It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Projected to win West Virginia Primary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Independents can vote in the West Virginia primary and many exit polls showed that they were voting against Hillary and would shift to Trump in the general.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Not a surprise to me.

And I agree that it's way too soon to call Bernie out. He has a huge spending plan, tax plan, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. No way is he out. Why wouldn't The Establishment *ahem* be pulling for Bernie? Campaign advertising does not = reality.

I've always believed Bernie is The Chosen One.

Sanders has never said he would do any of the things you said. If you overblow things he has said, maybe.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exit polls have been historically unreliable.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

This was pretty uniform feedback from multiple channels/polls. There is also the Shy Tory (Trump) effect to take into consideration.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: intrepid
Didn't he win this one 2 months ago?

He won this one before it ever started, I live right on the border of WV. This area of the country is not where Hillary supporters live.

Even if there were no other candidates on the ballot, they probably would have come up with a write in candidate that would get more votes. That's an even bigger accomplishment than usual too since WV is lower than every state other than Mississippi in literacy (not actually sure if this last sentence is true, but it sure feels like it is).

In the democratic party, it was noted as a 'Hillary state'.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra
No, you need to cry.

Tears of joy.

LOL

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Not a surprise to me.

And I agree that it's way too soon to call Bernie out. He has a huge spending plan, tax plan, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. No way is he out. Why wouldn't The Establishment *ahem* be pulling for Bernie? Campaign advertising does not = reality.

Sanders has never said he would do any of the things you said. If you overblow things he has said, maybe.

I'm not overblowing anything. He has the biggest spending plan. He has the biggest tax proposal. And his plan would expand the powers of the federal government.

Let it be known that I am a lifelong liberal and at one time would have received Bernie's ideas in the most enthusiastic of ways. But at some point, I learned that Congress is corrupt and that the two parties are corrupt. So I no longer trust the federal government to spend money to benefit 'the People.'

I see Bernie's plans as a means for the corrupt federal government to steal from us. He is running as a democrat, so I trust my take is probably correct. I have no reason to trust him as long as he belongs to the DNC.

My feelings are not so much a statement about Bernie as they are about our corrupt federal government.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
oklahoma had all independents vote in the democratic primary... pretty sure thats while sanders took oklahoma... could something like that have happened here?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

oklahoma had all independents vote in the democratic primary... pretty sure thats while sanders took oklahoma... could something like that have happened here?

Yes, that is what happened here as well, Independents voted.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Not a surprise to me.

I'm not overblowing anything. He has the biggest spending plan. He has the biggest tax proposal. And his plan would expand the powers of the federal government.

Let it be known that I am a lifelong liberal and at one time would have received Bernie's ideas in the most enthusiastic of ways. But at some point, I learned that Congress is corrupt and that the two parties are corrupt. So I no longer trust the federal government to spend money to benefit 'the People.'

I see Bernie's plans as a means for the corrupt federal government to steal from us. He is running as a democrat, so I trust my take is probably correct. I have no reason to trust him as long as he belongs to the DNC.

My feelings are not so much a statement about Bernie as they are about our corrupt federal government.

Show it and how he means to pay for it. he has released both. Trump just releases nonsense that economists laugh at. In regard to Hillary, her plans are the same old same old. At least she released tax returns and Sanders did too.

Sanders's plans are not what you say.

edit on 10-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Not a surprise to me.

Show it and how he means to pay for it. he has released both. Trump just releases nonsense that economists laugh at. In regard to Hillary, her plans are the same old same old. At least she released tax returns and Sanders did too.

Correct. They all suck. Each one more than the last.

What do you want me to show exactly? That Bernie has the biggest spending and tax plan? That his plan would expand the powers of the federal government?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Not a surprise to me.

Correct. They all suck. Each one more than the last.

What do you want me to show exactly? That Bernie has the biggest spending and tax plan? That his plan would expand the powers of the federal government?

They all do not suck. I don't require you to show that. But if you want to say it, it should come with sources and the actual plans.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I thought it was universally known that Bernie has the biggest spending plan, the biggest tax hike, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. I didn't know anybody questioned that.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
On May 2, RealClearPolitics has a poll of Clinton leading Sanders by +19 in California.(where I am).I don't know if Bernie can overcome that.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I thought it was universally known that Bernie has the biggest spending plan, the biggest tax hike, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. I didn't know anybody questioned that.

It is not universally known. Different candidates have spending plans and spending on different things. Each one would raise taxes, but word it differently and raise the taxes on different income groups.

This is an impiortant issue. No candidate, this time around has said 'read my lips, I will not raise taxes' and even that one was lying.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
On May 2, RealClearPolitics has a poll of Clinton leading Sanders by +19 in California.(where I am).I don't know if Bernie can overcome that.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I think he can. And, CA is not a swing state.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

That was only one poll. The RCP average on that day was Clinton by 9.7. I suspect that could shrink in the next one later this week.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It is not universally known. Different candidates have spending plans and spending on different things. Each one would raise taxes, but word it differently and raise the taxes on different income groups.

This is an impiortant issue. No candidate, this time around has said 'read my lips, I will not raise taxes' and even that one was lying.

Here is politifact's breakdown of the candidates' tax/spending plans (scroll to bottom):

Link

And I point to Bernie's huge spending/tax plan (including infrastructure, education, and healthcare) as evidence of a growth in federal powers.

Is this what you are asking for?

And, BTW, there is a candidate claiming there will be no increase in taxes (Trump) and Hillary's tax increase plan is touted to only hit the highest bracket. ETA: And it seems slimy Cruz has a plan that would increase taxes for a portion of the middle class.

I just thought everyone universally understood Bernie has the biggest spending/tax plan. No one is trying to hide this (that I know of).

edit on 10-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

This is not a surprise. Bernie is still out. He can't catch up and in California Hillary will literally leave him in the dust and set her sights on trump.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This is not a surprise. Bernie is still out. He can't catch up and in California Hillary will literally leave him in the dust and set her sights on trump.

Assuming she can still "see" by then.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join