It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California

On Monday evening, California's secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump's slate includes William Johnson, one of the country's most prominent white nationalists. [Update: Responding to this story late Tuesday, the Trump campaign blamed Johnson's selection on a "database error," and Johnson told Mother Jones he would resign. Here are documents showing the Trump campaign's personal correspondence with Johnson yesterday.] Johnson applied to the Trump campaign to be a delegate. He was accepted on Monday. In order to be approved he had to sign this pledge sent to him by the campaign: "I, William Johnson, endorse Donald J. Trump for the office of President of the United States. I pledge to cast ALL of my ballots to elect Donald J. Trump on every round of balloting at the 2016 Republican National Convention so that we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" After he signed, the Trump campaign added his name to the list of 169 delegates it forwarded to the secretary of state."I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody," Johnson says. Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people." The AFP has never elected a candidate of its own and possesses at most a few thousand members, but it is "arguably the most important white nationalist group in the country," according to Mark Potok, a senior fellow for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks hate groups.
www.motherjones.com...

Ok I understand the Trump campaign have a pretty big tent as far as group affiliations go , so far they have came under fire for hugging KKK/Nazi types while he says he is confident that minorities will flock to him, and given the image problem and well deserved I might add, how do this help in overcoming that, seemed to me they are making it all too easy for Hillary to win this thing with all her high negatives she is hauling around.
I am not religious but I pray for a Burnie miracle..could happen but unlikely.

+5 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
As far as I know Trump is the only candidate who has disavowed white nationalist groups like the KKK... but nobody wants to talk about that.

edit on 11-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So in other words, you don't care?

That's okay, the guy already resigned to avoid damaging his candidate.

The candidate that really speaks to his white nationalism. The candidate he wants to see win. The candidate for whom he conducted multiple robocall campaigns. The candidate for whose supporters he ran the legal aid hotline.

That picture is of former Sen. Robert Byrd. Who quit the Klan after something like a year before running for office in like 1952. The photo on the right is a photoshop. If you don't know that, shame on you. If you do know that, shame on you.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump was raised by a slumlord of such ill repute that none other than Woodie Guthrie (This Land is Your Land, you might not have heard of it if you're not American) wrote a song about him. So yeah. Who has the stronger connection to the bigger asshole here?

I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at his
Eighteen hundred family project

edit on 2016-5-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This story has developed somewhat since:

‘They don’t need the baggage’: White supremacist resigns as Trump delegate

But then there's this --

Official Says 'Too Late' For White Nationalist To Resign As Trump Delegate

"I was approved as a delegate, I submitted my application and I was approved," Johnson told CNN Wednesday afternoon. "And then immediately when the list came out, they [the campaign] saw that they had a clerical error. And so then they sent me an email saying that 'you are removed from the list.' So I wrote back an email telling them 'I understand. I resign.' And then later in the day I got contacted by a media person, who says, 'Well you're still on the list.' And so then I sent them a second email saying that 'I resign. I will not attend the convention. I will not be a delegate.'"

So I guess this means the delegate cannot be replaced and Trump will be short one delegate?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When you have a sharp mind like Donald Trump and associate with hundreds of people, some of them will have controversial views and stances. It's par for the course, of course.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Speaking of Fred Trump, let's not forget who was arrested at a Klan rally here.

Vice - All the Evidence We Could Find About Fred Trump's Alleged Involvement with the KKK

The younger Trump denied it all, telling interviewer Jason Horowitz that "it never happened" four times. When Horowitz asked if his father had lived at 175-24 Devonshire Road—the address listed for the Fred Trump arrested at the 1927 Klan rally—Donald dismissed the claim as "totally false." "We lived on Wareham," he told Horowitz. "The Devonshire—I know there is a road 'Devonshire,' but I don't think my father ever lived on Devonshire." Trump went on to deny everything else in the Times' account of the 1927 rally: "It shouldn't be written because it never happened, number one. And number two, there was nobody charged."

Biographical records confirm that the Trump family did live on Wareham Place in Queens in the 1940s, when Donald was a kid. But according to at least one archived newspaper clip, Fred Trump also lived at 175-24 Devonshire Road: A wedding announcement in the January 22, 1936 issue of the Long Island Daily Press,places Fred Trump at that address, and refers to his wife as "Mary MacLeod," which is Donald Trump's mother's maiden name.

Moreover, three additional newspaper clips unearthed by VICE contain separate accounts of Fred Trump's arrest at the May 1927 KKK rally in Queens, each of which seems to confirm the Times account of the events that day. While the clips don't confirm whether Fred Trump was actually a member of the Klan, they do suggest that the rally—and the subsequent arrests—did happen, and did involve Donald Trump's father, contrary to the candidate's denials. A fifth article mentions the seven arrestees without giving names, and claims that all of the individuals arrested—presumably including Trump—were wearing Klan attire.

The June 1, 1927, account of the May 31 Klan rally printed in a defunct Brooklyn paper called the Daily Star specifies that a Fred Trump "was dismissed on a charge of refusing to disperse." That article lists seven total arrests, and states that four of those arrested were expected to go to court, and two were paroled. Fred Trump was the only one not held on charges.

