It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to not get mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hi I have a problem.

I can't stop myself from getting mad at certain types news. For some reason My mind thinks people should be free to enjoy life so long as their desires don't infringe upon others lives. I also get mad when others try telling others what to do.

For example, there was a recent article about forcing others to accept and tolerate an extreme minority of people's desires to use the rest rooms and locker rooms of the opposite sex.

To me it's like being told we have to let others use us for amusement. My mind doesn't see it as a rational mind that just wants to relieve themselves. I can't stop seeing it as deranged people wanting to role play and live out fantasy lives.

But what bothers me is that when I see one minority (government) tell hundreds of millions of people to do what another minority want then I get mad. I can't stop myself from getting so mad that I start to fantasize about hurting them.

Maybe I'm a minority too? Maybe you should let me punch you in the face so I can live a happy fairy tale life too?

Anyways I see such situations as things I can't stop. So I get mad and miserable everyday and live a horrible life. Is it possible to not care and not get mad? Can I train myself somehow to just ignore it?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Staygaf

Here's my solution that helps me keep mellow (most of the time).

Just think to yourself "what would the Spaghetti Monster do?" Then stick out your arms and go all wibbly wobbly.

After you realise how stupid you look, you won't be angry anymore.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staygaf
Hi I have a problem.

I can't stop myself from getting mad at certain types news. For some reason My mind thinks people should be free to enjoy life so long as their desires don't infringe upon others lives. I also get mad when others try telling others what to do.

For example, there was a recent article about forcing others to accept and tolerate an extreme minority of people's desires to use the rest rooms and locker rooms of the opposite sex.

To me it's like being told we have to let others use us for amusement. My mind doesn't see it as a rational mind that just wants to relieve themselves. I can't stop seeing it as deranged people wanting to role play and live out fantasy lives.

But what bothers me is that when I see one minority (government) tell hundreds of millions of people to do what another minority want then I get mad. I can't stop myself from getting so mad that I start to fantasize about hurting them.

Maybe I'm a minority too? Maybe you should let me punch you in the face so I can live a happy fairy tale life too?

Anyways I see such situations as things I can't stop. So I get mad and miserable everyday and live a horrible life. Is it possible to not care and not get mad? Can I train myself somehow to just ignore it?

You might be in the wrong spot if you can't tolerate different views without wanting to punch someone in the face homie.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The fact that you want to find a more tranquil way of being is the first step so you're on your way.

For me, used to have very extreme rage issues. Then I wanted to not get so mad, just as you are saying here.

Over several years I saw myself first initially getting mad at xyz, then I would stop after a few Seconds and ask myself: is this conducive to anything useful or good for me or anyone else.

The answer is almost always no.

Anger has its place, but managing it and not allowing it to control you is very freeing.

Over time you will find yourself realizing that getting so mad really doesn't do ya much good at all.

Instead, simply be cognizant of the issues that bother you, make positive changes to the things you can effect, and hope for solution to the issues that are more or less out of your control.
edit on 15-5-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I don't remember always being this way. From what I'd remember I used to just be like whatever and move on. Maybe it's because I never used to read or watch the news so I think everything is getting worse?
I feel like I'm just sick of it all so almost anything against my opinions pisses me off more and more each time.

I was told while growing up what's right and wrong and everyday I turn on the news and see stuff that's wrong. Maybe I should stop watching the news.

I just feel like I'm living in a reality that I'm not comparable with and everyday feels like an assault against me.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

If you're an American, feel proud you're not numb to the bs. If your not, no worries, we'll be along shortly to permanently numb you in the noble name of democracy.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"I don't remember always being this way."

It's called growing old

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You need to see a thought-doctor, it sounds like you are suffering from PCP or Politically Correct Propaganditis, the symptoms include (but are by no means limited to) an overwhelming desire to stifle opinions, even to the point of resorting to violence to achieve this end.

This is treatable but be quick as folks have been known to morph into full blown precious snowflakes as a result of contracting PCP.

Instead of getting pissed at 'em, may I suggest just closing your eyes and saying to yourself "I am a child of light and am content that others are content basking in their wrongness"
edit on 15-5-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Take that anger the moment you feel it, and hold it. Get your running shoes and just go run it off. After a few blocks you be all like "oh man it feels good to run" and you wont even remember you were angry.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Really dude? I agree with your post, but the "snowflake" thing already? This started to describe the very types of person he refers to in his post. So you're taking some one who- notice he says "irritated, angry, etc"- and are deliberately trying to bait him. This stuff is stupid man, it's really not as funny as people seem to say it is.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I can't stop myself from getting so mad that I start to fantasize about hurting them.

Violence should only be used in life or death situations. Life is a tug-of-war between opposing forces. Find a balance in yourself and focus on what's more important.

Don't be a statistic.

edit on 15-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staygaf
Hi I have a problem.

All this craziness is being done to generate mass amouunts of negativity. Negative energy is toxic but also powerful. Many times people obtain super human strength in an extremely negative environment. An example is being able to lift heavy cars off of people after coming across an accident which the fear and anguish they experience gives rise for a superhero manifesting for having savef another's life.

Hit a pillow or punching bag and let it all out. If you are as mad as you say you are why not combine prayer or thought form while you beat up a pillow. Project ir outwards and direct it like a Magus would. But be responsible and ethical so read up on it because Jesus Christ was gifted many things through the Magi upon birth..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

When I get mad? I think of south park. Most things that get me mad have been covered in a satirical way by them.

Then I laugh out loud and people look at me like I'm the crazy one.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If I could take a guess at your post, it's serious with a dash of humor, amirite? I'd say, lol you're two thirds of the way there, don't let it get ya down

edit on 15-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You take everything too personal. The example you used is one that has had zero effect on you as of yet am I correct??? Other than your own imagination running wild with what might happen, regardless of how improbable that is, you're letting yourself get angry over nothing more than your own imagined fears.

Sometimes there is a reason to get angry. But there is no reason to get angry and want to punch someone because of some fantasy that you're playing out in your own head. That's just being violent and crazy. AKA Madness.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, or, a punching bag.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I like your thoughts, getting mad is the hardest thing to do. Living life is a lot for people. I learned a long time ago to let it go.

When someone cuts you off when driving most people give them the bird.

I wave. So I let it go.
🖕

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Nah man givem the bird. Bird for the WIN.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

LOL, ok!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I do like the punching bag, that works!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join