It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION

I did a search and found some older stuff from 2004 and 2006, but nothing current.

Now I know considering the source here but it does raise an eyebrow.

(Source)

Moscow meda claims terrifying weapon can dodge radar defences and bring destruction to an area the size of 'Texas or France'

Russia is preparing to test-fire a nuclear weapon which is so powerful it could reportedly destroy a whole country in seconds. The "Satan 2" missile is rumoured to be the most powerful ever designed and is equipped with stealth technology to help it dodge enemy radar systems .

There is a video on the site as well. I had trouble finding the link to post it.

edit on 10-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Satellites do not use radar to detect an ICBM launch they use infrared.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In fairness a single big Russian MIRV ICBM would contain more than enough warheads to render the entire UK uninhabitable. You'd only need 5 or 6 detonations up the western side of the country on big cities and the fallout would cover the entire island.

And their current stockpile of ICBMs is 'unstoppable' too. As far as I know nobody yet has deployed an effective anti ICBM system?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure I believe this. If it can totally destroy something the size of Texas then it would surely cause an ELE, right? The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs didn't leave a crafter the size of Texas and it still affected the entire world.

There's no way a bomb could totally destroy a land mass that size without killing everything else on the planet.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

an asteroid/comet would have had an incredible amount of force/momentum, an ICBM would have explosive power but not the momentum of something that was hurdling through space for umteen thousand years

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Not sure I believe this. If it can totally destroy something the size of Texas then it would surely cause an ELE, right? The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs didn't leave a crafter the size of Texas and it still affected the entire world.

There's no way a bomb could totally destroy a land mass that size without killing everything else on the planet.

I'm in agreement. I'm not so sure I believe this either considering my disclaimer about the source. I did however wanted to throw it out for discussion.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree, which may make it invisible to traditional radar but not satellite using infrared.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It does not mater if they have or use this nuke.
The US has sub launched nukes that will still rain hell on them and everyone loses.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
It does not mater if they have or use this nuke.
The US has sub launched nukes that will still rain hell on them and everyone loses.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that their old missles could rain a lot of hell.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I guess that makes sense but still, I would think a bomb that could destroy Texas in seconds would have huge ramifications for the entire world, including the ones who launched it. The shock wave from such an explosion would be devastating for thousands of miles around I would think.
edit on 5/10/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Isn't there a prophecy somewhere that talks about a weapon of "indignation" being used or something like that? Could this be that weapon?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Isn't there a prophecy somewhere that talks about a weapon of "indignation" being used or something like that? Could this be that weapon?

I honestly can't answer your question because I haven't researched it. But, you do spark my curiosity.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I guess that makes sense but still, I would think a bomb that could destroy Texas in seconds would have huge ramifications for the entire world, including the ones who launched it. The shock wave from such an explosion would be devastating for thousands of miles around I would think.

If you assume that it is one explosive used, yes.

If you assume that it is multiple, smaller munitions, than no.

Although I really doubt one missile would be capable of taking out an area the size of Texas, I wouldn't be shocked if the one missile could hit targets across an area the size of Texas.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction. If this weapon exists, so what. If it was used, everyone else would launch theirs and we would have an instant fix for global warming. then the pompous "I'm right" crowd would actually be right.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Cool...

I missed the ERA of the looming MAD scenarios

ETA:
Didn't read the post of networkdude yet but we seem to have been thinking about the same

edit on 10-5-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What are you talking about? An asteroid didn't kill the dinosaurs, Jesus did.

edit on 10-5-2016 by LostThePlot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The size of Texas eh?
So where on this planet would they test this? Don't think they want to test it out in Russia themselves. The Russian Dooms day detectors would sense it, and launch ALL thier missles.
Perhaps one of the Stan's. They're not testing it on the moon either.
I smell something funny about this.😉
edit on 10-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bigger question being where the hell are they going to test a bomb like that?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It says it can carry up to a dozen warheads so yes it could effectively destroy a whole nation. I mean, wipe out populous areas and industrial zones. I'm sure with a dozen warheads it is possible. Note the word "effective". That is key. Doesn't mean to wipe it out geographically, but to essentially destroy it and its capabilities to sustain itself or function.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join