It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man to buy Boeing and skyscraper to recreate 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Paul Salo intends to purchase an airplane and a skyscraper to recreate the act of terror which happened 15 years ago. He will buy a Boeing 747 with a black box on board, fuel it and direct at an abandoned building. The businessman is ready to spend 1.5m dollars. The show will pay for itself in case he manages to sell the tickets. A seat in the first row will cost 5,000 dollars.

This could finally straighten the minds of the skeptics.
Sincerely I believe this 'show' will never happen even if he did get all the money raised to pull this off.

But hell yeah why not, people and there stupid occupations never fail to amaze me and it's not uncommon to recreate a crime scene.
Reality TV FTW right?!

link 1
link 2
link 3

edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: links added

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

1.5 million for a 747 and a skyscraper? Bit optimistic, ain't it?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If it will be an apples for apples test, the 'abandoned building' needs to be an abandoned World Trade Center tower copy.

As far as I know, those two buildings were 'one off' and you might have a bit of trouble finding one.... abandoned and sitting somewhere that flying a Boeing 747 won't cause a bit of a problem. Most skyscrapers tend to be located in an urban setting.

Hell, I can't burn trash in a barrel in my backyard in the suburbs because of fire hazards, but this guy thinks he can fly a fuel laden 747 into a skyscraper without an issue?

Oh, and Veterans Today posts a lot of hoax stories.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Is it going to be constructed the same? Furnished the same? Suffer the same damage? So many variables make this a waste of money and nothing even resembling science.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The man is an idiot to think he could even find the plane for that much. He's short by a few hundred mill... 247wallst.com...

He also needs to buy an "abandoned" skyscraper that fits his model, all this for $1.5 million?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with that act of terrorism.

It is just milking the cow until it is a dead horse to make some dough on it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well it's the guy himself saying this, has little to do with the newspaper i believe.
www.thesun.co.uk...

But indeed, a perfect recreation will never be possible. Let the guy have his fun.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well if he wants to recreate it accurately, it would help if he bought the right plane. But if he thinks it's going to be flyable for that low, he's in for a little schooling.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
He needs mental help !

How much are tickets for the cockpit ?
Pfft !

link   
a reply to: SlowNail

The cheapest 747 on this site is just under 2Million.
www.controller.com...

By his opinion he's already got some deals with the military on aircraft and building.
Not here to defend this guy, but you have to admit it's funny no.
Didn't know which forum to post so mods feel free to move this to the "jokes, puns and pranks" forum
edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FamCore

You can get some from storage that low, but they're not airworthy, and would take 4-5 times that much at least to get them barely airworthy.

link   
Here is a link to one of Gordon Duff's stories on Veterans Today:
Veterans Today

This last week, reports of Chinese naval vessels off the US coast, Northern Californian in particular, have been reported but denied. Now an Asian intelligence agency reports that a combined fleet operation between the US and China has been going on, a full combat operation against what we are told is a “highly unfriendly extra-terrestrial threat.” The verifications of the fleet operations have been many, there have been no confirmations from the US side though the ships have been seen by every vessel that makes it offshore. The true nature of both the threat and the extent of the multinational military force used is beyond any imaginable classification level.

See that?
China and the US are fighting aliens in the Pacific!

Read Veterans Today with a grain of salt.

link   
What a stupid stupid idea. There is something wrong with this dude.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

Well it's the guy himself saying this, has little to do with the newspaper i believe.
www.thesun.co.uk...

But indeed, a perfect recreation will never be possible. Let the guy have his fun.

A lot of people give The Sun as little credibility as Veterans Today.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Too bad they weren't 747s that were used, so this becomes an apples and oranges comparison, even if he can get an airworthy aircraft that cheap.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Finally a rich person with balls.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

There are multiple sources with the same story, it's not about the news source posting hoaxes.
metro.co.uk...
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... b01359f687637d

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The aforementioned are good points. I'd also add this question: How would anyone know it wasn't a controlled opposition scheme and the skyscraper wouldn't have planted explosives?

If he managed to purchase a plane and a building, then I would be skeptical for that reason alone.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

yep, same thoughts here.

So it would only cause more confusion i guess.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

For this to have any degree of legitimacy the tower would need to be reconstructed using the exact same materials as per original and the plane would need to be a 767 not a 747.

Good luck, not sure what he's attempting to achieve to be honest, if he wants to recreate it correctly he'd build 3 towers and buy 2 planes and see if he can get all 3 to collapse on the first go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join