It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vs Hillary....the coming battle.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's gonna be nasty. Even repugnant to many.

But necessary, I believe. Hopefully, unlikely, but hopefully we come out of it wiser and more diligent, even demanding in the over-all process.

edit on 15-5-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Everyone knows he will be called out for being on the corporate dole especially when so many held him above others for not doing it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: carewemust

It's gonna be nasty. Even repugnant to many.

But necessary, I believe. Hopefully, unlikely, but hopefully we come out of it wiser and more diligent, even demanding in the over-all process.

You're so right, NWTrucker! The candidate with the sleaziest, most unethical personal and professional history will be mentally destroyed. But I too hope that America will come out of this epic battle of the titans stronger, and wiser.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Call it semantics-and you will- I see much of presidential
donations to Trump as much 'anyone but Hillary' as "buying" him.

He's played his card as not 'bought' during this process and has won, in no small part, because of it. Everyone else was bought before hand....PERIOD.

I cannot honestly say he will stay unbought or he won't make some compromise as the goal becomes closer and even more tantalizing.

It may, in fact, be impossible to win without compromise. In which case, I will go with the guys who is LESS bought than the rest.

Incremental distinction? Yes. That's what we are down to and left with.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Semantics, no I won't call it that.

He played his audience and they bought his act. He will keep doing it and people will keep falling for it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Trump vs Hillary...
Where are all that suspicious terrorists when they are needed?
I bet even the "IS" would be awarded with the Nobel Peace Prize, if they would be the ones that would solve the worlds two biggest problems since George W Bush(for the people that think that the POTUS really has power, something to say, to decide).

When will the normal US citizens start a revolution? If they do, the rest of the western world will do, too!
And now it is one of the best times to start one, because the longer we all wait, the more ready the "Elites" will be, with their militarized police, their secret services, their surveillance programs, their killer drones, etc.

Now you could prevent the world from become even more evil, with such "leaders of the free world". None of both will work for you normal citizen in the US. They both work for themselves, their own, the greedy 1% that they are members of. Where are your militias, your minutemen, when they are needed?

Here in germany it is normal to wait till it is too late, ask your gradfathers, they had to help to free the world of that nazi scum. Because the germans did nothing, till it was too late. And then, later, everybody said:
Nobody could see it coming, we all knew nothing, we can´t be blamed.
Sure...

But now it seems it´s your turn, we all know it doesn´t matter if Killary or Trump(we all know they are only puppets, like every single politician in the whole world) will be "elected" by the people(if one still wants to believe that elections are free, unmanipulated and democratic), it´s the greedy system behind them that has to fall!

That ruling of multinational corporations, of billionaires, of family clans, of the military-industrlal complex, the secret services, that ruling of the rich and only because of that powerful. If people in the US would start, the whole western world would follow!

So don`t be germans!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Snarl

All of that revolves around the campaign or the campaign team, you cannot, for example, transfer your campaign funds to a personal account.

He can pay himself back with donations legally.

He has spent $317,000 of his own money on the campaign the other the rest of his personal spending is structured as a loan to the campaign, which now owes Trump $35.9 million.

He loaned himself money — as opposed to contributing it — with the idea that he would pay himself back.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Agreed, but that still does not create a profit as the other poster implied.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well no. He shouldn't be able to make a profit on it unless the money spent on the campaign was spent on his own products or services.

The money could always be funneled back into his own firms so that it is profitable.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Well no. He shouldn't be able to make a profit on it unless the money spent on the campaign was spent on his own products or services.

I can see that being a possibility for part of the funds (hats, shirts, etc.) but the majority would be going to typical campaign expenses.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hillary has raised so much money, but she is not paying some
of her bills. Why?

Police Frustrated with Clinton Campaign Over Unpaid Bills

whotv.com...

She did the same thing in 2008, stiffed people who
did work for her campaign.

Hillary Clinton Cash Strapped Leaves Campaign Bills Unpaid

But she is out buying handbags that cost 2,000.

edit on 15-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Don't forget his law firm, but most will go to travel, event space, advertising.

Travel he can recoup through his own services, but not space or advertising.

I read he spent $500K on those hats.lol

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Don't forget his law firm, but most will go to travel, event space, advertising.

Yes, the legal team will also be compensated from the campaign funds.

Travel he can recoup through his own services, but not space or advertising.

That is where the largest portion of the funds will go.

I read he spent $500K on those hats.lol

That seems low. I would have thought there would have been much more for apparel.

edit on 15-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you buy those kind of hats in bulk you can get them for less than a dollar.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The only reason Trump is raising funds is to personally enrich himself.

Campaign contributions can only be used for election purposes, either your own or someone else's.

Well, even with such standards there are loopholes.

AKA hiring an overpriced campaign promoter.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

But that only enriches the campaign promoter.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

All of that revolves around the campaign or the campaign team, you cannot, for example, transfer your campaign funds to a personal account.

He can pay himself back with donations legally.

He has spent $317,000 of his own money on the campaign the other the rest of his personal spending is structured as a loan to the campaign, which now owes Trump $35.9 million.

He loaned himself money — as opposed to contributing it — with the idea that he would pay himself back.

Sounds like a great idea.

Why doesn't hillary do that?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

But that only enriches the campaign promoter.

Unless a backdoor deal is made saying I hire you and pay you this much. You give me half of it back or i will hire the guy that will.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

For a guy with billions in assets I think splitting a campaign managers salary would be a lot of effort for a small return and too much risk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join