It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cape Canaveral Visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So I decided I can't let Zaphod have all the fun, I had to steal some of his thunder with my vacation pictures from over the weekend.
I wish I could have taken better pictures but all I had available was my smart phone. The rocket on the back of the truck is the latest Falcon 9 that succesfully landed. It was being brought off the barge and transported back for inspection that morning, and not 10 minutes after the tour began we drove by it. Bonus pic is included with a nice hanger decal.

P.S. The one picture that ATS absouletly refused to allow be uploaded for some reason was an exact copy of the plaque Zaph posted commemorating the lost C-130 in Kenya.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Great pics! I spent an afternoon there a few years ago and enjoyed it immensely. I remember as a kid going to WDC and seeing a Mercury Space Capsule on display. I remember then, thinking how terrified I would have been being in that tiny little cramped capsule, alone in space. When I went to Canaveral and stood at that capsule (in your 3rd pic) at 50 years old, I felt those same feelings. Thanks for post!

join