It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan apparently got the message, and is now on board....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Personally, I think this is a good example of how Trump can force some elements of the establishment to accept reality.

Donald Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan concluded their highly anticipated meeting Thursday amid early signals that the Republican Party will work to piece itself together after a fractious primary.
"While we were honest about our few differences, we recognize that there are also many important areas of common ground," Trump and Ryan said in a joint statement. "We will be having additional discussions, but remain confident there's a great opportunity to unify our party and win this fall, and we are totally committed to working together to achieve that goal."

www.cnn.com...

I'm sure he isn't exactly enthusiastic, but it's this, or face the ire of the voters.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Everybody's gotta play by "their" rules. If Trump is supposed to be supported by the majority, he will be. Defectors will not be tolerated. It's supposed to be Trump and Hill.. so too it shall be.
edit on 12-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yah, I mean what kind of party convention has only one candidate?

Its not the GOP anymore, its Trumpdom.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think he got a call from TPTB and has to play along

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's how the meeting went...

"You see what I did to Cruz?"

Ryan, "yeah"

"Now shutup and do what I say or I'll air all the dirty laundry I have on all of you after buying political favors for the last 40 years '

" Ok daddy"

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
50/50
He half said I'm there and half said we have our differences. Consensus seems to be if he withholds full out endorsement it will force Trump to reign it in. So I'm not sure who is holding the winning hand there.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
I think he got a call from TPTB and has to play along

Who Trump or Ryan?

Trump will reel in on immigration, the wall, on taxes...until he is everything his supporters voted against.
Or the party will lose the majority in the house and Senate and they don't want that.
So he's going to become ....establishment.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Honestly I think its all a sham show for the dullards who actually think their vote counts. Personally I believe whom ever will be POTUS has already been picked regardless of how the vote goes.

Trump will likely be it IMO, and if so, lord help us all. Lord help him as well, that will be a seriously heavy burden he has to carry, and others from the other side of the fence may not like that to the point of acting out.

Trump becomes Potus and I become a Mao Mao fighter pilot.

But all of this we are watching is a magical show of crap. Come on, they knew what Trump was about the moment he said I'm running. Its a dog and pony show.
edit on 12-5-2016 by BooCrackers because: A circus midget, a Rabbi, and a lawyer walk into a bar.....stop me if you heard this one.......

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's supposed to be Trump and Hill.. so too it shall be.

I seriously doubt it was "supposed to be" Trump.
The establishment threw everything it had at him even when it totally exposed them for what they were, and he's still the nominee. Now they are in damage control mode.

Here's how the meeting went...

"You see what I did to Cruz?"

Ryan, "yeah"

"Now shutup and do what I say or I'll air all the dirty laundry I have on all of you after buying political favors for the last 40 years '

" Ok daddy"

Is probably closer to the mark.

And if it isn't, and you are right, and he was establishment all along? Well, then we've already lost anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.

Hillary was hand-picked for it this year. The establishment simply failed to realize the LEVEL of voter disgust, hence the rise of Trump and Bernie. With the DNC though, they had already established the means of control (i.e. super delegates). With the RNC, it had just started (caucuses vs. primaries), just too little too late for them to control it. (though they sure tried, just look at Colorado)....

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't think people understand what Trump is. A politician? No, a conqueror. He has the qualities that many great men have had. Some of them with infamous names. King Abdulaziz and Mr Hitler come to mind. These type of opportunists have that quality which allows frustrated people to want to act through them. And usually you have to have frustrated people for them to ever come into power because comfortable people would be afraid of them.

It's funny that we hear from the quasi intellectual crowd that he will not be able to operate in congress. Hinting that he will be shut out. Personally I'm pretty sure just the opposite will happen because of the qualities I mentioned above. He will have them want to act out through him just as a large part of the electorate does now. Those that won't, he'll make them dance like so many former Republican candidates.

Don't be so foolish to underestimate this man. He is something very different than what most think and he will have a tendency to make people that feel they are smart feel stupid on a regular basis.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Apollumi because: missed a word

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

On point!!! Star for you, Ohh and Love!!! the Harry Dresden avatar!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

He is nothing like Hitler, not even the slightest, Bernie has more in common with Hitler than Trump.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh, and that wall. We'll get it. Do you know why? As I said this is a different kind of leader. This man knows where his power lies and it's not in Washington. Will he have to bend a little here and there? Of course he will. But think about this, if he asked for "volunteers" to go defend the border it would be jam packed with people who had in their hearts "gtfo". Use the people's passion and allow them to act it out through you.

