It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Interesting, the NYT is reporting ( link ) that it was the Greek's air-traffic-control that reported to the Egyptians that it dropped-off radar.

Ooops, just noticed that was already posted earlier.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Greek officials are investigating reports that people saw a fireball.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Greek officials are investigating reports that people saw a fireball.

You have a source for that? I can not find anything online about that allegation.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Watching CNN. Apparently this thing is still missing?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

It's only been a couple of hours, and the sun hasn't been up long.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Apparently, the French are going to have a press-conference on their-end about this in about a half-hour: Source.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

twitter.com...

I see on that Twitter feed people asking her for a Source also. Might be somebody commented to her off the record. We shall see.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Expert on CNN says that it 'appears' like some event that stopped the plane in mid 'cruise' flight, no descent profile, signal was lost abruptly.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Mid-air explosion is the only thing that currently makes sense. Even a failure of the aft bulkhead should have given them time to radio a distress call, or shown them in a descent.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Mid-air explosion is the only thing that currently makes sense. Even a failure of the aft bulkhead should have given them time to radio a distress call, or shown them in a descent.

I agree, but it just seemed like somebody on Twitter posting stuff with no source to back it up. Didn't mean to imply any intent to mislead on your part.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Expert on CNN says that it 'appears' like some event that stopped the plane in mid 'cruise' flight, no descent profile, signal was lost abruptly.

Yep, that's MSM-speak for "We don't know anything really yet."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Strange. That area of the eastern Mediterranean seems devoid of marine traffic. Granted, I just took this real-time screenshot from www.vesselfinder.com... and the plane went missing 5 hours ago.

I was hoping it was possible some ship saw something. Although, this doesn't show naval craft...I'm sure there are a few in the region.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't remember anybody mentioning this before on TV, apparently there was contact with the air-crew as recent as 10 minutes before they lost it on radar.

The missing flight made radio contact 10 minutes before it disappeared from radar

Source (Mirror.co.UK)

Waiting to see if that is validated from another source (i.e. some official Egyptian or Greek source).

EDIT: maybe I am mis-equivocating "radio contact" with specifically voice-contact with the flight-crew. It might just be data-link updates.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Greek controllers reportedly said that the pilot didn't report any issues when he spoke to them.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sky just said Egyptian military had some comms with the plane..

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine
NIce addtional detail, STAR.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Greek Merchant Navy reported seeing a "flame in the sky" over the Mediterranean.

Greece said it had deployed air assets and a frigate to an area in the southern Mediterranean where the aircraft dropped off radar.

A defence ministry source said authorities were also investigating an account from the captain of a merchant ship who reported a “flame in the sky” some 130 nautical miles south of the island of Karpathos.

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 5/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Sky News via the twitter, says:

Egyptian military unit received distress signal from #EgyptAir #MS804

Hmmm, more and more curious.

I truly hope the passengers and crew felt no fear, and no pain. Sad

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

The report is that was an hour and a half after they went missing, so if it's accurate, it was probably an ELT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join