It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Memory Complexes in Ancient Mystery Traditions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have a very simple question.

Mainly for people familiar with the term "social memory complex", if you haven't heard about it feel free to google it.

Have anyone here come across this concept in any of the ancient occult traditions?

If this concept is valid, then surely some of the great sages throughout history would have mentioned something similar?

I haven't read of anything similar, or at least I can't remember ever having come across anything similar.

Have you?

This idea seems closely related to the New Age movement, why is that? Have I perhaps missed something?

Why would all these mystery traditions that usually are so detailed miss such a seemingly crucial piece of the puzzle if it were indeed true?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

"social memory complex"

That is also known as an egregore.

edit on 15-5-2016 by Bybyots because: :

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the kind of discussions you have when choosing which restaurant to go to as a group of people. Everyone states their dislikes of types of food, places, or distance. Then people start making suggestions. Ultimately only one comes out.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Perhaps, by definition, "mystery religion" people are isolated loners and therefore 'group' anything is not their forte paradigm.

I mean, If everyone knew it's stuff, it could hardly be a mystery religion.

Even Christianity has some profound mysteries but no-one would call it a 'mystery religion'. That's because it is generally revealed openly and comprehended widely.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I first heard this term in The Law of One/Ra Material. Judging by the context in many cases I assumed "social memory complex" means culture or societal norms.

Or perhaps more specifically the zeitgeist ( spirit of the culture. )

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The literal sense seems like cult nonsense - new age ideas indeed. A figurative interpretation could be inferred in writings.

Herodotus noted that people made gods in their image. I would say this qualifies as thought shaping reality... when people all believe the same thing it becomes real - to them.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I'm familiar with egregores. It is quite vague and all-encompassing as a concept though, a social memory complex is way more specific than that.

a reply to: chr0naut

There have always been orders of various kinds. There have always been hermits too, but I don't think this idea of yours really holds up to scrutiny.

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yes, me too.. I don't really like the material, I especially find the use of language ridiculous; "sound vibratory complex". Ugh, written as if to appeal to science fiction types? Honestly, I don't know.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
By Social Memory Complex, I'm guessing something along the lines of vivid memories of a past life? Like the idea of one soul in an earlier life recollecting those memories or experiences in a later life when doing some tradition.
Never had it happen, or wouldn't that be the New Age idea of talking to a Higher self.

However, I'v had something go off in the back of my mind happen, where as comparing the different religions, and their personifications of believe, among other things that make me think otherwise. Where I'd keep on thinking of similarities, and differences, and trying to make whatever connections I can between them, but still trying to keep them separate and untouched. Can get really mind gnawing for me, but sometimes they just snap together.

Like for example, this picture of Jesus with the Seraphim and Kartikeya the Hindu God of War..

Now there may be no connection what so ever, due Jesus being a so called Warrior of Peace, while the Hindu God just a plain warrior. Then I look at subtle similarities, like the two seraphim at Jesus side, almost looks like the two figures on the side of the peacock, and their colours, also both figures do have similar hand gestures.

Two different personifications , with a possible singular inspiration.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Hmm, no not really.

The idea of a social memory complex is that individual spirits would evolve collectively, a planetary population would evolve together and reach certain stages of evolution. 4th density is where the social memory complex would first take form, then it would evolve further to 5th, 6th and 7th density. That is essentially the basics of it, I guess you could describe it as almost like a hive mind.

Well, if you ask most occultists they'll tell you that the esoteric dimensions of all spiritual traditions/religions are all the same, seeing as they all describe the same reality. This eclecticism seems to be particularly strong in the Western tradition.

Kartikeya, Valli & Devasena.. or Lucifer and his brides if you ask the Yezidis; the Lord of the World, the Ancient of Days of the Bible. There's another connection for you.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

O, something like a Collective Consciousness of all life on the planet, hmmm...No idea, if it applies to all life, as much as it could to us humans, or any thing else that needs us for that matter. I've had experiences of the so called phenomena which is often call "Synchronicity" on these forums, but most of the time I think it the mind wanting to play a guessing game with reality sort of speak.

Dare I say, hating to sound like a New Ager(Sorry, I got issue with the New Age Phil, it not that New), making those connections across those dimensions or the mind frames as the flow of time moves forward, spanning into infinity and yet going back to one whole. Like spreading a deck of cards on the table, and putting back into a deck after.

Thanks, I was wondering who those twins in the picture are...And according to Rapheal interpretation , I think it just God.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a social memory complex is way more specific than that.

How do you know that, and simultaneously have so many questions in your OP regarding its definition?

You really only seem to have one major question: This stuff seems important; Why can't I find anything like it in antiquity?

ETA: I just noticed your post above. So you mean the Ra Material. Right?

edit on 16-5-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I just looked and didn't really see any questions about its definition in my OP... !?

Hmmm, I don't know if I feel like it's important. Just trying to be skeptical. I don't know why, but I have a very strong aversion to this material.. it's almost weird how much I dislike it.

Yes, the Ra Material, the Law of One.

You lost me there with that metaphor..

Rapheal's interpretation? Please explain man.. haha. I got this funny image in my mind of you being this awfully stereotypic stoner..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yeah, egregore is as far back as I can go in terms of anything like what's in the Law of One stuff.

