It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had Jesus practiced Judaism, Jews wouldn't have killed him

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Think about it

I showed fast that I don't appreciate swann in this thread

He is usually pro zio, pro war, good at excuses etc

Instead of joining me in defending Jesus. You always shy away from conflict

I say to you make a stand

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh, I am pro-war now, am I?

Seven Logical Reasons to Be Pacifist

Written by me.

Enjoy.

PS: the fact that I have my name written in hebraic over my avatar does not mean I am "pro-zionist", just like you writing in english doesn't mean that you are pro-Nixon.

edit on 13-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobDoleEh
You always shy away from conflict

That comment would not be endorsed by some of the posters on my own threads ("You defend your thread snarlingly", complained Michael Cecil).
I try to fight where appropriate and offer explanations where appropriate.
I think I've done what I can on this particular thread.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BobDoleEh

How do you feel about gays?

Since we are Christian and all...

Come on, say it...
edit on 13-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Stop being slaves to Zionism

Jesus was not a Jew

Had he practised Judaism they would not have killed him

Romans killed him at request of other Elite Jews

Yeah

He was such a good little Jew he had to die by torture, what a fine loyal practising Jew he was

Zionism was invented in Germany, nearly 2,000 years after Jesus walked the Earth as a man.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Jesus was not a Jew

Yeah

He was such a good little Jew he had to die by torture, what a fine loyal practising Jew he was

What are your views on the fact that there are Jews who denounce Zionism?

What are your views on the existence of the Jews for Jesus organisation?

edit on 13/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Can you point to any historical sources that say he even existed
and more importantly for the sake of your thread "that he died by the Romans at the request of the Jews"
Will be waiting

There are many historical sources that say He existed. The problem is that they are usually classified immediately by many "scholars" as religious writings. Even enemies of Christianity, like Tacitus, make mention of Jesus and His followers.

Or are you suggesting that a movement, that spread beyond the Roman world in less than 60 years, and for which many of those who claimed to have seen Jesus and laid down their lives in defense of that fact, was all based upon nothing?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: swanne

Tell me your motivation and ill tell you mine

I am long time lurker I know everybody on ATS

Really, a long time lurker, your account was created today?

Perhaps you are that guy who keeps getting banned and then creates another new logon?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
That if Jesus isnt himself a roman invention.

Why would the Romans invent Jesus and then spend hundreds of years (unsuccessfully) trying to wipe out all traces? And why did it start out from Jerusalem from a subjugated race? Surely if the Romans wanted to start a religion, they had a whole pantheon of "Rome friendly" ones to choose from.

I don't think they were that foolish.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No. A thousand times No. Jesus was a Jew. He thought the Jewish leadership of the time had gone astray in much the same way as Luther thought the Pope and official Catholic Church had gone astray, more interested in accumulating gold to decorate the churches rather than the actual church teachings. The Jewish leadership was walking a fine line between keeping power themselves while appeasing the Roman occupation. And they grew rich as a result.

Put another way, he was like a UAW union leader who was angry that the UAW leadership seems to be in bed with the management of GM and Ford, to the detriment of the workers. And, just like many protesters today, he hated the bankers (moneylenders) and the corrupt way in which they managed conversions from foreign money into official Jewish money so that it could be used to pay tithes at the Temple. He thought the entire system was corrupt. When he "made his move" he didn't go kick a Centurion in the shins, he overturned the moneylender's tables. They complained to the Jewish leadership who then complained to the Roman occupational governor, Pilate, that something had to be done.

That's how the whole thing went down. Jesus was more Jewish than the Jewish leadership, and the popularity of his movement scared the Jewish leadership enough to arrange for his demise.
edit on 5/13/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the first five books of the old testament are the jewish torah.

christianity is nothing more than a spin off from judaism, which makes it hard to understand why some christians and muslims hate jews so much.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jesus wasn't a jew because he was Galilean from Galilea, jew wasn't a word or a thing at the time ( I mean in this context obviously those sounds were probably used somewhere). He might have been called judean to say he was from the tribe of Judah but I doubt it. He was raised in the judaic religion, however it was really practiced back then. But yeah. He wasn't a millennial either. Just accept he was a fellow ape if he existed and we can all go have ice cream.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Had he practiced Judaism, he wouldn't have been Jesus ...

