It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, God Here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: TefarimCanin

a reply to: chr0naut

If God can have Sons and a begotten Son, who are all his descendants and divine, aren't we as well divine?

Not yet.

We are still in the process of being made in God's image.

Our DNA is divine. We are conscious of one world now but I am sure there are many, all children of one First Creator. Genetically, not magically.

"My Spirit shall not dwell in man forever."

God; Book of Genesis

Our spirits are His Spirit.

Our DNA is a chemical, deoxyribonucleic acid, a chemical shared in common with every single living thing on the Earth.

Analyzing things rationally, consider that I dwell in my house, therefore my spirit dwells in my house. That doesn't make my house human.

Aside from that, the direct translation of Genesis 6:3 is: Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive and remain with man forever, because he is indeed flesh; nevertheless his days shall yet be a hundred and twenty years.”

Yes, God did say "Let Us create man in Our image". Firstly, an image is not a duplicate of something, it is something that looks like something else. A photograph of me has my image but I am hardly colored pigments on a paper backing.

You are also suggesting that this process of creation "in God's image" has completed. Going on the observed state of affairs we aren't 'there' yet and so, rationally, this creation process, guiding us to a higher state, is ongoing.

What you said requires the same comment I just said... again.

Image was your chosen word

Don't get flimsy on the definition just because the Bible doesn't back you up.

A creation in your image remains in your image. All life is divine because God is Life and Life is God.

A photograph remains a photograph, so what?

God created life. God is greater than, and different to, life.

Is God alive?

Probably not by our definitions of life.

God would not need to respire and would therefore not have a metabolism.

We have no reason to believe that God would regulate internal processes to keep them in balance (homeostasis).

God need not be made of cells or of any particular physical structure.

God would not need to adapt to any environment.

Nor would God reproduce (or have need of reproduction).

But He has been called "the Living God" (Jeremiah 10:10, Deuteronomy 5:26, Joshua 3:10, Matthew 26:36, 1 Timothy 3:15, Hebrews 3:12, Hebrews 12:22, Isiah 57:15, Daniel 4:34, Daniel 12:7, Revelation 10:6, Revelation 15:7, John 6:57, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Matthew 16:16, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Daniel 6:26, Daniel 6:20, Romans 9:26, Hosea 1:10 and many many other references.

So, I'll go with living but not by our definitions of biological life.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Who cares if I worded it differently, that doesn't constitute a misquote.

Same principle. He made us, he is God, we are divine.

End of story.

... and I suppose when you get drunk after a big night and are stumbling home, that that is another proof that you are god, because you are "moving in mysterious ways".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If God can have Sons and a begotten Son, who are all his descendants and divine, aren't we as well divine?

Not yet.

Our DNA is divine. We are conscious of one world now but I am sure there are many, all children of one First Creator. Genetically, not magically.

God; Book of Genesis

Our DNA is a chemical, deoxyribonucleic acid, a chemical shared in common with every single living thing on the Earth.

Analyzing things rationally, consider that I dwell in my house, therefore my spirit dwells in my house. That doesn't make my house human.

Aside from that, the direct translation of Genesis 6:3 is: Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive and remain with man forever, because he is indeed flesh; nevertheless his days shall yet be a hundred and twenty years.”

Yes, God did say "Let Us create man in Our image". Firstly, an image is not a duplicate of something, it is something that looks like something else. A photograph of me has my image but I am hardly colored pigments on a paper backing.

You are also suggesting that this process of creation "in God's image" has completed. Going on the observed state of affairs we aren't 'there' yet and so, rationally, this creation process, guiding us to a higher state, is ongoing.

A creation in your image remains in your image. All life is divine because God is Life and Life is God.

Is God alive?

We have no reason to believe that God would regulate internal processes to keep them in balance (homeostasis).

But He has been called "the Living God" (Jeremiah 10:10, Deuteronomy 5:26, Joshua 3:10, Matthew 26:36, 1 Timothy 3:15, Hebrews 3:12, Hebrews 12:22, Isiah 57:15, Daniel 4:34, Daniel 12:7, Revelation 10:6, Revelation 15:7, John 6:57, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Matthew 16:16, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Daniel 6:26, Daniel 6:20, Romans 9:26, Hosea 1:10 and many many other references.

Is all that you know of "God" what you read in the bible?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So who created the dimension you popped into existence to before you existed?

But I see that you are making fewer spelling mistakes than yesterday, so I will give you a gold star for effort.

Kev

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Not yet.

God; Book of Genesis

Is God alive?

Is that all you assume you know of what I know of God, from a post on ATS?

Yes, I do rely a lot on scriptural revelation to frame my thoughts about God. That IS the point of the Bible, to reveal God and His plan to mankind.

But really, with my interest in Cosmology, I come across questions about God all the time and have to explore them rigorously with all tools I can muster (knowledge of the physical sciences, mathematics and accumulated religious writings [not only Christian]).

I can put actual numbers and magnitudes upon things that most have little conception of. It gives an appreciation of scale and grants a degree of certitude in those things which i can know.

This gives a different perspective than someone who guesses at things based upon their experience.

