It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid liberals.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think that is an extremist view on the laws quite honestly. Regardless this is a completely ridiculous debate. Republicans and democrats all suck. Not the average American but they are to easily influenced. The politicians. I have said it before and I will say it again. None of them care one little bit about ANY Americans.

The fact that this is being debated at all is stupid. I wish I could eloquently state it but I can't. I am sadly completely average in my intelligence. What are we being distracted from? I can almost guarantee those greedy folks in DC have us looking at this issue so closely for a reason.

What do I know though? I am just a dumb blonde.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with you....wholeheartedly. But, ignoring it gives those folks passing these laws power to do it unchallenged. Then what is next on their agenda?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What is on their current agenda is more than just crapper laws.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YachiruKusajishi

Your guess is as good as mine. But this thread is about this issue, front and center whether we like it or not. Bad laws should be repealed. But they cannot if they are not challenged.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This whole situation is over blown hoopla because some SJW thought they should demand rights that were already understood by common sense.

If you looked like a Dude you went to the dudes Room, If you looked like a lady you went to the ladies room, Even the most Butch of Lesbians still looked like ladies... By that standard a trans male to female would use the ladies room when he had gotten to the point that he was no longer confused for a he. and same for a trans female to male who got the goatee. You go to the dang room where it looks right going in the door. Common Sense. The only people this would be a problem for are the Pats out there and those are rare at best... And common sense also until the addapiece to me surgery is finished a trans female to male would still sit in the private stall on the crapper. And honestly the recipient of a wangdecktomy would be a sitter as was. Who in their right mind are going to be opening stall doors to look for a piece or a pie?

That pretty much was the common sense thing before laws had to be forced.

All the forcing laws thing does is create bitterness toward the SJW's that are pushing an issue that was honestly a Non-Issue.

And as I said before if I go into the guys room and there is a Knock out with a 36c rack at the Urinal Standing there taking a piss I know I had better be at a DAMN good Drag queen review.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I agree with you....wholeheartedly. But, ignoring it gives those folks passing these laws power to do it unchallenged. Then what is next on their agenda?

I'm not saying ignore it, ignoring it would be allowing these idiotic laws to pass without question. Look, if we want to get all paranoid over something as mundane as a bathroom, there's a bigger issue at hand than just gender-shared building areas. There's something buried deep in the American psyche we need to address, and sharing potties isn't on that radar.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Which is why earlier I asked that deeper question but got no answers.....none.

a reply to: deadlyhope

Why not admit the REAL reason for the objection? Since raping ANYONE is already illegal, let's take that off the table as it is covered by existing laws. Next it comes down to a man, for discussion sake a decent man, entering the ladies room to simply empty his bladder. He poses no threat, he is merely in there to manage a natural bodily function.

What is the objection, when the stall walls will prevent anyone from seeing his private parts?

Honestly, what is the objection?

BTW: This equally applies to a woman needing to use a man's bathroom for the same reason (keeping in mind that peeping and raping is already illegal).

edit on 5/13/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I know, I asked something similar regarding my friend grabbed outside the women's room. She was dragged into & raped in the men's room. The point goes over everyone's heads every single time I've shared that, be it online or in person. If someone is going to rape another, the figure on the bathroom door designating gender is meaningless to them. They WILL rape their target, where they please. Segregated bathrooms did NOT prevent my friend from being a victim.

Quick edit: I think, psychologically, the uproar over both genders in the same bathroom is very possibly the subconscious adult equivalent of "EEK! COOTIES!" Highly juvenile when you step back and think about the myriad of justification excuses given.
edit on 5/13/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I can link you a million links on girls being raped in places where it's easy, convenient, private.

Yeah all those rapes you'll cite are done by people the victim probably knows...
You're making it seem like trans-gendered people are hyper-sexual monsters who rape whom ever and when ever they enter a public bathroom. Seriously lay off the Rush and Alex Jones for awhile before you eventually lose yourself...

Can you link me even one showing a country that has allowed big hairy men into whatever restroom they want, and it didn't cause any issues ever?

France has some unisex public bathrooms,everyone gets a stall and there's never been any reported problems.
I also believe some universities in the states have coed bathrooms as well...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Obama just stated that trans people have the right to use the bathroom of their choice in schools. All they have to do is say they are transgender.

Why is he painting a target on these Transgenders backs. I would bet that a lot of them will be getting murdered now. They could just require all schools to put in single either sex bathrooms like the ones they have in many stores. They can be used by anyone who wants to use them and are private. Two or three unisex bathrooms would not be that expensive.

Obama is stimulating conflict, we will find more of these people with their throats cut. I know people, when they are forced to have this shoved down their throat, a few of them will solve the problem in their local area. They should just require schools to have some unisex bathrooms and not fire things up. This is a way to divide the people but this will make people who do not want to get involved get involved. I wouldn't feel right being in a bathroom with a woman, I have been taught that this should not happen. I probably would just leave the bathroom if a woman dressed as a guy came in, not because I am prejudice, but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a leak in front of a strange woman. Now if they already had a sex change, that is different, they are no longer their original sex.

