It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Everywhere you look these days you see trans this, trans that. It's getting annoying. Trans people are such a minority and they are being over-represented in all forms of media. I'm for equal rights - everyone should be treated as an equal and have the same rights, but this is strange and different and I don't understand the logic behind it.

It seems everyone is so focused on accepting trans people (which is fine and I agree with) but nobody has been talking about curing this illness. It is almost seeming to be like a new cult or religion (just like SJW's and feminists are a cult).
I wonder how many people are being brainwashed into identifying as a trans person because they're a guy and they like the color pink. Well, all that means is that they are a guy who likes the color pink, not that they are a girl trapped in a guys body. I like pink and I'm a guy.

Just so you know, I have no problem with trans people. I'm Atheist and despise religion. As time goes on however this trans thing is seeming more and more like a religion or cult and that is why I am somewhat concerned about it.

I don't have a problem with trans people but trans people seem to have a problem with trans people.

This has to be a mental illness and I haven't heard anyone talk about finding a cure for these folks.

Why do I say it's a mental illness?
I say so because it is either physical or mental, and since it's in their heads it must be mental. They change their bodies to match what their minds are feeling. There is nothing wrong with a mental illness, I have one in fact, an anxiety problem. It's in the brain, therefore classified as a mental illness. I say illness because it negatively affects their lives in some way, example - having to change sexes in order to feel normal.

Why do I think it needs a cure?
Because trans people say they have a problem and go through expensive, dangerous and sometimes deadly medical procedures over years or decades to try and fix their problem. That sucks. That's brutal, who would actually want to experience that? I don't think anyone. A woman going male has a much increased chance of getting ovarian cancer for example. Don't you wish you were instead just born male or female? There would be no issues. You would never have to change anything and you'd live your whole life as the correct gender or sex.

What would the cure be?
The cure would be finding a way of detecting which people would become trans and go through these procedures. You would have to have a way of detecting very early which fetuses would grow into adults who would be known as trans, and genetically switch them while they are a fetus, before they are even born. This way they would never be trans, they would by default be the actual sex / gender they in their adult life would identify as. This would totally make trans obsolete, it would never be a thing, therefore never a problem for anyone.

I would think that any trans person out there given the option would choose to be born in their real actual gender or sex rather than risk their lives and bankruptcy trying to "fix" their bodies with medicine and dangerous operations. Am I wrong? I doubt it.
A male who switches to female will never have a real female body. They will never have a uterus or ovaries, or be able to have children as a woman. They will never be able to breastfeed etc etc. They will never have a real female orgasm. Why not just be born as a female instead of going through all the pain and heartache? Wouldn't they have a much happier and better life being born as the sex they want and growing up as that? Wouldn't they rather have real genitals of the sex they feel they are, instead of a butchered penis reversed into a fake vagina?

In the natural world, being straight is normal. Being gay is normal. Being asexual is normal. Being hermaphrodite is normal, but I have never heard of a trans animal before though. This is why I think this is a mental illness of humans and not something natural.

In nature there are animals who switch sex but that is for reproducing and multiplying etc. It's not done because a female dog feels like a male dog on the inside or a male chimpanzee feels like a woman chimpanzee and wants to identify as the opposite..
Human trans people cannot reproduce or multiply after a sex change. It seems so unnatural, so it must be a human made problem of some sort.
I don't remember hearing about people in history being trans either. In the thousands or hundreds of thousands of years humans have been around and history was recorded, I don't remember ever reading about trans until recently - another reason I don't think it is natural.
Also, for all of human history there was 2 sexes or genders with hermaphrodite on the side. Now in the last 10 years of my life, there are suddenly over 30 sexes and genders..??? huh? What's going on here.? What is causing this?

If I could, I would give all trans people who are here now the equal rights they want and deserve - but at the same time i would try and find out the cause of this problem and fix it so there are no more trans people in the future.

This isn't a hate thing, this is a science / medical / logic thing.

So.. anyone working on a cure for these people?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I'm not sure it's trans people even pushing for media recognition, I'd imagine they're like everyone else and just wanna be left alone to live their lives in peace without being scrutinised.

The cure for them as far as I know is to become the gender that they want and live happy, productive lives.

