It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Radiation As Bad As We Thought? Try Radon Therapy Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Gimmi Radiation!

Well German scientists are studying the validity to this claim that many sufferers of chronic diseases are swearing this Radon exposure is making them feel better. Some of the data they are finding may very well substantiate these claims. However, it is clear that further long term studies need to be done, and we should not go skinny dipping in nuclear reactors just yet.

Who would voluntarily breathe in radioactive gas? These days, there are people who do. They swear by the notorious noble gas radon, created by the decay of uranium: They inhale it deeply.

Most believers in the healing qualities of radiation are suffering from a chronic inflammatory disease: arthritis, asthma or psoriasis, for example. The gas, they argue, alleviates their problems for months, which is why they lay in bubbling radon water offered by some healing spas. In Bad Kreuznach, in the German state of Rhineland-Palatinate, brave spa guests even trek into the tunnels of an abandoned mercury mine, attracted by the radon-filled air in the mountain. Are they crazy?

As has now become clear, these people are right: Radioactivity is good for them.

[snip]

Its advantages for humans and mice have not yet been confirmed beyond all doubt, and further experiments are necessary. But biologist Fournier is reasonably sure that her results point in a new direction: "In low doses, radiation works differently than we had expected," she says.

Well, I don't happen to suffer from anything this radiation is treating, but it is good to see some of the stigma behind lower doses is being challenged by science. maybe this could help make a case for the return of Tritium products to the American market if their findings can reach our regulators and smack some sense into them.

edit on Mon May 16 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Not sure if this relates, but there are some elderly people living in ''the zone'' around Chernobyl who choose to live in their homes there. Some of them are quite old, suffer from arthritis and so forth.

When they are home in the zone, they feel better - the arthritis doesn't hurt and they are much more active.

They say, when they leave the zone for food or visit people.. they immediately feel the arthritis again and become less mobile and active.

i was quite surprised... anyway...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There is a nuclear power plant about an hour from my house. There is a little town surrounding the nuclear power plant. I have been in a couple of houses in this area. Every person I have meet were in their 70s/80/s but all looked like the were in their 50s/60s

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Radon has a half-life of 3.8 days.

I wouldn't recommend exposing yourself to actual radiation treatments. Look at chemo patients to see the results of what that does.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It would take one hell of a car salesman to get me to put money down on this. However, it's interesting all the same. Seems people in dire straits will try anything and I admire their courage to do so. Nevertheless, this seems to be a lot of trial and error, which without I admit, discoveries wouldn't come to light. So....... the mice first was a good start? We shall see..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes indeed, the article does go into that subject of Chernobyl. Also thinline, that is a interesting observation on the appearance of older folk in your area around that power plant.

And Vector, I have read in the past companies were trying to help us identify if Radon could be posing a threat to our homes. Perhaps some of their claims were a bit stretched for the purpose of making easy money?? I am not certain what to think!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Seem to be the same quackery that was most popular during the early 20th century, like Radithor en.wikipedia.org... or Radium Ore Revigator.

edit on 2016-5-16 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Radon is estimated to be the second leading cause of lung cancer, so I really wouldn't recommend inhaling it...ever.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So radiation is good for us now.
Id say its lucky then that they did this study and report when they did, imagine how paranoid wed all get when they are no longer able to hide all the radiation from fukushima.

But now its all good, radiation is not only harmless its actually beneficial

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So radiation is good for us now.
Id say its lucky then that they did this study and report when they did, imagine how paranoid wed all get when they are no longer able to hide all the radiation from fukushima.

But now its all good, radiation is not only harmless its actually beneficial

Slap "organic" on it, list it on NaturalNews and you'd have a dozen people in here claiming it cured their loved ones of everything from Cancer to Colitis. So...? How does that work again....

Really now, the "natural" crowd will drink bleach derivatives so long as they think its "banned by big pharma"...aka: listed as a poison by the FDA.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well, Spider Man was bitten by a radioactive spider, so...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Most of the people living near Chernobyl have to take medication to stave off the worst of the radiation effects, so for all that they might feel bloody marvellous, they are hardly in a position to recommend a way of life to anyone.

Further to that, this radon therapy idea has to be amongst the most utterly ridiculous I have ever encountered. I am all for living on ones feet, and going out fast, rather than withering on the vine and arriving at the point where one has to have ones underwear changed by under qualified morons with delusions of medical awareness, but I utterly refute the idea that any amount of well being worth having, can be found by sucking down radioactive gas in any format what so ever.

Total poppycock.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I wouldn't recommend exposing yourself to actual radiation treatments. Look at chemo patients to see the results of what that does.

There is a huge difference between chemorherapy and radiation therapy.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Indeed. Chemotherapy is poison pumped into the body. Radiotherapy is radiation pumped into the body. Separate themes, with a unified purpose.

I cannot say I find the idea of either one appealing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604

originally posted by: Vector99

There is a huge difference between chemorherapy and radiation therapy.

They typically are used in tandem to treat advanced stages of cancer.

Yes they are different though.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
...but I utterly refute the idea that any amount of well being worth having, can be found by sucking down radioactive gas in any format what so ever.

Total poppycock.

Well, a collection of Taiwanese residents would possibly disagree.

Hormesis: it's not just a theory - it's been done in practice.

top topics

join