Youthful indiscretion? Maybe not:

the US Department of Justice alleged that Trump Management Corporation had violated the Fair Housing Act of 1968 by systematically denying people rentals "because of race and color." Fred Trump, testifying as company president, said he was "unfamiliar" with the Fair Housing Act,

According to a New York Times story from June 11, 1975, the Trump Management Corporation "promised not to discriminate against blacks, Puerto Ricans, and other minorities." But in 1978, the Justice Department filed another discrimination suit against the company, alleging that the Trumps weren't complying with the original terms of the 1975 settlement.

A 1979 story in the Village Voice chronicled the rise of Trump's real estate empire, including allegations of racial discrimination at properties managed by Trump.

Shucks.
edit on 2016-5-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

As far as I know Trump is the only candidate who has disavowed white nationalist groups like the KKK... but nobody wants to talk about that.

He put himself in a position where he is forever disavowing them but still allow them to play in his sand box why??

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OK I get it those connections ran deep and ingrained, I thought he was just playing the "race card" for votes but not something he is seriously into.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

No I don't care because Trump has no affiliation with the man and it's not his fault that the Republican Party put him in the system to begin with. If you think it's so horrible that a white nationalist did some robocalls for Trump then what do you think of this?

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President

Quigg bases his support on his belief that Clinton is pushing false promises on the campaign trail. Once she gets elected, he contends, her agenda will completely shift.

“Border policies are going to be put in place,” Quigg said. “Our second amendment rights that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”

The race baiters in this country have some serious tunnel vision when it comes to presidential candidates.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

It's not fair to judge a man by his father's actions. As for the allegations against Trump, that's all they are... Allegations...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No I don't care because Trump has no affiliation with the man and it's not his fault that the Republican Party put him in the system to begin with. If you think it's so horrible that a white nationalist did some robocalls for Trump then what do you think of this?

Yes yes, I know the Trump campaign selected him through some mysterious computer error. It's not their fault right? Just like those misprinted ballots weren't their fault either. Gotta love that lack of accountability!

That was an excellent job of cherry picking the few lines from that hoax interview that don't make it abundantly clear that it's a complete farce. Was it difficult? How about we share a little bit more:

But Clinton wasn’t always Quigg’s choice.

He supported Trump as recently as September, tweeting that Trump was “the only hope we have of getting WHITE AMERICA BACK!”

Now, Quigg cites a litany of reasons why his support for Trump has waned.

“We don’t like his hair. We think it’s a toupee,” Quigg said. “He won’t do what he says he will do. He says he’s going to build a 20-foot high fence along the border with Mexico and make them pay. How’s he going to do that?”

And how does Quigg know about Clinton’s supposed secret KKK-friendly agenda?

“I cannot reveal my sources,” he said. “It’s my opinion – if you know what I mean, wink, wink. I don’t want her to come back and say I’m slandering her.”

Yeah, sounds completely legit if you spent your teen years huffing spray paint. Trump starts getting flack for being the favored candidate of white supremacists and this guy decides to announce his "support" of Hillary Clinton publicly, citing Donald Trump's hair as his primary reason for the switch?

LOL.

How many people do you really think are dumb enough to believe he's sincerely supporting Hillary Clinton?
edit on 2016-5-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Since when was it wrong to be a nationalist? Oh he's white, how dare he love his heritage....
edit on 12-5-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Guilt by association is a foolish fallacy. It's a shame we're even playing this game.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's just desperation at this point. It's amusing watching people hurling things hoping something sticks. It just gets people irritated and swing on over out of spite, which is fine by me.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree, it pretty much sums up all the controversy from the David Duke endorsement (which turned out to be false) and seems to be a part of the agenda to label Trump as a racist.

But it's funny how the Liberals can't take a dose of their own medicine.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Since when was it wrong to be a nationalist? Oh he's white, how dare he love his heritage....

Loving heritage is all good with me, matter of fact I participate and join in celebration of others when invited to do so, but if you , him or his org. are going off this America is a "White Country"and white genocide is another name for multiculturalism and take my country back blah blah blah...then my extended middle finger to you and him if you please..as I have said before in other threads..What was to become and did become the United States Of America was never exclusively a "White nation" I don't care what your pop culture or lit said, some of those "others" were present even before the Mayflower their blood, sweat and dried bones has long been mingled in the soil of this land...but off course that lil rant only applies if the above is what you or him is referring to by "white heritage".
edit on 12-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I looked into the delegate selection processes a good deal during our primaries.

Delegates apply to the Republican party. They are then either approved or denied by the PARTY.

... correcting this a bit, as California seems to work differently.

They do have alternate delegates. I'm not sure why they would not be able to resign.
edit on 5/12/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And big deal.

There are also activist racists from other races enthusiastically supporting Clinton.

Who cares--it doesn't mean anything, just that there is a part of a policy that said racist embraces, and so they jump on the bandwagon.

Trying to smear a person because of those who support some aspect of what they say (in the vast platform that has been discussed) is a pretty terrible tactic to try and associate a candidate as a racist.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Strange, all the Trump supporters werent claiming "big deal" when Obama was affiliated with people like Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, The Muslim Brotherhood , and Van Jones

Why the hypocrisy

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President

Quigg bases his support on his belief that Clinton is pushing false promises on the campaign trail. Once she gets elected, he contends, her agenda will completely shift.

“Border policies are going to be put in place,” Quigg said. “Our second amendment rights that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”

The race baiters in this country have some serious tunnel vision when it comes to presidential candidates.

You mean the same guy that also supported Trump in the past?
Maybe people just don't take a flip flopping bigot seriously when he keeps changing his mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join