When these others additionally misread and misquote the Bible to say it supports their ideas, I'll call them on it.

edit on 13/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Not yet.

God; Book of Genesis

Is God alive?

Is that all you assume you know of what I know of God, from a post on ATS?

Yes, I do rely a lot on scriptural revelation to frame my thoughts about God. That IS the point of the Bible, to reveal God and His plan to mankind.

But really, with my interest in Cosmology, I come across questions about God all the time and have to explore them rigorously with all tools I can muster (knowledge of the physical sciences, mathematics and accumulated religious writings [not only Christian]).

I can put actual numbers and magnitudes upon things that most have little conception of. It gives an appreciation of scale and grants a degree of certitude in those things which i can know.

This gives a different perspective than someone who guesses at things based upon their experience.

When these others additionally misread and misquote the Bible to say it supports their ideas, I'll call them on it.

No sir I didnt make that assumption. It was kind of a leading question to a little story I have that I would like your thoughts on.

I respect the thoroughness of your studies using math and science as tools even when evaluating spiritual concepts.

Here's that little story.

"One day I wrote a few pages of parables and teachings much like something you would read of Jesus's teachings.

I brought it to my friend that I have known for over 10 years and asked him to read it. He asked me where in the bible it was quoted from and I told him that it was not from the bible. I told him that I was inspired by God to write it and that essentially God used my hand to write the words.

I asked him if he believed me. He said absolutely not. So I asked him if he believed in the writings in the bible. He responded, yes.

So then I asked him, we have known each other for over ten years and trust each other with our lives yet you dont believe me when I tell you I was inspired by God to write this? Yet you believe some men from thousands of years ago that you have never met when they tell you the same?"

(As a disclaimer I didnt actually believe I was inspired by God in writing the papers but I didnt tell him at first, I gave it a week. It was more of a demonstration. I'll tell you the intentions behind the demonstration in the next post.)

What's your take on this Chr0naut?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

So who created the dimension you popped into existence to before you existed?

But I see that you are making fewer spelling mistakes than yesterday, so I will give you a gold star for effort.

Kev

It may or may not have been created.

Thanks for watching out for my spelling

Did you expect that God as an infant would make no mistakes? Why do you think there is so much useless starvation and war and poverty on this earth?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The life force [prana] and the mind are operating [of their own accord], but the mind will tempt you to believe that it is "you". Therefore understand always that you are the timeless spaceless witness. And even if the mind tells you that you are the one who is acting, don't believe the mind. [...] The apparatus [mind, body] which is functioning has come upon your original essence, but you are not that apparatus. -NM

As you watch your mind, you discover your self as the watcher. When you stand motionless, only watching, you discover your self as the light behind the watcher. The source of light is dark, unknown is the source of knowledge. That source alone is. Go back to that source and abide there. -NM

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No sir I didnt make that assumption. It was kind of a leading question to a little story I have that I would like your thoughts on.

I respect the thoroughness of your studies using math and science as tools even when evaluating spiritual concepts.

Here's that little story.

"One day I wrote a few pages of parables and teachings much like something you would read of Jesus's teachings.

I brought it to my friend that I have known for over 10 years and asked him to read it. He asked me where in the bible it was quoted from and I told him that it was not from the bible. I told him that I was inspired by God to write it and that essentially God used my hand to write the words.

I asked him if he believed me. He said absolutely not. So I asked him if he believed in the writings in the bible. He responded, yes.

So then I asked him, we have known each other for over ten years and trust each other with our lives yet you dont believe me when I tell you I was inspired by God to write this? Yet you believe some men from thousands of years ago that you have never met when they tell you the same?"

(As a disclaimer I didnt actually believe I was inspired by God in writing the papers but I didnt tell him at first, I gave it a week. It was more of a demonstration. I'll tell you the intentions behind the demonstration in the next post.)

What's your take on this Chr0naut?

If the writings were from an average person and came 'out of the blue' (with nothing else to support the idea that it were inspired), I would assume the writer was deluded or deceptive (William of Ockham's 'razor').

If, however, there were occurrences happening around and centered upon what that person was saying and it offered answers that were otherwise obscured, then I would have to give it some little credence.

If it continued to have meaning and impact in the lives of those who read it and attempt to follow its precepts, for years (thousands?), then it stands out as something quite peculiar.

If those writings were grouped with other writings, with similar pedigree, and which systematically integrated into each other, providing little in the way of conflict or disagreement. Despite being written by different authors from different walks of life, from different nations, over a period of more than four thousand of years. I would say that the collection of works stands out as extra peculiar.

If, then, I had particular personal religious experiences explained by and compliant ONLY with those writings, I could easily regard them as being the Word of God to mankind (as the Bible makes claim to be).

If, upon study and deeper dissection of the writings I found even deeper meaning, moral motivation and spiritual truth, and no real conflict with my experiences or with science, then as far as my ability to discern the truth of the matter, this is the best example of a revelation of God that I will ever encounter.

The fact that I feel compelled to read and re-read some dusty old tome, that I have read fully before, each time finding fresh inspiration, is also peculiar.

edit on 13/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Hi
I love you

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Btw great taste in music God

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thread closed.

A small miracle performed by the OP will be enough to reopen.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join