It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leslie Kean interview with govt insider who says no UFO coverup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

He says : "I highly doubt DoD or any other government agency is concealing UFO information."

So he really hasn't got clue.

Only opinion.

And everyone already knows the government is concealing information on UFO's because we have all seen the highly blacked out documents that are still classified today.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

nonsense, we had a real rock star here not long ago telling us that they are working on disclosure. If you don't believe me read his fictional book about the truth.

Interesting such opposite message from the two. Who to believe , who to believe, uhm? Maybe in 10 years we will find out?
edit on 59531America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 23:59:50 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Considering the positions this guy has held and his supposed long term interest in UFO phenomena I am really surprised by his naivety on numerous points.

For a start, "not the faintest hint of govt interest" - really, there are so many different ways to tear that statement apart it isn't even worth bothering to start.

"UFO's are a scientific problem" - Jacques Vallee must be laughing hysterically, there is no such thing as a scientific problem etc.

I could go on but there is no point, this guy, along with the DoD and probably every other Govt Dept, hasn't got a clue about the puzzle that presents itself to us.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

The FOIA requests went a certain way towards uncovering some interesting things. Otherwise I never understand why people expect so much from 'whistleblowers' or politicians. Snowdon's showed how it works and how easy it is to keep everything withheld from Joe and Jane Public.

There's this notion that whatever agencies have filing cabinets and hard drives all clearly labelled with 'UFO secrets exposed - EYES ONLY.' Then they imagine a world-shattering secret that's been kept since at least the late 1940s and have the naivete to think it'd all be owned up to on the flash of a piece of paper. The holders of the secrets are simultaneously dark masterminds and law-abiding idiots who hide their secrets where anyone can find them.

Silly isn't it?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

UFO's are "unidentified" to whom?
They're not unidentified to the government and military departments involved in their development, their testing and their operation.

Was a drone in the early 00's a UFO? Only to those seeing it who didn't know what it was, in the same way the Stealth would have been.

You can fly a helicopter over the Amazon and a tribe of indigenous people there will consider it a UFO. We know what it is, but they don't.

This guy has only reaffirmed my belief that UFO's are not alien in nature, and might not even be the product of foreign governments either. Everything tells me that these are man-made craft, likely based on projects the US took from Nazi Germany after the end of the war, in the same way Nasa was developed as a direct result of Project Paperclip, and probably how the Stealth bomber was developed too.

He's not lying, he's telling the truth, it's just that the public and the average UFO conspiracy theorist on this site doesn't want to believe what's right there in front of them - UFO's are real, but only to a point. They're not unidentified to him or the departments he was involved in because they know exactly what they are.

In my opinion the day we'll know for sure will either be an extremely happy one or potentially the end of our nations. If I'm right, this craft has the capability to disable a nuclear launch without detection. We're never likely to know about its existence until obsolete, or until we're forced to use it in warfare. Even if it were the latter, we would likely still not know how the US managed to prevent the launch of enemy nukes.

Think about it for a while and you'll start to realize how all the pieces fit together.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder
For a start, "not the faintest hint of govt interest" - really, there are so many different ways to tear that statement apart it isn't even worth bothering to start.

Perhaps it's you not understanding what he's saying?
These are not unidentified craft to him, they are identified, because they're US made craft.
The real unidentified things (the things they cannot account for) are natural phenomena and irrelevant to national security.

originally posted by: chunder
"UFO's are a scientific problem" - Jacques Vallee must be laughing hysterically, there is no such thing as a scientific problem etc.

He even proves that statement again in this line. They're a scientific problem because the only real "UFO's" to him and the US government are natural phenomena which are genuinely unexplained, and which generally offer no challenges with regard to national security.

Something is only unidentified until it is identified, he's giving everyone more information than people realize in this article but people are too stubborn, too addicted to the "UFO's are aliens!" belief to be able to read what he's actually saying.

UFO's to him are not the same as UFO's to you.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

If that is true, why wouldn't the DoD want to know what was flying around the skies in Illinois in 2000 if it wasn't one of theirs? I think that would be highly irrational of the DoD to take such a position, so his claims don't add up to me.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable question to ask that nobody will answer. A large number of people are seeing something specific, such that it cant be dismissed, you claim it doesnt belong to DoD, but DoD isnt the least bit interested? Like you, it doesnt pass even a cursory smell test.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This guy sounds like a disinformation agent if there ever was one:

One, to obfuscate interest in UFO’s by claiming to be a security insider “who would or should know” who just so happens to be a UFO enthusiast, who then joins a UFO group and is interviewed and clearly refutes any possibility the government knows. GIVE ME A BREAK.

And at the same time makes it known Hillary Clinton DOESN’T know anything about black projects…GIVE ME A BREAK AGAIN.

This from a mainstream site that is pretty weak, Huffington post.

I didn't read the entire article super closely but I didn't read where she ask whether he knew the CIA was commissioned to mislead the public about UFOS.

Also, very convenient this line

Chris (right) with former Secretary of Defense Bill Cohen in 1995. Note the inscription: “The Other Man who kept all the secrets.” Chris drafted the bill for Cohen that established the US Special Operations Command.

Looks like a sure article of misinformation.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
The guy speaks rationally and patiently, from a position where he should know, and from a lifetime's private fascination with the UFO subject. Very smooth, if it's all a charade. Very insightful and helpful, if not.

Reply to Rocker 2013

True, which is why the above is just plain wrong.

He speaks rationally and patiently is an opinion, I disagree. He was not in a position to know diddley squat really and if he has a lifetimes fascination with the subject he has not yet figured out the basics.

