It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Yorker: Trump Promises Paul Ryan That He’ll Sound Slightly Less Like Hitler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

“Paul basically said, ‘Can you help me out here? Can you not sound like Hitler all the time?’” Trump said. “And I was like, ‘Paul, I can absolutely do that for you.’”

As an example, Trump said, “Instead of saying I am going to round up people based on their religion, I’ll say that’s just a suggestion. Just like that, I’m fifty per cent less Hitlerish.”

Trump acknowledged that the challenge for him will be to sound somewhat less like Hitler to please congressional Republicans while still sounding enough like Hitler to avoid alienating his key constituencies of Nazis and white supremacists.
www.newyorker.com...

This article is going to fool some people. I wasn't sure if it was real until I scrolled down to where it says, "GET NEWS SATIRE FROM THE BOROWITZ REPORT DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX." The only other indications that the story is satirical that I see are the picture of the author smiling and the fact that the URL has the word "humor" in it. However, how many people would look for those things before they read the story? I wouldn't.

The funniest part is that plenty of people will believe the story is true because of how crazy the current election cycle has been. It's a mad, mad, mad world.

In a similar vein, I found the following anti-Trump ad made by the Hillary Clinton campaign to be humorous. Not just because it strikes me as funny but because of the comments beneath the video calling it a great ad for Trump.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

After watching that video ... I might have to get out and vote for Trump after all. -sigh

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Glancing through the satire section of the New Yorker from the link provided I came across this headline that just cracked me up.

Ben Carson Says He Has No Memory of Running for President
By Andy Borowitz

“I’ve been told that I did it, but I find it impossible to believe,” he said. “I don’t think I’d forget a thing like that.”

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yah shh, we wouldn't want anyone to see any parallels between the US now and WWII Germany.

Rense

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
After he finishes back-tracking/flip-flopping on all his original views, he might find himself without support. It was his 'wild card' aspect that people seemed to like. Without that he's like anybody else. But dumber.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So people aren't allowed to change their views and stances on topics? Cool. Guess I should still believe in the Easter bunny and Santa clause.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My favorite Carson joke joke is. "I simply don't trust that man! He waits until you are asleep and steals pieces of your brain".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Sounds like Trump has had about enough of this shadowy cabal as well....lol. Great humor.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Isn't that supposed to be dummer? That's the way the Donald spells it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Not hourly.

top topics

join