It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

“’they,’ ‘their,’ ‘ze,’ ‘he’ and ‘she.’”

Soooo, who's gonna rewrite all of the English books to teach kids all the new pronouns? (ze, zim, zer, not to mention 'they' can now be used as a singular pronoun?)

This is all getting very bizarre.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

As if Chicago schools can afford the ensuing lawsuits. My gosh.

Legally speaking, penis = boy vagina = girl no matter how you dress or feel.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I don't feel so bad about accommodating to other people's feelings

Yeah I think it's a douche move to continuously call someone he to make a point/be a dick (and a few months ago I was doing it). I'm fine with that being a problem. This wording just seems awfully vague and I feel for the students and faculty. Especially since they need to walk on eggshells around parents now.

It's just a crap show. If a kid or teacher is intentionally being an asshole, deal with them. Slapping on more rules and accepted speech bothers me.

I also think it seems sort of arbitrary. I've seen people that want to be called Zhe. I'm sure there are way more out there. So what's the cut off here? I'm to the point where I'm pretty much over the transgender thing, but we have people who legit want to be treated like a cat. So do those students get to make people call them Miss Fluff Fluff? What about gender fluid people that apparently switch genders all the time.

Perhaps we can get everyone to start pinning certain symbols to their clothing so that no one is ever offended (has this ever been tried before?). So when the transgender pan sexual decides today they're an interspecies octopus non binary raccoon enthusiast we'll know without being told. They shouldn't have added that Q or + to LGBT.

If you used to be John, and now identify as a female named Samantha, I can deal with that if you put in effort to appear feminine. That's about as tolerant as I'm willing to get. I'm not calling you Ze unless you start calling me Big Poppa Pump.

We're getting way too permissive with people that want to dictate what we can say.

Also at what point does this become intentional? Three times? Five times? Are we granted a grace period? I grew up with a guy I called Joey. He switched over to Joe (completely understandable). Took me a year to not screw it up (he wasn't a dick about it, and I wasn't trying to be a dick either, just hard to switch when you've known a guy for 20 years).

Be nice to transgender people as long as hey aren't being insufferable victims in it for attention seeking. Even if you think it's a mental disorder, we don't make fun of retarded people. I remember almost beating the crap out of someone that called a guy with learning disabilities a retard and making him cry in 8th grade. That was a LONG time ago and it still makes my blood boil.

I hope you've enjoyed this incoherent rambling brought to you by a vodka/wine/orange juice martini.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I find this kind of stuff sickening. They're basically telling the majority of people to bend over and let an extreme minority use them to live out their fantasies or face persecution.
I wish I had an army because I'd love to wipe out all these delusional sickening creeps running the government.

If I was a girl I wouldn't want to be in a rest room or locker room with guys who want to pretend their just one of the girls.
And being a guy I don't want to have a woman standing around while I piss or take a crap.

When I read stuff like this it makes me think of when youre a child and the adults would force you to play with people who you don't like.

I'm so sick of all these meaningless new age creeps abusing the system to ruin the lives of those smart enough to disagree with them. All they've been doing for the past decade is teaching children how to be perverts.

To be honest, all this type of stuff has motivated me to get in shape. They're promoting violence. If I'm ever in a bathroom and a tranny woman walks in I'll get violent. I'm sick of playing along with the rules of such a sickening society. I'm not your property or slave. I'm not here to live an irritated life catering to what I think are creeps while you try to dominate me and tell me what to do.

The people in control now don't deserve respect or to be followed. I was born into this place and never once swore allegiance to follow governments like these.

Its always been through violence that successful moral countries are founded. The creeps have been chipping away at the foundation of morality for a long time. Like a dog humping the leg of society and ready to leave its mess. Maybe it's time to kick em in the crotch and watch them scurry away.

I don't have a problem with what others want until you start trying to force me to be a part of it. If you're going to ruin my life as part of enjoying your own then you're my enemy and I guess you want to leave me with no choice but to say no with my fists.

/end rant

Yeah I'm sick of others trying to tell me what I have to be like. When I read stuff like this I get pissed off.

edit on 15-5-2016 by Staygaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Picked up from good ol' Breitbart news, eh?

Not quite the "forcing" people to do what you claim. Even in your source it doesn't support that claim.

If a student or teacher refuses to address somebody in a manner they have requested, then consequences happen. Not much different than somebody being disciplined for calling a boy with long hair "girl" or "woman."

Stoke those flames though!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Anybody read the "guidelines"....

How will 2nd graders be able to understand the way the thing is written?

TL TransGender Nonconforming Students Guidelines

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How cute, Chicago has failing schools, society, infrastructure, White flight in droves, businesses leaving, homeowners leaving, one of the highest murder rates, thousands dying, broke, out of work, poor, on drugs....

Gender though, let's get on that STAT. Rahm Emanuel's top priority on a White Board in his office, I bet.

Keep that Democrat spirit alive Chicago, right into the ground. You're almost there.
edit on 089pm3108America/Chicago15CDT08America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The University of TN attempted this a while back. It disgusted me. Not because of trans issues. I just found it repugnant in the eyes of someone who values and appreciates the written word.

I have no problem calling someone who looks like a he "he", and someone who looks like a "she" she. Whatever sex you look like, I will use the corresponding pronoun to address you. No need to pull crap out of our butts.