You know, when anyone outside of a situation, culture or nation begins telling others what's best for them it tends to not end well.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I agree that it is a mental illness but that is not the PC way to look at it. Every problem we have as far as socially lately has a true solution, but these solutions hurt feelings and label people, so they are surppressed and overlooked.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They are what they are and should be allowed to live peacefully. War should be declared on the indoctrination of kids by their parents into religion and parents should also be held more accountable for their spawn living as decent human beings.

Too many selfish idiots with no regard to the damage our presence is doing on this planet and no respect for other human beings, and there's generation upon generation of the same clowns living the same crap.

People need to learn to live decently and respectfully first, before anything else

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
Just so you know, I have no problem with trans people. I'm Atheist and despise religion.

One of the more amusing things I have read on ATS in recent years.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Isn't like asking for a gay cure?

As far as I was aware, transgender people are different on a biological level, same with gay people. I don't think it's a failing or fault of brain activity -- it's hardwired, innate.

So to say it can be 'fixed' with a 'cure' seems rather trite.

The ONLY cure I could imagine, and I think this would offend many, would be at the initial development stage where you could observe differences or changes in the fetus DNA and correct it there.

*IF* we had the technology and even more worryingly, *IF* people felt that was ethically or morally ok to being with!

+9 more 
posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
oh dear - i suppose this was inevitable

your assumption that there needs to be a " cure " is disturbing - [ thats the only word i can think of that will get past the T&C ]

you have made ZERO logical . medical or scientific argument - this thread is simply a projection of your fantasies and insecurities

get over it

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Way to be totally offensive to a group of people while claiming you understand them.

Don't you wish you were instead just born male or female? There would be no issues. You would never have to change anything and you'd live your whole life as the correct gender or sex.

That's the point. They weren't born the correct gender.

The simple fact you think it's something that can be 'cured' says that you have no understanding in respect to it. Just like any issue once it gets politicized there is a push back. And I get it, it's annoying, it's frustrating, it feels like certain people are whoring themselves out to the politicians and the media.

But consider this, there have been people born in both genders, living as the opposite since biblical times. This isn't a new phenomena. Respecting these people and treating them like human beings however is, and giving them the option to transition to where they feel comfortable in their own skin is also a new thing, modern medicine. (You'd actually be surprised at some of the stuff that was available in ancient times too though.)

EDIT: Just to add, scientifically, there are numerous species of animals, probably animals too that have transsexualism incorporated in some way. There are certain species that start out one gender and slowly covert to another over time. There are some that begin one way and end up the other from environmental factors. There are some that are both.

This is not 'unnatural' or 'wrong' or anything else implied by some zealots. In fact it would be entirely natural if a species like humanity converted to being intersexed or ended up that way from an evolutionary standpoint.

Im not saying I think humanity is going in that direction or that it should be that way or anything, but if it did, it would be just as 'natural' as two genders.
edit on 16-5-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Just so you know, I have no problem with trans people. I'm Atheist and despise religion.

I'm an atheist as well - what does/do trans people have to do with religion or atheism?

You're comparing a biological condition to a religious (or lack thereof) position

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
oh dear - i suppose this was inevitable

your assumption that there needs to be a " cure " is disturbing - [ thats the only word i can think of that will get past the T&C ]

you have made ZERO logical . medical or scientific argument - this thread is simply a projection of your fantasies and insecurities

get over it

I only say a cure because, well, what's better, paying a ton of cash and risking your life to feel normal, or just feeling normal from the start..?

I admit I dont' understand the trans thing, but I am for equal rights of all.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How many Transgender people in the US? Does the numbers of Transgendered people warrant a massive disruption of schools, companies and sports with this policy from Washington?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 16-5-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

edit on 16-5-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You cannot cure every aspect of the Human condition no matter how weird it may seem to you.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Way to be totally offensive to a group of people while claiming you understand them.

Don't you wish you were instead just born male or female? There would be no issues. You would never have to change anything and you'd live your whole life as the correct gender or sex.

That's the point. They weren't born the correct gender.

The simple fact you think it's something that can be 'cured' says that you have no understanding in respect to it. Just like any issue once it gets politicized there is a push back. And I get it, it's annoying, it's frustrating, it feels like certain people are whoring themselves out to the politicians and the media.

But consider this, there have been people born in both genders, living as the opposite since biblical times. This isn't a new phenomena. Respecting these people and treating them like human beings however is, and giving them the option to transition to where they feel comfortable in their own skin is also a new thing, modern medicine. (You'd actually be surprised at some of the stuff that was available in ancient times too though.)

