It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS from MiddleInitial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In 2001 I worked at (now-defunct) Tower Records. Sometime in either June or July, I was hanging out with a coworker and her boyfriend, the latter of whom introduced me to the lore of the Illuminati and the NWO, and he specifically claimed that "something big was going to happen soon". (He was a big hip-hop fan, if that helps ballpark the specific cultural slant on the narrative for you.)

I was just shy of 20 at the time, and I told him in one fashion or another that I didn't believe in his boogeyman. I think I told him that I didn't want to spend my life worrying about stuff like that, and I must've specifically used the phrase "I just want a simple life": after the towers fell in New York a short time later, I saw the boyfriend for a moment outside the Tower store and he smugly asked me, "Where's your simple life now?" I'll never forget it. It changed my worldview, for better or worse, overnight.

That's how I got into reading the sorts of material offered here at ATS. (Admittedly, these days I'm more interested in other things and don't really give the Illuminati or NWO much of a sniff.) I was certainly browsing here in 2010 but it very well could extend several years earlier. I joined because there are several members who, for various reasons, I've come to respect and I'd like to interact with them wherever I can insinuate myself appropriately.

I don't have any remarkable expertise in anything, and ironically will probably not contribute to the sorts of threads I like reading most, because they coincidentally are usually over my head. However, I have many times enjoyed simply reading the general chit-chat and that seems to be where I can fit in.

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself and how I've ended up here. That's it then.
edit on 13-5-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Added two words

edit on 13-5-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Took away one letter

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Pretty cool story, that moment when you realize that there really are unseen forces influencing our society it can change your whole outlook.

Welcome!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ahoy welcome aboard !

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I had a shocking moment related to 9/11 as well. Without 9/11 how many would even see anything at all??

Then of course in the army my commanders talked about attacking Syria before they went for Iran. "Don't worry guys if you miss the Iraq war we have more in store for you." Basically..

I actually don't talk about these things anymore.
Your most likely to find me in general chit chat these days.

Welcome new friend.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Tower Records and Twin Towers!

Twin Records???

Welcome to the place MiddleInitial!

Have fun wandering the halls! And hop into the conversations as you see fit.

Here is a tip: If you are in a thread and see “reply to” and some text and wonder what the heck they are talking about, hit the “reply to” and you get to see the post being responded to pop up in a small window! That is one advantage of membership!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hey. Welcome. I know it's a little late and we've talked some already. Good to have you here. Hope you stick 'round!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you for the tip and for a warm welcome. I have pondered the coincidence of the towers in NYC and the fact that I was working at Tower Records...not in a tinfoil hat way, just a "hehe isn't that odd?" way.

I have noticed that some replies have multiple quotation boxes in them broken up by text typed by the responder. How does one make that happen? To clarify, I know how to do a simple quotation by tapping the quotation mark button and deleting unwanted text (if desired), but how can I insert multiple quotations into one reply? I do virtually 100% of my ATSing from a mobile phone, if that helps.

Thanks and cheers!

top topics

join