It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly reminder: The U.S. is a REPRESENTATIVE Democracy, NOT a direct democracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Friendly reminder.

This country is not a 'democracy'.

IT's not an 'oligarchy'.

It's an effing KLEPTOCRACY.

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Greek: κλέπτης - kleptēs, "thief"[1] and κράτος - kratos, "power, rule",[2] hence "rule by thieves") is a term applied to a government seen as having a particularly severe and systemic problem with officials or a ruling class (collectively, kleptocrats) taking advantage of corruption to extend their personal wealth and political power. Typically this system involves the embezzlement of state funds at the expense of the wider population, sometimes without even the pretense of honest service.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yall can try to argue that.

But get real.

The only people 'represented' in this country are those shills on capital hill.

True story.

Also a true story we are suppose to be a constitutional republic where basically the minority gets to flip the middle finger to the mob, and say 'YOU shall not pass.'.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'd call it a plutocratic kleptocratic oligarchy.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You forgot corporatocracy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Also a true story we are suppose to be a constitutional republic where basically the minority gets to flip the middle finger to the mob, and say 'YOU shall not pass.'.

This is only true if the law is on the side of the minority.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Azureblue

Not a chance do I trust the average person to know better especially when 60% of our country thinks the world is 6,000 years old.

Yes I do agree you have that problem in the US and if you have it then we will have it here to soon.

I reckon that problem is actually deliberately engendered through a combo of the school system that dumbs kids down, the media that manipulates them into thinking only about superficial issues (not the affairs of state) and probably a few other things.

a few years ago now I noticed a sudden change in behavior of males in US sit coms and so on. They began to get blokes to hug each other like women do. At that time I had fly with my work once a month. about 2 months after this behaviour change by males on TV, 1 guess for what I began to notice at the airport when all the blokes said goodbye to their mates and went to catch their own flights off their mines.

If its that easy to engineer social change and manipulate human behaviour, I dont see it as a too difficult a task to do similar things with the mind, lead them away to a place where they want them by distracting them with topics of no consequence.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Actually, we are a Constitutional Representative Republic.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join