It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder - We Must "Brainwash" People Against Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No, I get a thrilling tingle up my leg.

I don't even belong to the NRA. The bastards compromised years ago with the Clinton-Wesson bill and I have yet to forgive them. I belong to the National Associated for Gun Rights, personally. No compromises for me, period. Inalienable rights are inalienable.

what does alienable mean ? I have never been alienabled myself

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No such word. Inalienable, however, is a legal term regarding something which cannot be taken away or given up. It is the part of the Constitution most in need of defending, again, because agenda driven assholes seem intent on negating the word from the law.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
PC is for p*ssies who can't stand on their own 2 feet and defend what they are actually thinking. This whole touchy feely crap is what got us here in the first place. People aren't allowed to lose at anything anymore, instead we give esteem trophy cause everyone is a winner inside.

Christ can you imagine what some of these jerks would have done if they traveled back to the 1930's?

And Holder is a giant &!^@%#$$@^!&&#@(@)((!*&#@^#%%!$#$#^#&#$*@(@ and sells picture of his mother on gigantic azzes . com. I swear if there ever was a waste of a human being its him. He wants to rid the world of guns not because he wants us to feel safe, but because so many people want to shoot him in the crotch.

The hell with left or right, what ever happened to being honest and saying what you mean and meaning what you say? What ever happened to common sense?

There is no way this countries government can go out an collect all the guns, wont happen. And if they try to get you to turn them in.....wont work either.........

You have a unsecured border to the south of this country, weapons will get through.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OP, everyone seems to be focusing on the details of your shared videos, but I do understand your main point of this thread. Knowing that this manipulative process is occurring, is not as helpful as one may think. I was certified as a hypnotist and Neuro-linguist programmer...I dare say that all of the 'issues' exemplify the traits of control.

I am not saying that all are educated, there are actually some that do it unknowingly as a natural by product of experience and incorporate it into their communication. Certainly, there are some I think of as trolls, but even they are programmed.

Honestly, I have found even recognizing that someone is manipulating me in conversation and actions, makes little difference. I see it more and more from all angles, and actually know that some of them...have no clue. That just leaves everyone confused and unsatisfied...albeit...angry. That is all they are left with having knowledge of the manipulation. Simply anger and frustration.

I humbly can say it is ALL BS and I can only attempt to shovel as much as possible out of the way. Unfortunately....the world still stinks and no one has stepped forward with a detergent that I can rely on to remove that smell of suspicion!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: MisterSpock

Either way, the loopholes do exist and are regularly exploited by organized crime to obtain firearms, which gives the anti-gun lobbyists a valid opening to argue against law abiding gun ownership. Shut down those loopholes and you'd shut down the anti-gun lobbyist's in there tracks... I'll give ya the hot tip.

Well I'll give one more comment, and leave it at that, as I feel this isn't the topic of the thread at all. But the problem is, and I think you know it, that shutting down the "loopholes" won't stop anyone in their tracks, they will just move on to the next target.

It's not about the loopholes, it's an ideology war, and if given the chance they would fight it right down to the complete ban of firearms. I don't need them so why do you, that's the way many feel about it.

I agree, in the sense I think this is psychological in nature. Something is causing people to desire gun rights and for others to obstruct them. Why do people desire gun rights? So they can defend themselves if attacked or robbed. And also because it's in the spirit of individualism to manage our own lives. Guns empower us, but they must be used with care. And why do people obstruct gun rights? Mostly because of security. Like gun gowners, people against gun rights want to protect against something--in this case deaths (criminal or otherwise) due to easy availability of guns. Mass shootings are a great example. Some of them were able to gain access to guns they shouldn't have. And some of them had mental problems which weren't screened properly.

Here:
www.psychologicalscience.o rg - Why Do People Defend Unjust, Inept, and Corrupt Systems?...

