It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally got my TLC's "A Wedding Story" episode posted to YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As some here know, my wife and I (a few years back) were married and it was on an episode of TLC's "A Wedding Story".
Finally got around to getting a format I could post.

www.youtube.com...

May have to fast forward at the beginning, and through the commercial spots, as this was the feed they sent to local cable companies to add their own commercials (so blank there). There’s a fun little part (with bad acting) after the credits too. (it didn’t air, but the TLC producer was nice enough to add that little part in for our copy).

Eventually, I’ll post an edited version to make it more seamless.

edit on 11-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

And to think we all knew a movie star right here on ATS. It's good that you haven't let all the money and glamour go to your head.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hah!

They pretty much pay for two things...the couple activity (Busch Gardens in our case), and the wedding party activity (Medieval Times). Rest was all on us.

Was a cool experience though, and glad we did it. The production crew were all nice people.

Actually had another reality TV moment years later. An episode of "Party Down South" was filming in a local restaurant in FL, and we sat at a table next to the stars of that show. So, we did have to sign releases, and do show up a little bit in the episode.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

And you still remember the little people.

Sounds cool. I'll have a chance to watch the whole thing later, just browsed to see what everyone looked like.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Beautiful ceremony, dress and cake! You're both so creative. I cried as you watched her approach (and a couple other times). Makes me want to get married again!

Loved the story about Dave. That is so special. Congratulations on finding love. Innit grand...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks! I designed the cake (mom's a professional decorator, so I learned it too), and I thought my mom was going to slap me when I showed her, LOL. It did come out cool though. Had about 7 different flavors, including 2 that were cheesecake. We also worked with the designer on the dress, and she still wears it every now and then for medieval themed events.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
OMG, that was beautiful, so touching and so very cool!!!!!!!! I just love the medieval theme! What a beautiful love story and a treasured memory you have made together!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Your Mom is super sweet. I like her.

I also cracked up when you said there's an 80% chance of rain, but it's Florida, so it's 100%, AND it's raining. Seattle reporting in. It only rains here, stay out Californians.

Happy for you man. Your wife is a sweetheart.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"Chris was just like one of the girls"

Congrats on escaping from deep within the dreaded friendzone, my friend.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Makes me want to get married again!

Hey. How's it goin'?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"Chris was just like one of the girls"

I still give her crap about that line....

Your Mom is super sweet. I like her.

She's crying in every scene, hehe...

Thanks to all who bother watching it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Our group dance was actually the same one done in "A Knight's Tale". The David Bowie one, "Golden Years"...
But, it wasn't licensed by TLC, so they went with open domain music.

Wedding was supposed to be at sunset, but the girls got to the castle late. Was also only a 10% chance of rain, that somehow got raised as we got closer. We had to rent the $300 tent at the last minute, and it was unseasonably cold that day.

That night, we added hot chocolate as an option, as well as champagne, lol.

We took care of our guests though. They could basically have had lasagna (for the veggies) and/or prime rib, including seconds, thirds, etc. until we ran out. (along with lots of sides and appetizers). (and cases of champagne)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Awww..I teared up many times watching that too! Always knew over the years how sweet a guy you are, and this wedding to your soulmate just proves it. Your momma raised a good one.

to many years of happiness.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks. I try. We've been married 12 years now. Hard to believe it's been that long.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You so obviously adore each other. Forever. Make it so!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Dagnabit... somebody pass the box of kleenex.

*sniffle*

What an awesome love story Gaz, so happy for you both.

And I love love love the medieval theme wedding idea... too fun !

Oh, and your mom's cake turned out amazing, kudos to her for all that hard work !

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Had to deliver that cake in 11 different boxes. Filled the floor of the van I had at the time, LOL.

I'm just so glad I've got a way for friends, family, and well anybody, to see it finally. Was definitely a neat experience.

top topics

join