Insightful and helpful, not. Not at all, in fact the opposite.

It could well be a charade - why is he really involved in UFOdata ?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

He speaks rationally and patiently is an opinion, I disagree. He was not in a position to know diddley squat really and if he has a lifetimes fascination with the subject he has not yet figured out the basics.

Little harsh, it is possible he has fooled Kean, but she is pro UFO source and she is the one who talks up his credentials.

All he is really saying is that he has access to all the black projects in an effort to make sure there is no duplication/wasted spending and he hasnt seen anything himself.

So maybe we havent recovered any craft, or if we have they are all in one area like Lazar describes with the S4 area(personally I dont believe Lazar, but you wouldnt worry about duplication if all the craft were in one location in separate hangars).

As far as cases like Illinois in 2000, if it wasnt our craft, there is no reason to believe he would have been privy to anything a private military investigation turned up. Its just standard operating procedure, deny anything unusual while quietly trying to figure out what is really going on.

In a way, he is confirming the Illinois case as a true UFO, if he really does have access to all the projects and he knows what was described wasnt ours, what does that leave?

It is shocking if he really believes the DoD isnt interested, like everyone else here, says more about Mellon than anything.
edit on 15-5-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Billy Cox has some further discussion on this interview for those who are interested, especially the comments section after the article.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Misleading thread title because he does believe in UFO's and lists a few of his favorite sightings he thinks are authentic and confirms they are not DOD air craft. His answer about Area 51 and a cover up seemed textbook probably because he is under oath.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Interesting thread Mr Oberg.

What I find difficult to believe is that for 70 years the US Government, it's allies and even our sworn enemies would keep the lid on a Cosmic Secret. Many nations now have the technology to scour the skies and even peer out into the galaxy.

You raise a good point but I can't to wonder:
I think the big players of Earth (US, China Russia, etc) are at a mutually assured destruction over the disclosure of UFOs and alien existence. 6 odd months ago Putin was threatening Obama to disclose or else the old USSR will. All of a sudden he's quiet and there's no info, Putins silent, Obamas silent.

If Russia came out and said what many here suspect: "There are aliens visiting Earth. They are vastly more intelligent than us, they are more technologically advanced than us. And they also abduct and experiment on people at random to harvest fetuses.... oh and we can't stop them, and we've known since XXXX"

The world would grind to a halt with people chimping out everywhere. We think it's bad when people raid a supermarket for storm supplies imagine if the very foundation of religion was rocked to the core?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
I dont think Jim was too off base here, the fact there are unexplained cases Mellon considers credible doesnt really prove anything. I dont agree with Obergs ET position , but do I agree, the main take away from the interview is Mellon was in a position to know and doesnt think the govt is hiding anything.

This of course doesnt necessarily mean he did have access to everything, but he at least believed he did and on top of that doesnt believe the DoD is even interested in UFOs at the present time.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

In his interview he said most military witnesses don't report due to fear of being ridiculed...so do you think he would? Were you expecting him to whistle blow in a random online interview? Do you not think there are people above him or don't you think those who do work on alien tech in black projects are public figures or even in contact with public figures in the government where things could be leaked out?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

In his interview he said most military witnesses don't report due to fear of being ridiculed...so do you think he would?

Apparently not, he is doing an interview with Leslie Kean about UFOs.

Do you not think there are people above him or don't you think those who do work on alien tech in black projects are public figures or even in contact with public figures in the government where things could be leaked out?

Whose to say if there are people above him or not, all Mellon can say is he felt he was aware of all the black projects in an effort to stop the left hand not knowing what the right was doing, ie duplication of work.

It doesnt prove there arent pockets of govt hiding things he is unaware of, but it is a piece of the puzzle, more of skeptical piece imo. However it is somewhat a mixed bag, one would think he could identify which black project the Illinois sighting belongs to if it really wasnt ET in origin and IF he really is in the know.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Some important quotes from the article:

Also, it is totally uncharacteristic of the US military to conduct experimental tests of new vehicles over populated areas where security would be compromised and innocent civilians placed in harms way. That’s completely contrary to military DNA. Alien visitation is actually easier to believe than that level of stupidity being exhibited by the brilliant people developing new aircraft technologies for DoD.

In my experience, on those rare occasions when UFO incidents involving the government occur, they are highly inconvenient, awkward and embarrassing for the afflicted government officials who want nothing more than to put the issue behind them as quickly as possible! The military seems generally unwilling to investigate even when UFO reports come from our own military pilots or officials in high office such as Fife Symington, the former governor of Arizona. Senior officials are so fearful of being ridiculed that they conceal any expression of interest or curiosity.

If it were me, and I were trying to bury it deep, I’d take it outside government oversight entirely and place it in a compartment as a new entity within an existing defense company and manage it as what we call an “IRAD” or “Independent Research and Development Activity.”

The UFO mystery is a scientific problem.

He think's it's more logical for example the OHare Airport sighting was aliens and not some top secret stealth warcraft.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

He think's it's more logical for example the OHare Airport sighting was aliens and not some top secret stealth warcraft.

Mirageman did an excellent thread on the case a while back. Its not one of my favorites, but if there was something there, Ive never bought into the military explanation like some people /cough Springer. I just dont see anyone experimenting with a secret black project in the middle of a busy airport, what could possibly be gained that couldnt be done at somewhere like area 51?

But again, he offered some good discussion with Kean about cases he considers credible, still for most of us, I think the main take away is that he was in position to know alot, and hasnt seen anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here 's yet another 'govt insider who says no UFO coverup' -

See? He's been 'out there' and there were no UFO's or Aliens.

So there you have it.

Nothing to see here move along.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join