Aha, you just rocked my boat.... Regardless of the OP remarks and Zionists which make no sense.
You just said, " he wouldn't have been Jesus" I take it you mean that as being the biblical Jesus.

I read some of Philo and Josephus, (in the English, and not as a scholar of language) but Flavius Josephus does mention of John the Baptist, and very few scholars if any disagree that Josephus had knowledge of John the Baptist at least by his writings, and that given there is much in what is supposed to have been Josephus's writings are elaborations by others.
The thing about Josephus is that he was an interloper, or simply went over to the Roman side as a something better to be, who knows? However, his writing about John the Baptist clearly puts him into the realm of knowledge of Christian followers, and their leader.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's how the whole thing went down. Jesus was more Jewish than the Jewish leadership, and the popularity of his movement scared the Jewish leadership enough to arrange for his demise.

You are absolutely correct The entire Sanhedrin and temple authority was bought and paid for by the highest bidder. Not by Judaic forefathers but through the Sadducees who believed nothing of the prophets. As also DISREALI said, it was Jesus who tried to bring the people back to the Creator.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Im pretty sure that history shows the Romans killed him....

but yeah... carry on! this is entertaining!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
[

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There are many good reasons not to be slaves to zionism, but this is not one of them.
Jesus was certainly a Jew ethnically.

This is incorrect.Yahoshua was not a Jew ethnically because the Jews are not a race. A Jew are those that practice the religion of Judaism.The Israelites are not even technically a race.Yes I am very aware of what Paul and Revelation says about being a Jew.

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Yes, there was a clash between the teaching of Jesus and the Jewish religion as it was currently being practised, but arguably this was because he was doing it better. He was trying to take them back to the original roots.

This is incorrect .Yahoshua did not practice or teach Judaism nor was he attempting to teach better than the religious Jews.He defied the religious Jewish leaders all the time and that’s the main reason they had to murder him.Yahoshua never stated he was trying to take them(the Jews) back to their original roots that is 100% unsupported speculation and hyperbole alla Donald Trump wanting to make America “great again".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This is a forum for conspiracies in religion not blind religious following.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Basically, if he had gone along to get along (practicing Judaism the way the rest of the Jews were comfortable with), he wouldn't have been the nail that stuck out and got hammered.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Judean and Jewish are not the same ....Even many scholars cannot accept this fact.

Zionists Pharisees Sanhedrin and The Holy Roman Empire are all the same and still very much alive

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Jesus was not a Jew

Yeah

We are all frustrated by the zionist agenda, but do not respond with such hate - Jesus turned the other cheek and he was the one being tortured! Jesus fulfilled countless prophecies, demonstrating his authenticity as the Messiah, and established the new covenant (conquering death and acquiring life eternal) for all who are genuine God-seekers in this new era. Jesus predicted the sanguinary zionist movement and referred to them as the synagogue of satan - calling them "Those who claim to be Jews, although they are not". If these zionists knew the truth of the Christ, they would realize that the kingdom of Heaven is within, and attempts to inhabit the physical land called Israel is a futile attempt at finding the Tree of Life

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why would the Romans invent Jesus and then spend hundreds of years (unsuccessfully) trying to wipe out all traces? And why did it start out from Jerusalem from a subjugated race? Surely if the Romans wanted to start a religion, they had a whole pantheon of "Rome friendly" ones to choose from.

I don't think they were that foolish.

Ha! Very Good point sir. I'll put that in my pocket for the next time someone says Jesus was invented as a religious control mechanism.
edit on 13-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join