It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan apparently got the message, and is now on board....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
50/50
He half said I'm there and half said we have our differences. Consensus seems to be if he withholds full out endorsement it will force Trump to reign it in. So I'm not sure who is holding the winning hand there.

Ryan is likely waiting to see if Trump calls Palin off in Wisconsin before he issues a full endorsement. Paul Ryan isn't going to lose in Wisconsin, BUT he needs more than just Wisconsin if he's going to be an effective Speaker of the House. That means he benefits more from open unity between Trump's camp and himself than he benefits from stubborn sniping against the same.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That is an interesting take. Not impossible either.

I've had a bit of anxiety creep in the last few days wondering just how far TPTB would go to end this Trump phenomena. I largely felt it would be before the election via a financial disaster. Perhaps a new or expanded fracas. Anything to derail this.

Yet your scenario is equally if not more likely than mine. Use trump as the scape-goat.

The only weakness in that one I can see is they've underestimated Trump from day one. He could pre-empt on these guys first. Put THEM on the defensive....it would be Trump-like.....

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I had a thought, after seeing people like Ryan and even Lyndsay Graham softening their previous positions, that the GOP establishment might be executing a strategy here to bring Trump down. Everything they have tried so far has failed, primarily because their attacks have always looked like the establishment trying to trash Trump. That was always seen as a positive for Trump and just strengthened his support.

Perhaps they have decided that the best way to bring him down is to cosy up and make it look like they are having influence on the policy... i.e. getting Trump to soften on illegal immigration. I noted yesterday that long time Trump advocate Michael Savage was starting to pull away from him for this very reason...

I think Trump has to be careful of the GOP sharks - the one thing that will destroy Trump is if his supporters think he is pandering to the very people they have rejected.
edit on 13/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's being reported/speculated that Paul Ryan is going to be Donald Trump's running mate.

I seriously doubt it. Pretty sure he's already picked who it is, he simply isn't going to say it before the convention (because really, there's no need to do so).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join