It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for Doomsday: Bunkers, Panic Rooms, and Going Off the Grid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Disclaimer - I wasn't really sure where to put this thread so Mods please move where needed.

Prepping for Doomsday: Bunkers, Panic Rooms, and Going Off the Grid

I thought this was an interesting read and found it interesting the site that was hosting this content. Realtor.com is not a site you would normally find this kind of content when searching for a new home.

(Source)

The apocalypse has become big business. And it’s getting bigger every day. In the ’50s, homeowners fearing Communist attacks built bunkers in their backyards and basements, hung up a few “God Bless Our Bomb Shelter” signs and called it a Cold War. But today, Americans en masse are again preparing for the worst—and Communists are just about the only thing not on their list. What is? Terrorist attacks, a total economic collapse, perhaps even zombie invasions. Or maybe just a complete societal breakdown after this November’s scorched-Earth presidential election.

Click the Source link above for the full article.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

what can you say? FEAR SELLS! We keep hearing that the dems will take your guns and ammo,so prepare! A NK nuke attack? You need my generator or solar panel!! Buy my survival garden kit,for 10x what you can get the same seeds for at home depot for 20 bucks,for the low low price of 399.00!! And get them in a hermetically sealed 5 gallon bucket at no extra charge! I remember a few yrs ago,there was some stupid prepper show,some clown was worried about the new madrid fault,so he canned up a bunch of stuff,in glass mason jars,and made a buried bunker....hmmm...glass jars,earthquake...makes sense to me! Just like politics...."She's going to raise your taxes"....He's going to start ww3.......give up now,resistance is futile

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I remember a few yrs ago,there was some stupid prepper show,some clown was worried about the new madrid fault,so he canned up a bunch of stuff,in glass mason jars,and made a buried bunker.

To be fair, that show pretty much coerces people to pick ONE thing to focus on, from a production standpoint.

Personally, it isn't fear that motivates me. I approach it more as something that is going to happen at some point, so no harm in being a bit more self reliant.

new topics

join