It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At the Air Force Museum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I haven't been to that museum in 20 years.
Lots of changes I see. Time to plan a trip.

We hit the air museum near dulles and the new England air museum in Connecticut in the last few years and both are very nice.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Nikon D3200. Most of the pictures were using my Nikor 18-55 VR, the ones of the new hangar were the Nikor 55-200 VR.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Alright, I don't see any pictures of the Strawberry Bitch nor any of the POW's crafts. And didn't say Hey since you were in my area...Trump says you're fired.

But seriously, I haven't gone in years I need to go again sometime and maybe hit up the Dayton Art Museum as well. And a trip to Columbus for COSI and the Ohio Historical Society. Tons of places that need hitting up actually. Fort Ancient, Ohio Caverens and Serpent Mound are day trips as well.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thank you, the quality is amazing!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Like I said, this is a tiny fraction of what I have. Strawberry is in there too. I may add more in a few days but the idea of resizing these is scary. Heh.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If you live in Ohio, Ceder Point, I fly there every summer and I don't care about the lines. It rocks. Well Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That rocks also.
edit on 5 13 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Cost was pretty good too. Was under $500 for the camera and the small lens, and like $250 for the bigger. I'm getting a 55-300 in a month or so for my summer trip.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That is a great price! Your new lens will be great. Your photo quality is amazing!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Too bad you couldn't get to see the Experimental and Presidential stuff up close. That stuff is definitely worth going back for. I spent a full day there and got to see everything but still want to go back to see it again.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Great shots, hope you share some more close ups. Was really hoping you were just baiting us for the xb-70.

Have you, or anyone for that matter, ever been to the Museum of Aviation in Warners Robbins, GA? I was thinking of making the trip.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The New England museum is worth it for the VS-44 alone. It was the smallest of the clippers, but it's still the only one left.

Dulles is my go-to, and it absolutely never gets old.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Cheers man. Awesome bit of kit.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hey zaph, i live off blue angel pkwy about 10 mins from the museum and 10 mins from perdido key beach ^...^ hit me up next time you head down sir

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Is just me...or does the tail camo paint on the tail of that Messerschmitt Komet (2nd image down) look eerilly like a young boy screaming?

Creepy.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You're right, it does look like a young boy's face. Could just be pareidolia and not deliberately intended.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Deffo accidental i would have said...just thought it was strange and kind of prophetic of the misery of the time...you know?
edit on 14 5 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Badgered1

It's a Spit, stripped down for the reconnaissance role, flown by the US Army.

Aha, I wondered if it was a Spit. The colour scheme got me. I wonder how many Komets even still exist? Maddest concept ever.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That is a great museum. We were last there 2 years ago and spent 2 days there. We will be back after the move is completed.

I haven't been to the DIAS since the mid 90s. That was the first time I saw the X-29 in person.

Airventure is a good airshow as well. Just took my two kids and my nephew this last year after a few years hiatus. We didn't go to the museum this trip, but it is only a few hours away and were just there a few years ago. Great kids section.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you ever are traveling down Interstate 80 through Nebraska, I recommend you stop by the Strategic Air Command Museum. I took by two boys last year and they had an absolute blast. Not to mention the SR-71 hanging from the ceiling as you walk into the building. When I was younger, everything was outside on an unused landing strip. Now, they built two massive buildings to house everything and left a Atlas Missile to greet you as you walk up to the building. Their website is Here:
edit on 1pmMon, 16 May 2016 15:57:49 -0500p57369 by warpig69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1pmMon, 16 May 2016 16:01:34 -0500p01469 by warpig69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

That's another one I want to hit. We're going to start hitting them as we make time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join