What does this have to do with it? Namely, if the government and its institutions desire to remove gun rights, people are more likely to support it if the following are true of them:
1) they're dependent on the system of control
2) can't escape it easily
3) the systems of control is threatened
4) low individual control

Why does the governemnt want to restrict gun rights? Maybe because increasing numbers of people have lost faith in the individual's capacity to own and use a gun responsibly. Or the government has its own agenda.

Another popular reason given to restrict guns are suicides due to firearms. Gun owenrs themelves arne't more likely to be suicidal. But they're more likely to die if they're suicidal.And the numbers of successful suicides due to firearms is so large it's bigger than other gun deaths.

Little by little they're pecking away at the justifications for owning guns. People are picking up on this and losing faith in it. Owning guns isn't sexy. It's despicable. I would really be surprised if major gun restrictions aren't in place soon. A few more mass shootings is really all it takes. I'd say nothign more than time needs to happen though since hte ball is already rolling.

Another thing is hte vast majority of mass shootings are males. Like 98% And most of them in the US are white. It's slightly more than expected by population alone. If you're white male, look out. Males have already been attacked as being responsible for the partiarchal society which demeaned and apparently destroyed woman. Won't be long before htey cripple every last foundation piece holding up the male archetypes. Then what? New archetypes. And some new mental disorders or alterations added to the DSM for those unable to adjust. I expect this will happen for both genders, not just males. However, males might get a bigger kick to the crotch because of history.
edit on 5/16/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BooCrackers

This whole touchy feely crap is what got us here in the first place. People aren't allowed to lose at anything anymore, instead we give esteem trophy cause everyone is a winner inside.

Through experience, (and I was one of those "out casts" who once fell into victim-hood before I grew out of it), I found that losing mattered more than winning. You learn from your losses, and if you observe people's errors, you also learn from their losses. This is the road towards KNOWLEDGE. Knowledge is power, while learning from mistakes.
The problem is, we live in a society that discourage mistakes. "Leave no room for errors" and thus encourages fear and victim hood.

If you want to test this fact out, all you need to do is play video games. How many "Game Overs" did you receive before finally beating the game? (it doesn't just apply to video games, it applies through everything we do in life, including sports. The mind eventually learns from mistakes through repetition of losses. It is a shame that this is now being obscured by those who have an agenda. You may have a million losses, but when you win the rare battles that actually mattered, it becomes sweeter.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Morgan Expresses some of my concerns perfectly.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

never mind, misread.

edit on 16-5-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Never mind, mis-read.

Good analysis, anyway, spot on.
edit on 16-5-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: oops

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The whole of pop cultre is brain washing. Yeah of course the NRA is to blame but that's just part of the overall issue here.

In the 1990s it took a turn for the worst with the gang banger, bridging it way beyond the inner cities, culture. Suburbanite angry young teens turned into gang bangers for what the sake of selling music albums and fashion or was it something more sinister?

Though, may it help deter some away from it sure, unfortunately criminals will be criminals no matter if Holder and co, or other act.

On top of that they have to deal with the growing mess of cartels bringing heroin into the country which is also leading to more gang activity and deaths.

He's addressing only part of the matter here but is also probably paid off(see fast and Furious) to deflect from what's really happening.
edit on 17-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: removed ,

edit on 17-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Again, defense of an existing, inalienable right as documented in the governing document of our nation is not brainwashing. The fact that NRA lobbyists are needed to keep our rights secure simply demonstrates that there is a faction within the federal government who are traitorous bastards rather than lawful representatives of the People.

My status as a moderator is immaterial on this. I don't moderate threads I'm participating in and I don't caveat my posts for anyone, including you, Kemosabe.

In a way it's shocking how well the NRA has done it, you really think you need the NRA to keep your rights secure don't you? That's spooky in a way how so many suck up the agenda to throw more and more dollars into a corporate machine, but if it keeps you happy and the mortality rates are something you can all live with then I guess everyone's happy in the corporate event you call life.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Ah... your shout out to the "mortality rates" belie your agenda and expose your attempted "NBA is manipulating people" higher ground as pure, unadulterated bullsnip. Your beef is with the 2nd amendment, and only extends to those defending that Right from attack because they represent a foil to your agenda.

