It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Getting Into a PDF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
Just a shot in the dark for you.

Upload it to zamzar.com BLT and try converting it to document. Give a valid email as they will send you a download link, probably in a few minutes, if they are able to convert it. It is free, by the way, and has a 50MB limit.

That might at least give you access to the text inside. I think I have done that before, but can't remember - old age and senility have already set in.

If you don't feel like giving your actual email, you could try a temporary site like www.mailinator.com. Don't know if they have limits on attachments but I use them a lot when testing out my web applications. For example, you could send it to dhdhdhdhshshjsjwjsjs AT mailinator.com, go to the website and enter the address you used, and wait for the mail to arrive.

Just make sure to use something completely random before AT mailinator.com as its publicly accessible - but at least you protect yourself from any email leak.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

Yes, that option is detailed in the wikihow link posted earlier and is a great source.

OP - maybe work your way through the options in there one by one, if my suggestion fails.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
Just a shot in the dark for you.

Upload it to zamzar.com BLT and try converting it to document. Give a valid email as they will send you a download link, probably in a few minutes, if they are able to convert it. It is free, by the way, and has a 50MB limit.

That might at least give you access to the text inside. I think I have done that before, but can't remember - old age and senility have already set in.

Sorry, but that site is unsecure, so I'm not risking it there. But, thanks for trying to help.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

i also use guerrillamail for the same purpose.

a reply to: sled735

You mean it is not https? I have never had any problems with that site and used it many times, but I can understand if you do not want to trust it. Using a spurious email as youcanttellthepeople said, might make you feel safer, your call.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.
A tech friend of mine opened it for me.

Life is good once again.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks!
edit on 17-4-2019 by Gisen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join