It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing a bell being rang during the night...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I believe that was Hemingway .

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You guys....
For whom the bell tolls was Hemingway.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another member on ATS wrote about hearing a bell in the middle of the night ...I think they lived in Texas on a remote farm. They said they head the bell , several nights Ina row, and then their dog was killed or something like that....I think ( if I remember correctly ) they were looking for advice on the supernatural and what it could be ? They were pretty freaked out if I remember correctly ....anyone else remember that post ? .....but I would guess some owns pet with a bell on collar....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Poe did do a poem about bells but I think it was more like jingle bells or tinkley bells.
A Tell Tale Heart was about a beating heart and The Raven was a knocking and was there one about a death watch beetle ticking in the wall?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

That almost sounds like one of those urban legends.
My mom swore she heard three knocks for three days in a row before her mother, my grandma died. Once on a window that couldn't be reached from outside. But she was nuts so...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Thanks for pointing that out, yes it was. It was then borrowed by Hemingway, Metallica and various others. Still a nice turn of phrase though.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That almost sounds like one of those urban legends.
My mom swore she heard three knocks for three days in a row before her mother, my grandma died. Once on a window that couldn't be reached from outside. But she was nuts so...

Maybe she wasn't nut....Maybe she really did hear knocking ? ...you see ghost hunters ,on TV, get ghosts to respond to them by knocking ( of course assuming it true and not set up for TV ratings ) .

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No she was nuts. Lol

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This might be weird and may sound like craziness if you don't believe in these things but have you ever thought of it being a ghost of a town crier? A town crier was a person employed to make public announcements in the streets or marketplace of a town usually wielding a hand bell. Just a thought

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I HEARD THIS SAME THING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE (I am not hearing things) what is it? It’s exactly like you described I am up late and hear a hand held bell outside my room!!! Then it stops and after a few minutes start!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aquamarine223
I HEARD THIS SAME THING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE (I am not hearing things) what is it? It’s exactly like you described I am up late and hear a hand held bell outside my room!!! Then it stops and after a few minutes start!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I always get real worried at them bells that rangs in the night!

Then again, come to find there's seldom anything to worry about, at least on the alien front or diabolical, inter-dimensional goings on. I had an aunt that also heard things, and it was just schizophrenia.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Heard the exact same thing twice. And this is definitely not psychological. Because I once heard it when I was with a friend filming a Halloween video, however that time we thought someone was just playing a prank on us since we were pretty close to civilization and could hear people talking nearby.

But the second time I was alone and heard the exact same noise coming from inside the woods, and this time I was just a few hundred metres from my house and very far away from civilization. The sound got closer and closer, eventually so close that I brought out my knife 'cus I thought someone was gonna jump me at any second. Then it slowly faded, stayed a bit further away for a while, and then it sounded like it charged away.

The thing to be noted is that both times it was before 6 am and after 2 am.

Oh, and btw... The first time the sound was heard when we played back the video we recorded we could hear it there too.
edit on 2-11-2018 by TDF1917 because: Grammatical error

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bells are sometimes used to rid homes of negative energy. Might have been that if it happened once, then possibly again at a later interval and then ceased.

Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The other night about 2:00 am my husband and my son and I heard a hand held bell ringing and stopping for about twenty minutes. Next morning we asked our neighbors if they heard the bell ringing and no one else did !

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider

I've heard ringings before, most were background effects, but some, only a few were incomprehensible. For instance, high pitched pulses, atypical to what most perceive as ringing, or constant tone. I believe most of my experiences with these tones were purely physical overload of my eardrums in natural occurrences.

All said and explained by my comprehension, lacking albeit; I've heard another odd sound. I was falling asleep about a month back, and I was stirred by something in my pre deep sleep. As I was coming to, I heard and felt in my ears, to the best I can describe, a pop, much like the pop of a champagne cork in my right ear.

My wife was on bookface and I was just lying there, fully aware of my perception. No champagne corks flying, no reaction from my wife to any noise. But I surely heard and felt it; I felt the pressure pop. It didn't hurt, but it was loud.

So yeah, ringing, constant high pitched or low pitched tones, and pressures, including popping noises. I can relate. What I cannot yet understand is the why, or better said upon my typing, is why specifically then?

Either:
1. you had wax build-up in the ear you rest on the pillow when you sleep and the release in pressure of air when you shifted your head caused wax to dislodge, vibrating the ear drum and making a popping sound, or
2. your astral body, which separates from your body when you sleep, dropped suddenly back into it when you became conscious, causing this popping sound.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Tumor maybe? Could be nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join