It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you may need to know, or want to know about tornadoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

As we have already entered into Tornado Season throughout the plains, and other areas of the U.S., I though I'd share some links to assist anyone who is curious about "all things tornado". FAQs & Answers about tornados provided here:

www.spc.noaa.gov...

Also, for those who like meteorology, or storm chasing, have a read here (heavy with math formulas and weather science, also hypothesis):

www.flame.org...

I've grown up in Tornado Alley aware of severe weather my entire life. I've seen the mesocyclones forming directly over my head. Crazy, scary, cool. I just want to provide y'all with some literature for any questions, or to debunk misconceptions, that may save your or someone else's life.

edit on 14-5-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

I heard they suck.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
why does god hate the red states ?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Why bring ignorant partisan politics into a thread about tornados? Illinois is a blue State and we get a lot of tornados.

Me personally, I keep cordless power tools, a sledge hammer and a pick axe in my basement. My only fear of tornados is have my house collapse and being stuck in the basement.

I am usually outside with a beer and a camera though, so my little prepping won't do me any damn good!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

it was a joke

the true proof god hates the red states is obviously the heat

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

You're still off your mark, not only is Hellinois a blue State with tornados, it's hotter than hell too for 6 months of the year.

Maybe it's me? GOD HATES ME!!!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seems like no matter where you go, it’s always somethin’. Just take your pick; you want tonadoes? Or hurricanes? Or earthquakes? How about the occasional blizzard or ice storm? Where I live it’s more likely an earthquake will ruin my day than a tornado, and that suits me just fine.

The company I work for has divisions all over the place, and so I end up traveling a little more than I like. I live in So. Cal. and work for the LA Corp division, but get sent on temp software assignments from time to time all around the country. At any rate, I’ve been sent to our Huntsville, AL division numerous times for a variety of projects. They have tornadoes there. Not like in OK or TX, but often enough. I recall one week a few years ago when I was there it was an unusually active weather week. Nothing but big storms and occasional tornadoes. It was unreal. Within a 1 week period, I actually saw 2 tornadoes from a safe distance, and the place I was staying at was nearly hit by a tornado one night. The tornado was less than 1/2 mile away. All around the place the trees had blown down and it was a mess. I remember watching the local weather channel after work because there were touchdowns all around the area and it was getting pretty wild. Then an announcement came on the tube that a tornado had touched down at a particular location, and I thought, “Isn’t that really close to here?” Then suddenly the lights went out and I thought, “Oh God, I’m done for!!” I ran into a hallway to kiss my ass goodbye, but it wasn’t long before it was all over.

Like I said, I’ll risk an earthquake anytime, thank you. The power generated by a tornado is awesome.

If anyone’s interested, a couple storm chaser sites with streaming video are Severe Studios and Live Chasers.

Gotta go. Nice thread...

top topics

join