It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to begin spraying Marsh and Wetlands to Prevent Zika, West Nile, Mosquitoes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: rickymouse

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted new maps of the estimated range of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, and a related cousin, on its website. Instead of just being in the southern part of the country, the new maps show the range for Aedes aegypti (AYE'-dees uh-GYP'-tie) could extend into parts of the Midwest and Northeast.

Previous maps were about a dozen years old, and CDC officials describe the new ones as a best understanding of where the mosquitoes have been seen recently or previously — even though it's not clear if very many actually live in every spot shaded on the map. It's possible the range increased, or just that scientists have done a better job looking for them.

CDC Director Tom Frieden said the implication is "there are more places at risk than realize they're at risk, given where the mosquito is likely to be present."

www.usnews.com...

Yup, you look at the map on the link you gave and it pretty much excludes New York. Below that the numbers of the mosquitoes would be low because the eggs or mosquitoes can't survive the winters.

So why are they spraying New York?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

They seem top be rewriting basic entomology to suit. They would have been better off actually faking mosquito species distribution over the last few years instead of changing them after the fact. The whole thing was rushed.. that in itself could be a clue as to the whys. I originally thought the dtap vaccine or the pesticides would have to get the blame for the birth deformities but that would have been a huge corporate sacrifice by companies that have vested interest in both industries. It is possible they were just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

They could always get someone to release more GMO mosquitoes in early summer so the official story makes more sense...

edit on 15-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

JFK airport is built on a swamp. All the area around it are marshland, wetland, oceanfront or beach . Manhattan is an island. Brooklyn is on long island. Staten island ummm yeah another island. The mosquitos will carry away small children.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I grew up on long island. They sprayed for mosquitos from trucks every week when I was a kid. We would follow the truck on our bikes. Stupid yes. I don't remember when they stopped running the trucks. It was when I was still a kid.
I'm in Virginia now and they spray from the air but only once or twice during warm weather. We have the tiny tiger mosquito here.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Yeah I only wish that were true but there is a hugh mosquito problem in New York. Heck mosquitos are a problem in the Berkshire mountains of New England so I'm not getting the too cold in winter part. They don't seem to have any issues overwintering in the north east.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Sounds like the powers that be in NYC need to do some research on Zika viris, it's been around for years and harms few people. The claims made about its effect in Latin America was to create a fear culture in the amazon. This was done to try and drive people out of the Amazon region to try and retard the rate of forest clearing.

Either the authorities of NYC are victims of junk or false science to achieve a similar effect in relation to some matter or, they have nefarious reason for doing it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

There have been zika deaths. Few yes but there have been. But that said, it's the deformed babies that are a bigger concern. Death is its own sort of cure but life long physical disabilities are far worse.
I thought I had heard that mosquitos play no significant roll in the eco system. Let's eradicate them from the planet. I'd be happier. They ring the dinner bell when ever I go outside. Off is my perfume from June to November.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

They also carry west Nile virus which the title of the article and thread say.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Thanks. It's tough love but it needed to be said.
There is no elite plan to kill us. Stupidest conspiracy theory yet.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So shall we just ignore all of human history where they have done exactly that repetitively? What has changed to have such a dramatic difference in basic human nature?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah I only wish that were true but there is a hugh mosquito problem in New York. Heck mosquitos are a problem in the Berkshire mountains of New England so I'm not getting the too cold in winter part. They don't seem to have any issues overwintering in the north east.

We have a lot of mosquitoes here, but they can't harbor the zika virus so that isn't an issue here or in New York. They still bite, and there has been evidence that mosquitoes can possibly carry lyme disease. But We are talking about Zika virus mosquitoes. I suppose that the Government units in New York are taking advantage of Federal Funding extra money and using it to spray mosquitoes that are not even dangerous. Along with the mosquitoes dying, also earthworms and other beneficial bugs are dying. I sprayed a couple of years in my yard to get rid of mosquitoes and lost all the earthworms. I had to buy worms for fishing for at least fifteen years but finally I have them back again. Just the cost of buying worms cost me hundreds of dollars over the years, just because I fogged for three summers. It did not get rid of the mosquitoes for more than a couple of days each time. That was one of the stupidest things I did.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
An opportunity to try out a bit of Fun-Vax possibly?

As was done before using motor scooters and vehicles on village streets elsewhere in the world under the guise of mosquito control.

Or maybe this is totally legit. The infected Mosquito problem sure is blown out of the water as a MSM newsworthy article.

How 'bout that hole in one awhile back by Bru...Uh I mean Katelyn Jenner on the Ladies Golf Tourney. Now that's NEWS!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
They have been spraying in Florida for 40 years... it dampens the population but does not remove it.

Political bandaid is all it is..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

yes you probably had a pesticide helicopter spraying over your homes and cars to kill the mosquitoes they are doing that in florida as well. too bad about the dead birds and fish and the lagoons with all the dead fish and dolphins

top topics

<< 1   >>

join