It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just saw that, at the Guardian

Emergency beacon 'detected at 4.26am' EgyptAir says that the plane’s emergency devices (possibly an emergency locator transmitter or beacon) sent a distress signal that was received at 4.26am, some two hours after the previously stated last radar contact.

So, does that mean they know where the plane is?
edit on 5/19/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here's another website that's posting real-time updates from multiple sources...

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine
Is there a way for hijackers to cut off the communication, or stop a transmitter from sending its location? I'm not familiar with the devices involved.

All of these missing planes in the modern age boggle my mind. Poor passengers, just going home or on vacation...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

All aircraft that crash are missing. They know it went down, based on the evidence, but until they find the wreckage it's missing.

They could turn off the ADS-B, and the radios, but they'd still show up on primary radar systems, so there would still be a trace of them.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Olivine
The report is that was an hour and a half after they went missing, so if it's accurate, it was probably an ELT.

Funny if that turns out to be the ELT, since both commentators on CNN were saying how "unreliable" ELT's are. I've done ELT hunts (granted, on ground and back in the 70's and 80's) and it seemed a relatively simple and reliable technology to me. but I guess if the plane was underwater there would be a good chance the ELTs could be submerged as well, or just if a plane hit ground they might just be utterly destroyed on impact.

""Semper Vigilans""
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

They can be unreliable, depending on the type of crash. They're pretty bulletproof, but in a hard impact they can be damaged, and won't transmit. The biggest problem we had with them was them firing off on the ramp.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I just hope it wasn't Terrorists.

The whole Paris/Cairo thing makes me second guess.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Just as likely to be bad hover-boards at this point. Just way too early to know the cause.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

Just as likely to be bad hover-boards at this point. Just way too early to know the cause.

True, I just have gotten a knee jerk to everything going on over there.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Egyptian officials are officially saying it's crashed. No wreckage has been found yet, but officials are saying it's down based on the ELT ping received two hours after it was missing.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's another website that's posting real-time updates from multiple sources...

www.breakingnews.com...

Adding it to me list (of live update pages):

The Mirror: www.mirror.co.uk...
The Guardian: www.theguardian.com...

PS: I am out for the night, I am sure others will continue to update thread.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Searching 130 Miles south off the island of Karpathos after reports of ball of fire in sky..
edit on 19 5 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Egyptian aviation officials say an EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo with 66 passengers and crew on board has crashed.

The officials say the search is now underway for the debris. They say the “possibility that the plane crashed has been confirmed,” as the plane hasn’t landed in any of the nearby airports.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the press.

Ahram, Egypt’s state-run newspaper, quoted an airport official as saying that the pilot had not sent a distress signal before the plane disappeared early Thursday. The last contact with the plane was 10 minutes before it vanished, he was quoted as saying.

www.washingtonpost.com... 7d_story.html

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
This is exactly what I mean, thank you. I figured it would still show to ground based radar facilities even if its active transmitters could be shut off, and if that radar cannot locate it... seems like a crash is most likely.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Maybe that's why this potential crash has its own ATS thread? According to: www.planecrashinfo.com... there have been more than a couple of significant crashes, in just the past 10 months.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Maybe that's why this potential crash has its own ATS thread? According to: www.planecrashinfo.com... there have been more than a couple of significant crashes, in just the past 10 months.

It is because they cannot find the plane, up to this moment and it has been hours. Not because of where it came from or where it was going to.
edit on 19-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I did see on the map a few hours ago that it would have crashed near a few different countries and a couple of large islands. I still wonder why it is not yet found.
edit on 19-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And you'll find that a number of those have their own threads on ATS.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Like I said, it depends on the debris field. If it scattered over a wide area, and there were a lot of heavy pieces it can be harder to find, because all the light debris would be scattered over a huge area. And it's hard to spot small, light debris from the air.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The fireball was seen from the island of Karpathos, that is about 120 -140 miles from the spot in Egyptian airspace where radar contact was lost. Could the fireball from the crash be seen from that far away?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

And you'll find that a number of those have their own threads on ATS.

I remember the thread where the jet circled for 2 hours due to heavy rain/fog, then flew into the runway at a steep angle and exploded. Think that was Russia? That video was emotionally difficult to watch... just like the planes flying into the World Trade Center towers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join