I am also seeing people choosing their child's sex when they are about four or five years old, switching their sex to the oposite sex. That kid has his own choice, when he is much older. What if he wants to be a boy later, parents pushing the kid into becoming a transvestite when young is not right. Sure kids will sometimes say they wish they were of the other sex, that could just be a phase. Let them get old enough to choose for themselves. I think these people who push kids into being different need to be put on some serious meds because they are delusional. There are feminine guys and there are tomboys, there is no need to change your sex when a kid is young. When they get to school, they hang around with who they get along with, parents do not have to force these kids to make a change they might later not want.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

And what if you have no birth certificate? Or were not born in the U.S.? Does it come down to the sex listed on your drivers license / ID card?

As far as I know, the only factor upon which restroom access is based is the birth certificates that nobody ever carries on their person. Ideally, if North Carolina insists on this bathroom silliness, the law should be changed to use a legal, state issued ID instead.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wouldn't feel right being in a bathroom with a woman, I have been taught that this should not happen. I probably would just leave the bathroom if a woman dressed as a guy came in, not because I am prejudice, but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a leak in front of a strange woman. Now if they already had a sex change, that is different, they are no longer their original sex.

Thank for your honesty in explaining the true reason (for you). I am sure you are not alone, and I feel comfortable speculating that this is the majority reason behind the resistance. It is a valid reason, to a point. I'll bet before the 60's white people felt the same way about sharing the restroom with a black person. It was what they were taught was wrong, and not "normal". Lots of claims of rape if that happened, and fear mongering. Guess what, integration happened and (with few exceptions) the doom and gloom never occurred.

I think those fighting so vehemently against this need to take a very close look at themselves, and try to learn from history that times do change. Change is frightening for some, but it needs to be tempered with understanding that the "other" is a human as well. And simply try to treat them as such. Then we can all focus on watching what the other hand is doing, TOGETHER, and not distracted by the fear of the day.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I hate rush and Alex Jones both.

Damn it all, I don't dislike Trans people at all..

I dislike pedophiles and pervs.

Think more fat hairy gross man that identifies as a straight male and less an androgenic person with an inner conflict. I am okay with the second choosing, I'm not okay with a big bearded man saying "I feel pretty today" and following teen girls into changing rooms and bathrooms.

Sexual predators are hyper sexual monsters, and being able to choose any restroom at any time will help them gain access to, essentially, a new parking lot, or alley or whatever other areas are known for such crimes.

Coed and unisex bathrooms wouldn't be as big a deal because then that'd be the norm, everyone would use them.. . Double the traffic into one communal restroom, full size stalls for privacy for everyone.

I still think bathrooms are just fine how they've always been. Nothing needs to change.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So schools Florida was not just told they have to allow everyone into whatever restroom they want?

Doesn't sound like conservatives want that. Only crazy liberals want hormonal teenage boys to have free and unrestricted access to all areas meant for woman.

Regardless, I don't think any laws should be made, things were just fine. We just have a tool of a president, and other politicians that love to pit people against each other while the serious issues go less noticed.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Can you, or anyone in this entire forum explain to me why this would not open up an easy access area for sexual predators?

Areas that were previously closed off to them. We should really let big bearded men go into a ladies restroom unquestioned?

People that break laws and do terrible crimes break them as easily as possible. That's why more rapes are in empty car garages, and in homes by people known rather than in home invasions for instance. It's tougher to break into a house... Such activity might be reported or gather attention before the sex crime.

A big bearded guy walking into a girls changing room or bathroom is the same. Currently, many people take issue with such things, making it harder for the predator to use this as a place to commit such crimes. Liberals bring this up all the time, that bathroom rape is not extremely common, yet they provide no logical train of thought to explain why predators wouldn't just love this new opportunity, a place where they could wait until it was just themselves and one other girl..

Tell me, logically, why that would not happen more often if they were given free access to all areas previously deemed private?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You're completely missing the point.

I'm not calling trans people sexual predators.

I'm calling sexual predators, sexual predators.

Give me one reason they wouldn't benefit from being given access to all areas previously deemed abnormal and overall not okay and against the law.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Because they already have free access to it... there isn't people guarding the door. You mention empty parking lots or it happening by people you know. I would bet those happen when the person and the attacker are alone somewhere, how does any law make it easier for a predator to find some one who is alone?
If no one sees you follow someone in somewhere, what does it matter if they are able to question you.
Or do you think these big bearded men are going to a school during the middle of lunch and attacking people?
edit on thSat, 14 May 2016 01:30:33 -0500America/Chicago520163380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Text

Text

did you miss this from the poster above?

"If someone is going to rape another, the figure on the bathroom door designating gender is meaningless to them. They WILL rape their target, where they please. Segregated bathrooms did NOT prevent my friend from being a victim. "

do you think a rapist is really going to go through the trouble of dressing like a women to "legally" enter a women's bathroom to "illegally" rape someone??? seriously, think about it..

edit on 14-5-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Maybe so, but are you sure they'd have to dress like a woman? Why couldn't a big guy in construction clothing claim that's his work outfit, he's feeling rather feminine, and be protected to use that room? Why couldn't any outfit pass? T shirt and jeans aren't exactly masculine

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Can you give me one good reason why we shouldn't ban men from parking garages? Wouldn't that virtually eliminate the chances of rape in empty parking garages?

Or why shouldn't we ban men from the public men's room? That would virtually eliminate the chances of a young boy being molested by a male pedophile in the men's room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join