It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Shooting and stabbing reported at Taunton, Mass., mall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Watch the live news feed: LIVE

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Um, this seems to be a mass stabbing...

Attempted anti-gun rhetoric not apropos...

Maybe the word "gun" was enough to make you scramble to attach your agenda asap?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: intrptr

You are assuming a lot, and in such cases it's to fit a narrative instead of skeptically evaluating each situation.

Well yah, but the main stream doesn't do that

Unofficial objectives…

Promote domestic violence to justify more control and police presence… loss of liberties, restricted movement, etc., i. e., police state.

At the same time downplay endless war around the world, focusing instead on violence between citizens at home.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am going to go out on a limb and infer that he had a different perspective in mind. Perhaps the mass shooting report was just an example he was citing, since this incident would coincide with a small cluster of recent stabbing attacks too.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I could see that possibility, though sonething a bit more explicit might have been in order?

Regardless, I hope the best for all involved.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I actually agree with you 100%. Don't show their names.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Latest Update:
TAUNTON, Mass. —Three people, including the suspect in a Taunton attack have died, state police say. Two other victims are wounded.
Mother, daughter, pregnant woman among Taunton stabbing victims; Suspect and 2 victims killed

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
thoughts and prayers for the victims

what a crazy thing to do

unreal

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Agreed, definitely crazy person with a knife. I hope that pregnant mom was not one of his fatalities. These mall victims were simply innocents. I believe the situation began at a nearby home, where he stabbed two others, then took off to the mall afterwards.

ETA: At least the suspect is now dead and unable to commit more acts of violence. Good thing that off-duty sheriff was there to stop the carnage.

edit on 5/10/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Timeline:
- Suspect was in a car accident with a red pickup
- Got out of car, tried to break into hearby homes
- Got into an elderly woman's home, grabbed her kitchen knife and stabbed her and her adult daughter (elderly woman pronounced dead)
- Stole a car and sped for the nearby mall
- Crashed the stolen car into mall doors
- Got out and walked into Bertucci's and began slashing and stabbing random mall shoppers
- Off-duty sheriff pulled his sidearm and shot the suspect on the spot, stopping the rampage
- Witnesses report he was in an outrage, mad at something, not saying anything

edit on 5/10/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

- Witnesses report he was in an outrage, mad at something, not saying anything

I wonder if this man was also on prescribed medications. They are almost always related to people's sudden hostility and violent aggression.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Dang this is 15 minutes from me, I've been going to this mall my whole life.

This shouldn't surprise you, then.

Lived in southern Mass my whole life too, it's gross in Taunton.

Edit: Had to mention, I actually drive to the Braintree mall just to avoid places like Silver City and a South Shore Plazza. Looks like I'm not entirely silly for doing so.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Don't people get shot and stabbed everyday?

Taunton is a tiny city but has crime problems like every urban area. In my city of under 200,000 this would only make the news because it happened in mall.

Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn and Fall river are way crazier than Taunton. Holyoke, Springfield.

People think of Ma. as Boston. I am surprised anything in Taunton made the news.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TefarimCanin
a reply to: IAMTAT

Don't people get shot and stabbed everyday?

Taunton is a tiny city but has crime problems like every urban area. In my city of under 200,000 this would only make the news because it happened in mall.

Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn and Fall river are way crazier than Taunton. Holyoke, Springfield.

People think of Ma. as Boston. I am surprised anything in Taunton made the news.

Try Brockton, Dorchester, "Murdapan" "Charlie town" etc.

Taunton is not exactly nice either dude.

It's not a competition, but coastal and southern Mass is one big opiate filled garbage pile.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

I know but those areas constitute Boston proper and I was just saying that the small cities are just as bad.

Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan and JP are all gang infested but in terms of senseless violence I think Lowell is the worst per capita.

Central Massachusetts has Worcester and Fitchburg. The rest are suburbs and the sticks. But it is in general one of the safest regions on the planet.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Don't forget Quincy and Summaville.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TefarimCanin

Don't forget Quincy and Summaville.

Yeah, Lowell is bad. I honestly think Brockton is just as bad though, and that's South Shore. It's everywhere, I couldn't believe it, but North Adams shows up on the list of most dangerous cities. That's wayyyy out in the Berkshires, my brother went to college there. Guess all his stories of fighting towinies were true...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Are you using the "The Town" definition of townie? The movie about Charlestown?

I am so central oriented that I have only explored Boston once and it was so awesome to go to the top of the Prudential and look at the whole city. And I learned that day about the T and I was such a tourist because I thought it was so cool to go underground and emerge in another part of the city.

And the Mattapan zoo was cool.

But my city was in American Hustle for like one scene and a picture of a building while Boston has been drawing Hollywood movies on par with any NY and LA since Ma made it cost efficient to make movies here.

We have a huge junkie culture here too. Shooting, stabbings and home invasions happen and it is always near my house. But I have never felt threatened here and I have been in rough situations that lead to relocation for certain amounts of time (that were because of my stupidity). I am small but I don't emit weakness and I give and get respect with my character and closed mouthedness.

So when innocent randomn people get hurt I get pissed because truth be told I am blessed with a guardian angel for having never been stabbed or shot, just black eyes and Brocken noses.

It is so cosmically unjust when people die because someone went berzerk.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join