It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Fabricated Crises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Many presidents have fabricated a crisis or two but none have fabricated more than George Bush. Everything from healthcare and social security, to the War in Iraq, he's fabricated more than any president in history it seems.

By Harold Meyerson
The Washington Post

Wednesday 12 January 2005

Some presidents make the history books by managing crises. Lincoln had Fort Sumter, Roosevelt had the Depression and Pearl Harbor, and Kennedy had the missiles in Cuba. George W. Bush, of course, had Sept. 11, and for a while thereafter - through the overthrow of the Taliban - he earned his page in history, too.

But when historians look back at the Bush presidency, they're more likely to note that what sets Bush apart is not the crises he managed but the crises he fabricated. The fabricated crisis is the hallmark of the Bush presidency. To attain goals that he had set for himself before he took office - the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, the privatization of Social Security - he concocted crises where there were none.

So Iraq became a clear and present danger to American hearths and homes, bristling with weapons of mass destruction, a nuclear attack just waiting to happen. And now, this week, the president is embarking on his second great scare campaign, this one to convince the American people that Social Security will collapse and that the only remedy is to cut benefits and redirect resources into private accounts.

www.truthout.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

It's quite obvious Bush will fabricate anything to keep his popularity up and going. Although he's not doing the best job anymore according to the polls that are out there. Here's a list of all that Bush has fabricated since he's been in office:

1. WMD's (Iraq)
2. The danger of Saddam
3. Healthcare
4. Social Security
5. 9/11

It wouldn't surprise if there's more to be expected in the future. After all, Bush just wants to become a dictator. What better way to become one than to fabricate something by spreading fear into the hearts and minds of every innocent citizen of this country. The truth is Bush doesn't care about the American people. I doubt he ever did. His loyalty lies to Skull and Bones. Not to the office of the President of the United States.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It kind of like a pea and shell game. If you move the pea around enough you get confused and don't know where to look next.

Create enough chaos to confuse people and they don't have time or are too fearful to look for the truth.

Sounds simplistic, but these highly contrived scenarios are often quite simple. Just plant the seed...and people's imaginations take over.

Basically they are treating people like brainless twits and getting away with it.

Good post!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
First of all Mr. Bush popularity was an all time low prior to 9/11. Then it rose to 90% when US attacked Afghanistan.

I think that he got hooked on the popularity ratings and the media attention and it became a drug for him, he knew that he got the people approval at the time for him to sell his war with Iraq.

The war that it was in the table and in the planning even before the 9/11.

He took advantage of the scare and it was easy for him to sell his lies of MWDs and Al-queda planning for more attacks, it worked like magic.

Saddam was not a threat to anybody but his own people and now Iraq life in the streets is a threat to any Iraqi civilian.

The health care is still a big issue and still nothing has been done to help with the rising cost of it.

Social Security is not in the front burner I wonder how this one is going to be sold to the public.

Right now the realities of war are coming back and so the popularity ratings of Mr. Bush. The war in Iraq proved to be worst that we imagine and I don’t think people are going to go for the Privatization of the Social Security at all.

It is something that Mr. Bush has lost alone with the war in Iraq, and that is credibility.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
First of all Mr. Bush popularity was an all time low prior to 9/11. Then it rose to 90% when US attacked Afghanistan.

I think that he got hooked on the popularity ratings and the media attention and it became a drug for him, he knew that he got the people approval at the time for him to sell his war with Iraq.

The war that it was in the table and in the planning even before the 9/11.

Looks like BushCo got an early Christmas present, eh? How convenient...too convenient!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm shocked. When I saw the title of this topic, I thought for sure it would be about Wag-the-Dog Clinton. These situations were all tragedies, hard to say if Clinton had a hand in any of them. But, who knows

Bosnia
Somolia
Haiti
Rwanda
Kenya
Tanzania
WTC-I
the Cole

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Rwanda?
Somalia?

How exactly would Clinton have had a hand in massive genocide, or the collapse of Somalias government. How are these fabricated?

new topics

top topics

join