When you want to appease the people some times you have to build a coliseum.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Damned skippy, I would go work the wall in half a heart beat! If every other country is allowed to have secure boarder, why can't we??? How come we are the only ones that are "racist" or "xenophobic" just because we want our immigration laws enforced? To all the boo hoo nay sayers who say we shouldn't have a wall, fine you sponsor, employ and house the damned boarder jumpers then. The rest of us don't want or need em!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Damned skippy, I would go work the wall in half a heart beat! If every other country is allowed to have secure boarder, why can't we??? How come we are the only ones that are "racist" or "xenophobic" just because we want our immigration laws enforced? To all the boo hoo nay sayers who say we shouldn't have a wall, fine you sponsor, employ and house the damned boarder jumpers then. The rest of us don't want or need em!

Yep, I understand the passion. I don't want them here either. If a people cannot solve their problems in their own nation they will just bring them to the nation in which they go. It why you cannot bring "democracy" to a foreign country. It's not within the people for democracy to exist in a stable way. Those that come to our nation proving they will adapt, learn the language, and work to be beneficial to society as a whole are welcome.

There is something I have noticed over the years and call me a racist if some person reading this wishes. Some people are just inherently more aggressive. Those nations that have these kind of people just don't fare well. And something else I've noticed is people tend to act out to the degree in which they are allowed to act out. Hence the reason the politically correct way of life will always go to ruin. If people have it within them to be respectful we would not have devolved so quickly under the politically correct banner.

Putting a VERY idealistic spin on those crossing the border is a dangerous gamble. The pretty female Latinos can dominate all the news puff pieces they want but in Texas I see teardrop tatoo guy eyeing me hard at the gas station. Or the guy that stalked me through Walmart waiting for me to leave. Or even the guy who sped in front of me and drove down the middle of the road slowly trying to force a confrontation. Yeah, I'll pass.

And you know,, I want humanity as a whole to grow their conscious substantially. For us all to be our brother's keeper. The wisdom is not in preserving yourself but in preserving your fellow man. There just has be be enough consciousness for that to happen. Until then it will be and Internet battle of relative truths bludgeoned upon one another.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Apollumi because: should probably read the way it flowed first

edit on 12-5-2016 by Apollumi because: added some personal experiences. done now.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Back on topic. Mr Ryan you should know better than to stubbornly stand on the beach as the tsunami rolls in. Glad you had the good sense to run for a tree before it was too late. Dance little man dance...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sounds like Ryan is going to fall in line, as he should. He should do what his new boss tells him to do.
Seems pretty clear it's Ryan who will bow to the policy that Trump wants.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's being reported/speculated that Paul Ryan is going to be Donald Trump's running mate. That was discussed during their secret meeting today. He'd be great! And Paul would be perfectly suited for taking the Presidential helm from Trump in 8 years.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's being reported/speculated that Paul Ryan is going to be Donald Trump's running mate. That was discussed during their secret meeting today. He'd be great! And Paul would be perfectly suited for taking the Presidential helm from Trump in 8 years.

Doubt it.. Ryan is actually not that popular and I also doubt that Trump would be in office for 8 years even if he won n Nov. I reckon he will not run in 2020 if he wins 2016. He'll step aside.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I actually think that Trump will become POTUS.... Hillary will fall-on-her-sword for the shadow-government because the inner cabal of globalist-elites will show her the playbook where the economy collapses/the USD loses 30%/the Obama-care payment system finally get unleashed at 100% thus wrecking the 20% of the GDP foundation which is what triggers the USA economy collapse & the 30% devaluation of the USD (AKA; the federal reserve note)
but the actual minted money from the Treasury gains the status of Domestic Money/Dollars

HR Clinton does not want the orchestrated collapse of the USA to be on-her-watch, so passing the POTUS torch works for her even though her 'space' in history will be lessened, she will be a real trooper and surrender personal glory for the greater plans of the NWO-globalist-fascist-corporatocracy

I believe that from the Party Conventions to the actual election day, the globalists who control the Congress/SCOTUS/Executive branch...news media... will review and renew their strategy of grasping total wide-spectrum control will be to have a Trump administration in place to blame all the advancing failures on...
the plan is to make Trump look like a dunce & failure compared to the 8 years of miracle economic/job production/USA non-aggression of the Golden-Age fostered by the Obama administration...
a 4 year delay--- having to squelch the hearts & minds of anti-establishment voters---so only the group-think sheeple remain will do wonders to usher in a HR Clinton 2020 POTUS world
edit on th31146309375112552016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join