UT dropped the issue after a lot of donor parents expressed how rediculous it was.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How will they keeps lists of what somebody "requests"?

Did you read the actual guidelines?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
"Who cares who's getting shot or involved in gangs.....GENDER is more important now, battle stations everyone!"

~Rahm Emanuel

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Obey or what? Are offending students going to have their tongues cut out? No. Will they be suspended? Probably not.Will their parents be contacted, probably. While the provide link offers no suggestion of the discipline connected with this the whole policy only states that discipline will be appropriate to the violation and handled under the anti bullying policy.
I was bullied in school and am glad to see that finally school officials are taking steps to cut down on bullies in the school systems.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Obey or what? Are offending students going to have their tongues cut out? No. Will they be suspended? Probably not.Will their parents be contacted, probably. While the provide link offers no suggestion of the discipline connected with this the whole policy only states that discipline will be appropriate to the violation and handled under the anti bullying policy.
I was bullied in school and am glad to see that finally school officials are taking steps to cut down on bullies in the school systems.

So you're perfectly fine with kids being 'disciplined' for not properly calling a boy "she" (if SHE demands it), and saying HE, like they have always known all their life and for the past.....oh I dunno, THOUSANDS of years in human communication?

This is insanity.
edit on 105pm3108America/Chicago15CDT08America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Now when teaching science class, the teacher has to say

Evolutions and genetics are now like spelling. In spelling, 'Y' is a consonant but sometimes a vowel. Now in genetics and evolution, Y is the male gene but sometimes it can be female.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'd just stick with 'It' for everything.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I read your source. And then other, non ripped from Breitbart sources.

Are you not capable of remembering what people you work with prefer to be called? I mean I dunno about you, but when I was in school I knew the names of pretty much everybody I was in class with.

"Being intentionally disrespectful to somebody will get you in trouble" doesn't have the same ring to it for a right wing MSM outlet, nor an ATS thread, I'm sure. But it is what it is.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Can't we all just get symbols like Prince?

I'll go with this one.
edit on 15-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
I am one of those who understands that those hundreds of thousands of years were one thing, but that what we are going through right now, in the last couple of hundred, and in the last fifty, and in the last twenty mark a dramatic change in the condition of the human species. Our sciences have developed to a stage that people can change their sex, take off penises and build vaginas and so forth. We are verging on cloning babies to suit the parents wishes, install computer chips in babies heads that as they grow older they will be able to access with thought.
I think that treating all of our previously accepted norms as gospel, as the way it HAS to be is futile, and narrow minded.

Unlike ages ago, generation after generation after generation all lived within the same framework of accepted beliefs and behavior. Now, socially, culturally those enduring generational standards no longer hold us in thrall as they did in the past. Wishing that things were like they were is fantasy. This future, one that neither your or I can predict in it's complexity and realization is coming for us whether we want it or not.
My take on this silly bathroom thing, on this getting up set over referring to a person as they wish to be referred to is just silly. I say, refer to a person as they wish to be referred to.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Even if you are a staunch supporter of transgender issues, this should be very concerning to any American.

"Resistance is futile....you WILL be assimilated!"----the Borg

Just an FYI. For interest.

Non-gender pronouns have been around for a long time. There have been several attempts to introduce them into the English language.

Long before discussions on transgender.

The precise history of the Spivak pronouns is unclear, since they appear to have been independently created multiple times, each time likely without knowledge of the previous. The first recorded use of the pronouns was in a January 1890 editorial by one James Rogers, who derives e, es, and em from he and them in response to the proposed "thon". In 1975, Christine M. Elverson of Skokie, Illinois, won a contest by the Chicago Association of Business Communicators to find replacements for "she and he", "him and her", and "his and hers". Her "transgender pronouns" ey, em, and eir were formed by dropping the "th" from they, them, and their.[9] (See 'em.) The article that first reported the pronouns treated them as something of a joke, concluding with the line, "A contestant from California entered the word 'uh' because 'if it isn't a he or a she, it's uh, something else.' So much of eir humor." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: TheTory

I don't feel so bad about accommodating to other people's feelings

Perhaps we can get everyone to start pinning certain symbols to their clothing so that no one is ever offended (has this ever been tried before?). So when the transgender pan sexual decides today they're an interspecies octopus non binary raccoon enthusiast we'll know without being told. They shouldn't have added that Q or + to LGBT.

Until someone comes along and cries about all the plastic and metal used for those pins is bad for the environment.

As an aside, I miss the 90s when I was a teenager. Compared to nowadays language was harsh but words were words, that's it. You just said what you wanted to say, if it offended, deal with it. Most did and just moved on as that's how life was. Can't even say half the crap which was said back then and if I typed it here, I'd probably have to censor it but despite all that, there wasn't this political or racial divide we now see.

Does the left not understand all this censorship and PC culture actually causes more people to be offended and more division in society?

This is the most sensitive era humanity has ever witnessed and a big part of that if everyone crying they're offended and walking on egg shells around one another.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Actually, I don't remember all this fear and pc hype prior to Obama's "reign" of terror. Can't wait till that "man" is out of here and milking people to support his fav issues through his own family foundation set to go into full swing Jan. 2017.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join