I just reviewed it and it seems pretty unique to those books.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You lost me there with that metaphor..

Rapheal's interpretation? Please explain man.. haha. I got this funny image in my mind of you being this awfully stereotypic stoner..

Hmmphh...Clairvoyant arent we? lol.

Well, there was supposed to be a pic there in that earlier post of the same thing, it was supposed'ed Ezekiel Vision painted by Raphael, one of those renaissance painters, and that it awfully looks or is stylized like that, God sitting on an Animal, with two twins, one on each side. Did he see this through other examples of other religions, or did God come to him in a vision...If one believes that.

Thing is I kind have noticed there are other examples of certain drawings of figure or the way they are drawn being kind of tossed around. From Sumeria, to Greek, to Serbia for example.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well, it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he had a vision. A lot of renaissance characters were ardent mystics.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Doesnt this technically form way back with the belief in a single divine source of everything (monotheism)!?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Monotheism just a huge push as we moved from the age of enlightenment into the dark ages or medieval era... so strong was the push of montheism that no religion was safe from it. Of course this idea of a singular god was attempted to be forced into each country, to rule over all hearts even though each country had their own name for the one god and an "earthly" represenative or king sat wearing the crown.

When one looks into the history of the chakras especially around this time, you can see the infiltraition as the mono god of India was decided to be Rama, and the earthly represenative or Raja sat on the throne to do this "gods" will and this is when the caste system formed because India was not so quick to toss out other gods of traditional worship of choice. Hanuman is frequently attacked to this day, as hes the missing link between animism and monotheism... as the idea of evolution of a spirit in a positive or negative direction of reincarnation from animals to human to devine god etc. to just death with one diety to judge and either heaven or hell and no rebirth at all...

seeing how such a system could place a ruler is a god or at least its represenative on a throne it meant a very easy system of control and work out various caste or class systems in societies.

Basically the system of monotheism managed to separate the heart mind complex and subjugate the expression of the devine union that all had availbility to, into one of worship and subjugation. If god rules your heart then you mind and body should be on pleasing and doing the earthly represenative of that gods desires or plan for you.

Of course the new age idea of chakras thinks they are open and tis needs purity and that needs subjugation etc. When they are fully closed until one reaches a meditative state called absorbtion or shunyata the first glimpse or stage of enlightenment... that is when that devine energy shoots up and down the spirtiual planes of being and merges the material with the spiritual for the first time. Then they close back up, until one through practice slowly opens each up in succession until it remains open theses are the seals, even the bible mentions these 7 seals or chakras that need to be opened, once practice opens them all only then does the divine marriage take place where the masculine or feminine spirit energy unite and become one cohesive whole in a perfect state of being.

Of course attachment to any of the conceptual or material graspings good bad or positive and negative does not allow one any boyuancy and one gets dashed into extreme states of being. Now happy now sad etc. the balance is the middle of course, and each persons middle or balance varies person to person. So judgment of what others do or not do, does not help oneself except to see if such a state of emotional or logical bias seen from our teachers(everyone) exists in oneself, then digging around in meditation to find where the posion or root tried to take hold and cut it off by disregarding it as not benifical to oneself or others, but having individual responsibility clean your own house first til you see the one building the house of cards or concepts and knock it down all together.

Once one emerges from all of that then all is left is a union of heart and mind, they are no longer at odds... the mind is free open unattached blissfull without suffering to any attachment, while the heart itself is transformed into one of empathy for having been through such pain and suffering and want to help others become free from that very cycle that people are bound too simply due to those conceptual grasping or purposes others determine that does not seem to ave any free will other than the choices made available, even tough tey are called your choices and thats true.

But each choice has an intention the intention of each and every choice is that positive or negative, but the 3 worlds are body, speech and mind. The body may not act but the mind speaks it, the mouth may not utter it but the mind speaks it. What all three speak is intention but in none of those three worlds is any of it hidden, as in the body physical world there are two other worlds or judges that know everything you do, the mind can judge body or speech, the speech can judge body or mind, the body can judge speech or mind... etc. until all of that is in one harmonious union... there is nothing but ignorance of all of this and delusions as to what all of that is.

Of course this is esoterics and filled with dogma, and theres absolutely no belief needed for awakening... no words or sounds can do the actual work or practice required to realize such a state so all the pointing and belief is essentially moot, such as plans and discussion about building a house are just plans and discussions until one actually takes the task to start building. How much instruction does one need is my honest asking before they set out on the journey? Seems most everyone has been just arguing about the house plans and discussing fighting and killing over what they want or think or expect it to be instead of walking away taking te practice of choice to heart leave others to their own, until that conceptual house is seen in ones mind everyone is attached to and knock it over, at that moment the real one actually manifests but it is always in ones own state of being firm and immovable.

Other houses so divided as the saying goes... cannot stand, but its obvious some are done, some are cards, and some haz no idea... but its of no matter unless one thinks it does... as that state of being was always there like a secret safe behind a picture one thought was a window.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

A simple yes or no would've answered my question....

despite your long rant..... you haven't!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

join