It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-52 crash on Guam-May 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I can imagine the AMARG base commander as some sort of used-car salesman "what's it gonna take for me to put THIS plane on YOUR flightline today..."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

saw this video.

it's from far away but you can see a bunch of smoke

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The 36th Wing Commander said that the quick thinking of the crew averted a bigger disaster, but didn't say much more than that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
hope it wasnt 0057, that was the first bird I crewed...

Glad the crew got out ok, breaks my heart to see one of the grand old dames burning.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's actually news to me that you can eject from it. I assume that's only for the pilots. The others would be f*cked. Same with the Vulcan .

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

All crew members on the B-52 have ejection seats.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

yea... they eject downward for the nav and bomb nav, and if there is a crew chief on board he has to wait throw a tool box out the bottom of the plane and hope it clears the antenna before jumping.

Pilot, Co-pilot, and EW eject upwards... and any extra O usually rode in the old gunner ejection seat... and yes if they ejected out of sequence the escape hatch for the pilot or Co would kill the EW, or gunner seat occupant.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

All crew members on the B-52 have ejection seats.

I stand corrected. Thanks zaphod

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

yea... they eject downward for the nav and bomb nav, and if there is a crew chief on board he has to wait throw a tool box out the bottom of the plane and hope it clears the antenna before jumping.

Pilot, Co-pilot, and EW eject upwards... and any extra O usually rode in the old gunner ejection seat... and yes if they ejected out of sequence the escape hatch for the pilot or Co would kill the EW, or gunner seat occupant.

Fascinating. Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Asked around today, no one is really releasing any information, pretty tight lipped, which is normal for an incident such as this. If I get anything that isn't covered here I will pass it along.

I have to tread carefully with any information I gather and ensure it is releasable.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

Of course, we all understand that and are used to it. If you can get us anything that will be great, if not, we'll dig it up as it comes out. We appreciate your trying to find out anything for us.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Close, but it wasn't. It was 0047.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Baldryck

Of course, we all understand that and are used to it. If you can get us anything that will be great, if not, we'll dig it up as it comes out. We appreciate your trying to find out anything for us.

Baldryck: Thanks for trying

Zaphod58 : were you in the armed forces then? Or you just know people? Why am I under the impression you are a trucker?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Because I am. I grew up working on Air Force planes for almost 30 years, but now am a truck driver.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hope you to truck and post here at the same time !!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Afternoon avgeeks I want to ask a question about the b2 but didn't want to bother people by messaging people so thought I'd jump on this thread and quickly ask. I'm lead to believe the b2 has a crew of two. When I was watching a HD vid of a b2 refuelling I noticed on top there are the markings for the pilot and co pilots as to where they eject from the aircraft.

Looking at the picture you can clearly see the markings on the fuselage as to wear the crew would eject out of the plane but slightly further back is another marked area which looks like an ejector seat (I hope that makes sense)

Here's the pic I'm looking at

Can anyone shed any light for me ?

The markings are to left and in front of the refuelling inlet
edit on 21-5-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

There are only two ejection seats, and two crew members.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Since the B-2 crews would normally enter the cockpit through the belly of the aircraft, I'm guessing that is an emergency exit to get out of the cockpit in the event of a belly landing without punching the ejection seats.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I believe I read somewhere that on some missions they do bring along a third crew member. I'm not 100% sure about that though, and there appears to be only two ejection ports

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join