It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Egypt has said they don't think that they have the capability to operate in water this deep, and have received offers from the US, France, Russia, Britain and others to assist with deep diving capabilities, and other recovery capabilities.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Gawd (shudder), I can't think of a single thing flying which causes a higher pucker-factor than a cracked windscreen!

Not a single one!

You're sitting there, you don't know if it's going to blow, but you can see it...and you can't do a damn thing about it! Uggggghhhh!!! That's a gift that keeps on giving...all...the...way...to the...ground (if you're lucky enough).

Just a terrible, awful, miserable, pray it never happens EVER again, experience/thought!

I truly hope that's not what happened. What an awful way to go!!

edit on 5/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dont know how much truth but Express reporting ISIS preparing statement to be released imminently. Some think may be connected with flight www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

If they do, it's interesting that they waited this long, considering they claimed the MetroJet the same day. And pretty much every other event they've claimed has been within 24 hours.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's a very good point Zaphod.

Although, one thing that occurred to me is the possibility that if this is a terrorist attack, it may be that the perpetrators were not directly affiliated with IS however they were inspired by IS (like San Bernardino). It could be that IS is just double checking on their end that the attack was inspired by them and that could be the reason for the delay.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

True, but you'd expect someone to have come out and claimed this by now. Either ISIS or someone else. This would be huge bragging rights for some group, if they were able to put a device on a plane in Paris.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This would be huge bragging rights for some group, if they were able to put a device on a plane in Paris.

So true. I think it's important to point out that so far Daesh has not claimed responsibility for any attack that wasn't theirs.

If they get caught with their pants down on this one, and it turns out they claim responsibility for something they didn't do it will be unprecedented. And probably bad PR for them. So we will see.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm going to go ahead and speculate that if this is a terrorist attack that it was an inside job within the Paris airport. AKA the French equivalent of TSA was infiltrated by IS inspired affiliates.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

One of the things I learned from working at the airport is that if a terrorist group wants to get something on a plane, there's very little we can do to stop them. They can throw massive amounts of money at people that don't make much, and get them to put something on the plane, without even having to infiltrate anything. When you have people making barely more than minimum wage, and someone offers them $25-50,000 to put a package on a plane you'd be surprised how many people would do it. And then keep quiet about it, because if they admit it they're going to go to jail.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That's a terrifying thought. If true, it makes you wonder why this hasn't happened in the states, yet.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
True terrorism isn't about bragging rights, it's about fear and disruption.

Terror groups like ISIS and al Qaeda don't need to one up each other. It's not like there's a prize. No one took responsibility for the 9/11 attacks right away and that was the biggest terrorist attack in the history of mankind. In fact, OBL didn't come forward about them until 3 years later, and then only indirectly.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's a terrifying thought. If true, it makes you wonder why this hasn't happened in the states, yet.

WHAT??????

What the heck do you think 9-11 was??????

Surely you didn't mean that!!!

edit on 5/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And yet, in the case of 9/11 we all knew it was Bin Laden pretty quickly. The CIA had been warning GWBush repeatedly before the attack that Bin Laden was planning something big.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

WHAT?????

What do you think 9-11 was??????

Surely you didn't mean that!!!

I should have specified that I was referring to post 9/11 and only IS affiliated attacks.

Sorry, lol.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The entire World was conditioned to believe there was only one terrorist on the face of the Earth at that time, and it was OBL. They "knew" it was OBL because they WANTED it to be OBL, beyond this they knew nothing (initially).

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What about the shoe bomber?

What about the underpants bomber (at DTW)

C'mon!

BUT...the illustrious TSA didn't catch any of them!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
When you have people making barely more than minimum wage, and someone offers them $25-50,000 to put a package on a plane you'd be surprised how many people would do it.

Too true. Not sure how many low paid folk would do it if they knew it was going to take down a plane but many would do it if it was said to them it's a couple of pounds of coke or something similar just to top up the wages. That probably happens hundreds of times a year being honest and realistic about it.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There's actually a TON of data showing the CIA's concern for a Bin Laden inspired attack that goes all the way back to the Clinton administration. Right before Clinton left office he finally authorized a strike on what was then believed to be Bin Laden's hide out.

That plan was cancelled after GWBush came into office. And after repeated warnings from the CIA, GWBush stated that he would only authorize an attack if there would be no collateral damage (which is like near impossible when you think about it).

I have my reasons to believe that 9/11 was allowed to happen by the Bush administration for the sake of justifying an Iraqi invasion. But who can really say so with certainty?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Both boarded outside the US, where the TSA wasn't. Not that I trust the TSA, or think they're worth crap, but at least blame them for things they do, instead of things they didn't have a role in.
edit on 5/21/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm not suggesting for a moment OBL wasn't a bad guy. No doubt he was. And you're correct, there was tons of data supporting this.

All I'm saying is the world was fixated on OBL as being the guy who caused 9/11 without any concrete proof initially.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join