It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

In this model aircraft? Absolutely not.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

It is if there was an IED detonated onboard.

And for COMMS to fail simultaneously, so as not even a word came out of that cabin during massive swerving ?

Thats what I would call "catastrophic".

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Has anyone resolved whether the aircraft in question to be either an A320 or a 737? just trying to sort this out..
sorry for those aboard.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Everything I've seen says it's an A320

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

This is from Daily Mirror so dont know how much truth is in it but there are reports that Greek Merchant Navy had seen flame in the sky and that official in France stated this was alost certainly caused by a brutal attack and probably a terrorist attack.

edit on 19-5-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
earlier in the thread I postulated a terror attack. I'm gonna go with that...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Still want to remind, that in France, they are saying it has crashed, but they have not announced finding any debris, and one major media outlet has claimed that the only info of this plane crashing came from an anonymous tip from within the Greek civil aviation. So at the moment the crash is only based on eye witnesses and an anonymous tip...
This plane has been declared crashed without finding any debris.
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Certainly sounding similar to Russian plane bought down a few months ago. Telegraph has live update here . Seems Aviation Experts suspect terror attack and British MP is questioning whether it be connected to some French workers having employment at airport withdrawn due to links with Islamic terrorism.a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

www.telegraph.co.uk...-20160519-1311

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Certainly sounding similar to Russian plane bought down a few months ago. Telegraph has live update here . Seems Aviation Experts suspect terror attack and British MP is questioning whether it be connected to some French workers having employment at airport withdrawn due to links with Islamic terrorism.a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

www.telegraph.co.uk...-20160519-1311

God. This whole thing is fubar if that's true

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MythMaster

Thanks. Earlier in the thread there are conflicting accounts.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
LeMonde has put up a short but interesting Q&A :

French :

www.lemonde.fr...

Google translation :

here
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
a reply to: MythMaster

Thanks. Earlier in the thread there are conflicting accounts.

Yes the plane was said to be a 737-800 initially, but that information was incorrect and corrected with an A320

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So, as far as we can tell it has been declared a crash without formal identification of a crash or any debris, the plane went off the radar and a few eye witnesses saw a flame in the sky. 3 of the crew are rumored to be security personnel. More annoyingly it has taken a fleet of boats, choppers and military personnel all this time to come up with nothing given the area is pretty localised. I would have thought locating the wreckage (if any) would have been a little easier given the scenario.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

THE Greek defence minister has given a dramatic insight into the final recorded moments of EgyptAir flight MS804, saying the plane carrying 66 people “swerved and then plunged” before turning 360 degrees.
Panos Kammenos said the aircraft was cruising inside Egyptian airspace at an altitude of 37,000 feet when it made a series of sudden movements.
“It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360 degree turn toward the right, dropping from 38,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet,” he said.

Link

edit on 19/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Egypt Aviation Minister said it is more likely a terror attack than mechanical failure.

The A320 dropped 20000 ft rapidly before contact was lost and made two tight turns mid air. (possibly spiralling). No contact from the pilot.
Russia calling this a terror attack also (not sure if they are speculating or have some information).

The aircraft also made several stops en route to Paris before the flight back to Egypt - these stops included areas with less sophisticated airport security (like Eritrea).
edit on 19/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

I tend to agree with your assessment. But as zaphod said earlier... if it was high in altitude things get scattered far and wide, translating to a lot of debris and a great distance in between pieces. And only stuff that floats can be discovered at this point. It is soon to be night in that area, making discovery of debris much more difficult. But it does seem something nefarious is afoot.

ETA. Me thinks any theory suggesting that the flight was hijacked and still intact(still missing, but not crashed), due to disabling comms AND tracking equipment and other employed technology to "steal" the plane is off the list of possibilities at this point.
edit on 5/19/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

And from posts below... it seems debris was found while my last edit... it's not missing anymore.
edit on 5/19/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
BREAKING just now on Reuters debris found and some bodies. Thoughts and prayers to loved ones and if this is a terrorist attack hope the perpetrators rot in hell eventually!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
check out my interview this morning live on Russia Today (RT):

www.youtube.com...

What if the plane did vanish like MH370?????

link   

Debris has been found in the search for the EgyptAir plane that crashed into the Mediterranean Sea with 66 people on board after the jet went into a sudden spin and plunged 22,000ft before vanishing off the radar.

DEBRIS FOUND

Source

link   
a reply to: WeSbO

...2 h 37: The unit makes two sharp turns (90 ° to the left and 360 ° to the right) and fall of 22,000 feet by the Minister of Defense Greek....

if the pilots had their throats slashed by a pair of Jihadi hijackers...
I imagine the sharp turns would be the result of slumping, dead bodies no longer operating the controls

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join