Considering how far down the ladder firearm related deaths are in America, completely dwarfed by medical blunders, heart and circulatory deaths caused by stress, auto accidents, and such, yeah... I can sleep OK at night with that mortality rate.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Ah... your shout out to the "mortality rates" belie your agenda and expose your attempted "NBA is manipulating people" higher ground as pure, unadulterated bullsnip. Your beef is with the 2nd amendment, and only extends to those defending that Right from attack because they represent a foil to your agenda.

Considering how far down the ladder firearm related deaths are in America, completely dwarfed by medical blunders, heart and circulatory deaths caused by stress, auto accidents, and such, yeah... I can sleep OK at night with that mortality rate.

The NBA? Are they in on it too? My point about mortality rates was nothing to do with agenda, more with fact. Anyway, gotta go and look into NBA involvement in the whole thing, wow, that's a real curveball, thanks for the heads up on that one- sheesh, it really is amazing how deep the whole conspiracy goes isn't it?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
wum wum wum wum wum wum ...whats that sound.."this is your friend..dont use guns, there bad..they hurt people and animals..let your government do that for you. dont worry, we will let you have freedom" wum wum wum wum wum.

i dont own guns, but i know if we let them take our guns away, we would be defenceless against asserting our own forms of constitutional government when the invading force tries its b.s. mind F-ing lies.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
wum wum wum wum wum wum ...whats that sound.."this is your friend..dont use guns, there bad..they hurt people and animals..let your government do that for you. dont worry, we will let you have freedom" wum wum wum wum wum.

i dont own guns, but i know if we let them take our guns away, we would be defenceless against asserting our own forms of constitutional government when the invading force tries its b.s. mind F-ing lies.

So, if I put the same shell to my ear, maybe I can hear wum wum wum wum "Guns are good, people are bad, the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is for a good citizen to shoot them - buy more guns, more guns THEY WANT TAKE YOUR GUNS - don't let them do anything about guns, they are trying to make you slaves!!! buy more guns, more guns" and shell away from ear.

How is that any different or do you tend to agree with that particular level of brainwashing so it's not the same?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

brainwashing exists on both sides of the issue, people should stop being ciminals and ruining it for all of us.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

OK..straw poll..HANDS UP ALL WHO WANT TO BE BRAINWASHED?

Anyone?

Come on...it's brainwashing, but for a good cause, and that makes it fine..right?

If not, i would suggest making Mr. Holder and other politicians who have the audacity to say such Orwellian things a distant and unpalatable political memory.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo

brainwashing exists on both sides of the issue, people should stop being ciminals and ruining it for all of us.

Why didn't you allude to that in the first place rather than make out it's only people looking for any changes to gun laws that are brainwashed/brainwashing and the ones virulently opposed to such changes are not themselves subject to similar levels of suggestion? I know that really goes against the grain on ATS, but hey, maybe things can change.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Too many people are rebelling against the feds, and the police state, and Washington Establishment in general for this to happen.

If they want our guns, they will have to come and take them, and that means a bloody war. Gun culture, has been conditioned in so many Americans from an early age, and I see no stopping it. It is our guns that keep us free and at least half the country understands that, and the other half? Well they can go kick rocks, because unless the feds plan to forcibly disarm the rest of us. The liberal weenies can't do anything about it but go cry in their safe spaces.

The question then becomes, can they get the military to fight 100 million Americans with guns? Do the powers that be really want to roll the dice on that? I've heard conspiracy theories of a "UN Army" coming to disarm us... Well, let them come and try... but should they fail, the government will have a full blown rebellion on their hands.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Autocorrect is a bitch sometimes. I posted from my phone, so you can see just how often I type NRA vs the NBA.

Regardless, enjoy pushing your marionette's agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join