It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign trade zones in America, foreigners own America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Again, not law enforcement. They were training against other military units.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
a reply to: Phage

Supposedly three guys were arrested

Care to show their court cases?

although I'll admit they had weapons and were fabricating bombs.

What is wrong with the police arresting people with bombs and making bombs/?

The other viewpoint is that they feel like a revolution is coming.

Who is "they" and why do they think that?

Jade Helm 15, as the exercise is called, will run through Sept. 15 and will involve unconventional warfare involving Army special operators, as well as representatives from the other services.

As we saw, it was just a training exercise, nothing to do at all with law enforcement!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I didn't get far in my enlistment I'll admit but I'm also not attached to the government like you would be.

A lot of military guys succumb to mere-exposure effect.

The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I was nearly drafted, but for the luck of the draw.
Didn't want to be.

I don't suppose you've ever been in that position.

edit on 5/19/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Again, not law enforcement. They were training against other military units.

They were training against other military units on American/civillian soil?

Do you see it's a conditioning exercise? That there might not only be a civil war but also invasion of foreign countries?

edit on 19-5-2016 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I was nearly drafted, but for the luck of the draw.
Didn't want to be.

I don't suppose you've ever been in that position.

What does that have to do with anything?

I think conscription is one of the worst things possible for a person to go through and all the Vietnam guys I feel sorry for.

Today's military is all voluntarily but there may be a conscription in the near future.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

What does that have to do with anything?

This:

Today's military is all voluntarily but there may be a conscription in the near future.
Why?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I'm not attached to the government, I simply understand that the military needs to train, and that there is nothing that prevents them from training in cities and outside the military base.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

And how are the foreign countries going to get here? No one else has the ability to move large numbers of troops to invade the US mainland.

Jade Helm was about training Special Operations troops to blend in with the environment, and non-Special Operations troops to find them.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
They were training against other military units on American/civillian soil?

Yes, it happens all the time.

Do you see it's a conditioning exercise?

For the troops to train in different areas.... good training!
edit on 19-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Care to show their court cases?

If I have access to finding court cases then sure, let me try to find it.

What is wrong with the police arresting people with bombs and making bombs/?

I wasn't justifying it. The preppers were doing it because they believed a revolution was about to happen. This was obviously an extreme case of prepping.

Who is "they" and why do they think that?

They as in the three people supposedly arrested. And many people think like this. You're either on the government side and think everyone is a terrorist or you're a civillian that thinks big government is about to take over.

Jade Helm 15, as the exercise is called, will run through Sept. 15 and will involve unconventional warfare involving Army special operators, as well as representatives from the other services.

As we saw, it was just a training exercise, nothing to do at all with law enforcement!

I'm not speaking about law enforcement (police). I'm talking about the fact that over 1,000 special operation members were training on civillian property. (edit: not units)

You can disagree with me all you want but military bases are usually where most of the training occurs.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If I have access to finding court cases then sure let me try to find it.

Public information.

I'm talking about the fact that over 1,000 special operation units were training on civillian property.
Why do you say they were special operations units?

You can disagree with me all you want but military bases are usually where most of the training occurs.
Does that mean it can't be done elsewhere? Why?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Over 1,000 troops in the field doesn't violate any law. Yes, military areas are where most training occurs, but there are no legal requirements that training has to occur in military areas. They can train anywhere they want, as long as it's coordinated with local authorities.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Why do you say they were special operations units?

Because they were. Even Russian spec ops.

The joint exercise in realistic military training (RMT) known as Jade Helm 15[2] was sponsored by the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM or SOCOM)[3] and involved the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) with other U.S Armed Forces units in multiple states, including Texas, Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Utah. Its stated purpose was "to improve the Special Operations Forces' capability as part of the National Security Strategy."[3] It was coordinated and led from Eglin Air Force Base, an Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) base in northwest Florida.[4]

Approximately 1,200 troops were engaged over the course of the exercise.[4] They were "mainly Army Green Berets, but also a small group of Navy SEALS and Air Force special operations troops as well as conventional Army infantry,"[5]although the initial request to state officials from USSOCOM listed as participants elements of the United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC), Marine expeditionary units, the 82nd Airborne Division and "interagency partners."[

Does that mean it can't be done elsewhere? Why?

Yes, you can train off base but it's never been done like this. I used to do PT off base but in civillian apparel and usually by myself. I couldn't carry weapons and wearing BDUs/utility uniforms in public was frowned on in some cases.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Over 1,000 troops in the field doesn't violate any law. Yes, military areas are where most training occurs, but there are no legal requirements that training has to occur in military areas. They can train anywhere they want, as long as it's coordinated with local authorities.

But why do you think they're coordinating the training exercises in public? Doesn't that raise any red flags? Especially when spec op guys are usually low profile?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Foreign troops have trained in the US since the end of WWII. Even Russian troops. There are permanent training detachments from the Netherlands, Germany, Singapore, and others.

Just because you never trained off base doesn't mean it hasn't happened or that it's illegal.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Don't you think that it's a good thing that they learn how to blend in? It's usually a good thing when your troops know what they're doing. Then when or if you need them, they're ready instead of having to take months learning how to do things right.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Foreign troops have trained in the US since the end of WWII. Even Russian troops. There are permanent training detachments from the Netherlands, Germany, Singapore, and others.

Just because you never trained off base doesn't mean it hasn't happened or that it's illegal.

I will give you that but I still think something is about to go down.

And the other countries are conglomerating into big government. I think there's moles all over the military.

Then again a one world government may not exactly be a bad idea.

Civilization starts out as packs, then tribes, then villages, towns, then cities, states, countries, and then finally the world becomes a globally connected entity.

No more imperialist nation vs imperialist nation.

There might be some good out of this.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Don't you think that it's a good thing that they learn how to blend in? It's usually a good thing when your troops know what they're doing. Then when or if you need them, they're ready instead of having to take months learning how to do things right.

Yeah, I'm already aware a lot of spec op guys disguise themselves as other civillians. There's a saying I heard once, "Green Berets are not trained to kill, they're trained to survive an environment."

Military stresses the concept of adapting to one's environment.

If you're in an area of high blood gang activity for example you don't want to wear colors that might set them off.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And you learn to do that by going out into an environment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join