It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He's back!

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just a hello to my fellow cospiracists. I've been gone a while.

In 2010, amidst the depression (recession is when your neighbor's out of work; depression is when you are), I got the chance to go back to school. I had been forced to drop out in 1986 due to that depression, so it seemed ironic that the governmental response to this recession was to allow people to re-educate (look up the WIA plan). After I got an AAS in Computer Technology, I realized there was enough financial aid for me to get my AS in Pre-Engineering. So I did.

Then UAH offered me a scholarship, so I turned that AS into a BS in Electrical Engineering. Now I'm enrolled part time in Grad School, working towards a Masters in Electrical Engineering, majoring in Control Theory and minoring in Communication.

Not bad for a dumb old redneck conspiracist, right?

Anyway, I'm back!

TheRedneck

edit on 5/15/2016 by TheRedneck because: Typos

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome back Redneck. Good to see you.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome back and congratulations.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Welcome back. ATS has changed you will soon find out. The majority of conspiracy theorists here have been exchanged for a majority of nuttjobs. Still some good stuff to be found here

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Welcome back. Hopefully you are richer for the experience.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
S&F
Good to see you put the time off to great use!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

One man's genius is another man's nutjob. Beware, my friend, of judging too harshly or quickly.

Some of the wisest things I have ever heard came from the old man emptying the garbage can.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome back!
Want to help me build a quadcopter for personal transportation?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What did the old man emptying the garbage can say?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Already working on a multi-mode base, legged design with built-in aerial drone ability. Thinking about making it waterproof as well. The leg controller is probably gonna be the subject of my Masters Thesis.

As to the guy with the garbage can, which time? I've probably talked to janitors hundreds of times, and a lot of those were diamonds of wisdom.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Welcome back and a huge congratulations! Masters in Electronic Engineering and and one in Telecommunications Engineering here, so I understand how much you have worked for these.

I am friends with Barking Dog Amato from your past, sent an email to him and he said please pass on his congratulations.

Good luck and happy engineering.
edit on 15/5/2016 by LamontCranston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

Yeah, it was a lot of work, especially at my age. The last semester I had my Senior Design Project (guess who the go-to guy was), one of the 3 toughest Grad-level communication courses, and a Doctorate-level Control Theory course. I don't know what possessed me tackle that load, but I know it was pure evil, lol.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds like some serious skull sweat.
Think Control Theory would be a bear.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Did you use the username Intellectual Redneck before? Anyway,welcome back to ATS
and congratulations on your electrical engineer achievement.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Nope, same username as always.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Welcome back from a fellow old timer (My definition of old timer is those who were in ATS from its Founding all the way to 2009).

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nice to see you again!

top topics

join