It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Have you been listening to any of the concerns anyone has addressed here at all? Of course you haven't silly me.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

It's the far religious right who'd like to see all women in burqas - can't have 'em showing any skin to the menfolk. People have penises and vaginas - shocking!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Forcing one's daughter to share a bathroom with a pervert is pretty authoritarian.

a reply to: Ohanka

Time to stop this "gender identity" madness. Gender coincides with biological sex. Some people can be deformed and need surgery, all others are mental illness. These people need professional help, not "acceptance".

and here we have it. It's not really about fears of sexual assault, nor is really about creeping authoritarianism (though, let's get real — telling people which restroom to use is about as authoritarian as it gets), it's about disgust for trans people.

In other news, as DBCowboy pointed out:

How were transgendered people going to the bathroom last week, last month, last year?

They've been going to the restroom of their choice all along and the "illicit photography industry" didn't boom because of it, sexual assaults in restrooms committed by trans people haven't ever been an issue and the world has kept spinning along just like it always has.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Um, yeah, I guess I'm a bit more in touch with reality than some.
I remember what it was like in school.

If you think for one minute kids will not take advantage of this, your mistaken. As I posted above, if the schools fixed the bathrooms, then hey, no problem.

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Kids try to take advantage of lots of things. That's why you have rules and consequences for breaking those rules. If a kid tries to sneak into the girls shower so he can get a peak, he'll get caught and he will get punished - just like before.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: kaylaluv

Um, yeah, I guess I'm a bit more in touch with reality than some.
I remember what it was like in school.

If you think for one minute kids will not take advantage of this, your mistaken. As I posted above, if the schools fixed the bathrooms, then hey, no problem.

Yeah won't take long for some horny kid to figure out he can put on tights to flash all the girls in the bathroom between every class.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

We do understand your concern but this issue is overblown. It's a manufactured fear from the far right. It was never an issue for years.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is what happens when school districts decide to decide how bathrooms are used:
CNN

It's an unimaginable horror. A 14-year-old girl with special needs allegedly was raped at school after a teacher's aide persuaded her to act as bait to catch an accused sexual predator, a fellow student. "It has essentially devastated her life," attorney Eric Artrip -- who represents the girl and her father -- said of the alleged January 2010 incident.

They sent her into a boys bathroom, as bait.
It worked.
With less than wonderful results.

link   

What I find so amazing about this whole kerfuffle is numbers involved.

"Census economist Benjamin Cerf Harris looked at people who’d changed their names to those typically associated with the opposite gender and/or registered a different sex with the Social Security Administration (SSA). Harris found that since the SSA began in 1936, 135,367 people have altered their name to one of the opposite gender and a little more than 30,000 have changed their sex accordingly. Of those who’d participated in the 2010 census, nearly 90,000 had changed their name and 21,883 had changed their sex, too."

See: nymag.com...

So, we're talking about maybe as low as 0.3 to as high as 0.5% of the population of the US?

Only in a country as incredibly wealthy as the US could be spending this much time and money worrying about accommodations for .5% of the population.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You are no longer an individual.
You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual. You are no longer an individual.

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I guess some people don't get it. It's not the transgenders, that people worry about, its the damn pedophiles and perverts who will take advantage of this now being a norm, and doing something. Yes, they can attempt it now, but a mother with a child sees a man dressed like a woman in the bathroom, she calls the cops, maces them, or whatever. Once this other crap passes, after a while they won't even think twice about it.

Forcing this crap on kids? who are just discovering hormones? Who are being forced to identify in 1st grade? Yeah, thats not going to end well.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's funny because that's all I'm hearing from all the snowflakes here who are freaking out. Omergerd! Child abuse! Authoritarianism! World's gonna end! Blah blah blah

Don't worry, when Trump gets in and appoints judges all this PC crap will get broomed back into the closet where it belongs. Things like this will be left up to local school boards and these illegal executive actions that bypass Congress will be properly deemed unconstitutional.

link   
I'm gonna start taking dumps in the women's bathroom. If confronted I'll lie and say I'm transgendered.

Just a joke obviously, but really how are they gonna prove otherwise?
edit on 13-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ha ha, Trump thinks transgenders should be able to go to whatever bathroom they want to.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

I understand but the law changes nothing. Perverts don't care about laws.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

This is what happens when school districts decide to decide how bathrooms are used:
CNN

It's an unimaginable horror. A 14-year-old girl with special needs allegedly was raped at school after a teacher's aide persuaded her to act as bait to catch an accused sexual predator, a fellow student. "It has essentially devastated her life," attorney Eric Artrip -- who represents the girl and her father -- said of the alleged January 2010 incident.

They sent her into a boys bathroom, as bait.
It worked.
With less than wonderful results.

That's a rather large jump to make. A teacher's aide comes up with an idea that culminated in the rape of a student and suddenly that gets turned in to "this is what happens when school districts get to decide!"

That's a head scratcher.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd
I'm gonna start taking dumps in the women's bathroom. If confronted I'll lie and say I'm transgendered.

Have people started marrying their toasters yet?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: amicktd

Have people started marrying their toasters yet?

I'm sure some whacko has, what are you getting at?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join