It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United's Old Trafford ground evacuated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Manchester United's Old Trafford ground is being evacuated ahead of their home game against Bournemouth.

Manchester United's Old Trafford ground evacuatedm

Old Trafford stadium is currently being evacuated ahead of today's game, which is the final day of the football season here in the uk.
Not much information yet but I'm sure more will follow.
edit on 15/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

It's sad a package has to ruin this day! Sad.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok more news.. The game is being called off after a suspect package was found in the stand..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

It's sad a package has to ruin this day! Sad.

Yes its a shame.. final game of the season for every team.. i suppose if someone wanted to make a statement this would be the day to do it on..

Hope its nothing, but an attack in a stadium has always been a concern to me..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It seems this may be more than just something that has been forgotten. Police have put in force "operation code red"..

RA

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Didn't they just have a "Terror Drill" there? Not that it makes a diff, but the name rings a bell....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I hope too that it is nothing and no one gets hurt. Just one person does this and look what a mess this has caused and all the let down.
Thank you for sharing this!

link   

originally posted by: slider1982
It seems this may be more than just something that has been forgotten. Police have put in force "operation code red"..

RA

Reports are coming in they are using sniffer dogs now in the stadium.. There are still fans inside aswell although most have left..

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Didn't they just have a "Terror Drill" there? Not that it makes a diff, but the name rings a bell....

Not to my knowledge..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They'll be worrying after Theresa May announced there's an increased chance of an IRA attack a couple of days ago. Hope it turns out to be a false alarm.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The authorities prepare for emergencies all over the world every day.

They had a terrorism drill in the shopping centre in Manchester last week if that's what you're referring to. Not that is has anything to do with this other than the fact that thanks to those drills they are more prepared than ever to deal with events like this.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Not to my knowledge..

Ok, I was reading something about Trafford, and that is why I thought I would ask.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

They'll be worrying after Theresa May announced there's an increased chance of an IRA attack a couple of days ago. Hope it turns out to be a false alarm.

In reality we were already on a higher state of alert nationally due to Daesh related terrorism, the IRA threat was simply included in that alert as a lower risk level because it was able to be differentiated from existing threats.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know, it's fascinating seeing the game of Chinese Whispers being played on Twitter right now.
The only information out there is that the stadium has been evacuated due to a suspicious package, and yet people on Twitter have already decided that it's a bomb, and that there's already been a controlled explosion when the bomb disposal team haven't even walked through the door yet.

People complain about mainstream media, but the exaggerations of Twitter are often worse.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah, we seem fascinated by disasters and drama, us humans.

Looks like the Bomb Unit is there now, so we'll see what it was. Everyone got out safely, which is a relief.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah, we seem fascinated by disasters and drama, us humans.

Looks like the Bomb Unit is there now, so we'll see what it was. Everyone got out safely, which is a relief.

It's a good thing they have so many drills and formulate plans to keep everyone safe, they did a remarkable job getting thousands of people out of harms way so quickly and without much fuss too. It's really pretty amazing that the staff there managed to pull this off so quickly and efficiently.

And I agree, Humans are strangely fascinated by events like this, I'm sure there's a psychological explanation for it (perhaps the need to experience danger by-proxy, or something to do with survival instinct?)

Glad everyone got out of there okay though.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i wondered where my pack of cigs went..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It looks like it was an explosive device attached to gas pipes. A mobile phone and suspicious wiring.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 36m36 minutes ago

BREAKING. Phone attached to piping and wires was found on floor 5 of Sir Alex Ferguson stand.

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

twitter.com...^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Controlled explosion confirmed. Looks like they weren't taking any chances.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
It looks like it was an explosive device attached to gas pipes. A mobile phone and suspicious wiring.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 36m36 minutes ago

BREAKING. Phone attached to piping and wires was found on floor 5 of Sir Alex Ferguson stand.

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

twitter.com...^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This story does seem a bit strange to me.. if it were a real terrorist attempt, then surely this story would have got a lot more attention in the media?
If they did indeed find a phone as described, maybe it was some sort of idiotic joke from someone..

It just seems odd if a real attack was prevented and 70 something thousand people were saved, you would think it would be front page news on every outlet..

edit on 15/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join