I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm going by my observations.

This was never intended to be an offensive or disrespectful post, sorry if anyone takes it that way but if you do you're reading it wrong.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I agree that it is a mental illness but that is not the PC way to look at it.

It's also not the scientific way to look at it, because every psychological body says that you are wrong, the same way it was wrong to class homosexuality as a mental illness.

I personally believe that believing in a magical sky wizard with absolutely no proof, while rejecting the scientific reality all around you, is a true mental illness.

So, who wins?
Considering a transgender person existing has NO IMPACT on your life, while those people who believe in magical sky wizards are constantly abusing people, attacking people, passing laws legalizing the abuse of other free people, I know which one I would rather focus on a cure for.

Every problem we have as far as socially lately has a true solution, but these solutions hurt feelings and label people, so they are surppressed and overlooked

Please, lets hear your "solution", I'm certain I'm not the only one who sees something extremely sinister in this sentence.
Tell me, would your "solution" happen to be a "final" one?

iTruthSeeker

Liar.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Isn't like asking for a gay cure?

As far as I was aware, transgender people are different on a biological level, same with gay people. I don't think it's a failing or fault of brain activity -- it's hardwired, innate.

So to say it can be 'fixed' with a 'cure' seems rather trite.

The ONLY cure I could imagine, and I think this would offend many, would be at the initial development stage where you could observe differences or changes in the fetus DNA and correct it there.

*IF* we had the technology and even more worryingly, *IF* people felt that was ethically or morally ok to being with!

That's totally what I meant, what you said. Maybe I just suck at saying it. Not the gay part. Gay is natural as far as I know. Also, if a "cure" was found, it would only be used if most trans people also agreed with the concept. I know that if I was born male and felt female my whole life that I would rather be born female and have my whole life feeling normal instead of just part of it.

I bet if you asked trans people if they could have been born in the whatever they identify as sex if they would choose that, I bet most would say yes.
edit on 16-5-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I agree that it is a mental illness but that is not the PC way to look at it.

It's also not the scientific way to look at it, because every psychological body says that you are wrong, the same way it was wrong to class homosexuality as a mental illness.

I personally believe that believing in a magical sky wizard with absolutely no proof, while rejecting the scientific reality all around you, is a true mental illness.

So, who wins?
Considering a transgender person existing has NO IMPACT on your life, while those people who believe in magical sky wizards are constantly abusing people, attacking people, passing laws legalizing the abuse of other free people, I know which one I would rather focus on a cure for.

Every problem we have as far as socially lately has a true solution, but these solutions hurt feelings and label people, so they are surppressed and overlooked

Please, lets hear your "solution", I'm certain I'm not the only one who sees something extremely sinister in this sentence.
Tell me, would your "solution" happen to be a "final" one?

iTruthSeeker

Liar.

The only reason I classified it differently is because in the natural world (aniamls) there are examples of Gay, Straight, Asexual and hermaphrodite but no examples of trans animals (transimals?)

As an Atheist I look to the natural world for examples of what's normal.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

One of the more amusing things I have read on ATS in recent years.

Pretty accurate though.
From my perceptions of others here there is absolutely a venn diagram we could draw showing the connection between Christianity, conservative opinions and transphobia and homophobia (as well as racism, xenophobia and general ignorance toward others who aren't white, Christian, Conservative Americans).

Sorry if that hurts people's feelings, but we all know it's true

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
How many Transgender people in the US? Does the numbers of Transgendered people warrant a massive disruption of schools, companies and sports with this policy from Washington?

It's not a disruption of anything.
It's really damn simple - let trans people use the facilities they are suited to using.

There, problem f-ing solved!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You raise some good points-

My real issue with this topic is when non-adults (children/teens) want to switch genders- I think back to when I was in
high-school and the wide variety of "clicks". During our journey towards maturity, we often look to others for acceptance and modify our looks/behavior in order to "fit in". Back in the 80's we had the 'jocks, stoners, nerds, punks, new-wavers, etc.'. My worry is that some individuals may be just trying to join a group in order to get attention, feel popular, or just be different and rebel against their parents. I'm pretty sure I do not understand what it is like to feel as if I needed to change to a different gender, but I do understand that we all change both physically and mentally as we (hopefully) mature, and making permanent changes to our body before we are even adults seems to me to be very dangerous and potentially something that could bring a lot of regret.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join