state, ISIS. And all they are doing is practicing what their holy book says. Not all people who are Muslims would do the things ISIS is doing. But a good majority of them hold the same beliefs they hold, they are all based on the Koran and the Islamic culture of the Middle East. Wake up people, this isn't high school, not all cultures or religions are equal. Some societies are better then others.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Every time he opens his mouth, he affirms that he cannot be trusted. His statement isn't even accurate from a Biblical sense, and it's clear he's got an agenda.

Exactly! The pope is evil to the core. He's not a Christian. The man went and kissed the feet of Muslims!!! Christians aren't supposed to bow to anyone but God, let alone kiss a heathen's feet!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The false prophet/profit comes to mind

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join